Diet Pills?

Options
So I'm thinking about going to the doctor and seeing what they can prescribe me for diet pills. I plan on eating right and everything, but I would like a boost. Any suggestions?

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    If you're already planning on "eating right and everything" - what exactly do you expect the pills to do?
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    So I'm thinking about going to the doctor and seeing what they can prescribe me for diet pills. I plan on eating right and everything, but I would like a boost. Any suggestions?

Keep working and have patience.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    My suggestion - Don't do it. :|
  • slheddlesten
    slheddlesten Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Belviq is okay but hell o expensive, then there is the over the counter Alli ADA approved.
  • slheddlesten
    slheddlesten Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I like the alli with a proper diet it has helped a little.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Does planning on eating right mean you will be eating less than you burn? If so you don't need the pills.

Eat to hit your protein goal, fill up on lots of veg of all different colours. Make sure you get some fat in there and then treat yourself to anything you like with the rest of the calories. You can do it without pills, you just have to believe you can.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options

Is Alli the pill that caused some users to skid mark their underwear?
  • truelight_photo_craig
    Options
    Just say no... ;)
  • ClicquotBubbles
    ClicquotBubbles Posts: 66 Member
    Options

How could you possibly tell that it "helped" at all? Was your weight loss colour coded or labeled so you knew which part was diet and exercise and what part is pills? Without a control there is no possiable way of know that, even having a diet without the pills may have too many variables to even do a fair contrast between the two. Amazing.
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Please don't take this the wrong way.. but from your photo you look young and I don't believe you should go and get diet pills. They don't work because even if you felt less hungry.. once you are off you won't eat right. Learning to eat healthy and having patience is the best advice. Diet pills can be dangerous.
  • george7527
    george7527 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have tried loads of diet pills spent a fortune,
    which I had saved my money. Healthy eating plenty of exercise are the only way.
  • lynnstrick01
    lynnstrick01 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Diet pills can be dangerous, also once you stop taking them guess what...... weight comes right back.. you have to change your LIFESTYLE . There is NO MAGIC PILL.

Only time I would say anyone should even CONSIDER pills is if there is a very rapid weight loss needed for medical reasons and then only under STRICT MEDICAL SUPERVISION by a known and trusted physician, not some weight loss clinic quack
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Diet pills don't "boost" anything.

If you're exercising and eating right anyway, why would you even consider the need to take them?
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options

Is Alli the pill that caused some users to skid mark their underwear?

Yeah, I believe that was the one that was causing anal leakage. :s
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Op, if you need to rely on diet pills, I got some bad news...
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have tried diet pills and either they do not work or once you stop taking them you gain the weight back. There is no easy button to losing weight. It is either log the hours and make a lifestyle change or continue yo-yoing the weight.
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I don't think there are any safe or healthy diet pills. Eat healthy, weigh & track food, & use exercise to give you the extra boost!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Prescription diet pills are not a "boost" ... they are for medical necessity. Prescription hunting is not the healthiest of behaviors.
  • CindyS858
    CindyS858 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What about supplements vs prescription diet pills? Has anyone tried any that they have found helpful with what they were already doing with diet/exercise?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    CindyS858 wrote: »
    What about supplements vs prescription diet pills? Has anyone tried any that they have found helpful with what they were already doing with diet/exercise?

Helpful to what end?

I'll occasionally take a protein supplement (shake/smoothie, etc) on a day where I know my protein intake is going to be lower.