Any non drinkers here?

Options

Replies

• kate1975
    kate1975 Posts: 31
    Options
    Alcohol keeps me awake even so much as a sip and it's like I've had 60 pro plus lol so unless I have a drink first thing in the morning which id never do i can honestly say I'm tea total. But it's very annoying how I'm almost bullied by people trying to get me to drink I'm sure they would feel better about themselves doing it if I did it to! and the shock on peoples faces when I tell them I don't drink is emense like im an outer space visitor lmao
  • dcladydi
    dcladydi Posts: 95
    Options
    I've never had a drink in my life :smile: so you are not alone.
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Don't like beer, don't like wine. I can only drink alcohol if the taste is masked (so anything with vodka). Used to try and hide it like at social events getting a coke or ginger ale so it would look like an alcoholic beverage...funny, huh? And on top of it I married a French man whose family thought I was wierd because I didn't like wine. They still serve it to me (in a big glass) and I sip to be polite but then my husband will come over and finish it for me and LOL I am always the designated driver!!!
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Don't drink and haven't for @ 20-some-odd years. Never really liked it, and then I became mentor/advisor to a group of teenagers. They all had to sign a contract saying they wouldn't drink, and I felt I couldn't i couldn't ask them to do something I wasn't willing to, so I signed the contract and totally stopped drinking. When my tenure with the group ended, I just never started drinking again,and I don't miss it, even a little.
  • Hanna82
    Hanna82 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I don't drink and proud of it. I've seen nothing but bad things come of it anyway.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Nope. I do not drink alcohol..I havent since March 12th of this year..I drank enough that night to last me...a FEW lifetimes...yeah..that's what made me decide not to drink anymore!
  • Yoni99
    Yoni99 Posts: 6
    Options
    i drank all what i should have drunk, now i dont and do really enjoy fooling with drunk people, makes me laugh
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Nope don't drink, seem so sad seeing how alcohol is so embraced, watched a few people die from it. My mil died drank herself to death, saw a documentry about alcohol how young girls nowadays seem to compete or out drink the boys and are dying because of there small frame and weight. Advertising makes it look normal for young people to party and get drunk. I'm glad I didn't have the peer pressure kids have nowadys,..
  • orting514
    orting514 Posts: 153
    Options
    I have an occasional drink now and then when I'm out but usually once a month if that

Ya me to, i'm basically a tea totaler, maybe the occational glass of wine every time the moons blue.
  • hollistwhirl
    Options
    i quit smoking and drinking about 10 years ago.....so i am a non drinker now...they both kinda went hand ...n...hand for me but now i have replaced it with food...uuhhgg
  • ilovemyjacks
    Options
    You are not alone. I am a non-drinker as is my husband.
  • Noctuary
    Noctuary Posts: 255
    Options
    Not a drinker. As a Diabetic and heart attack survivor, drinks and my meds are a no no. Plus I'd rather have Diet Dr Pepper!
  • Yoni99
    Yoni99 Posts: 6
    Options
    i saw your pictures before and after what did you do????
  • hardcoreloser
    Options
    I don't drink....why do you ask?
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 and everyone and their mother seems to be going to the bar all weekend long. (It's all I see on my FB posts on the weekend...) But I'm a mom and a wife and the bar scene just doesn't feel appropriate anymore. I also am wayyy to broke to drink regularly! I like a nice drink with dinner every once in a while, but with calorie counting I just don't now. I'd rather spend my calories on food :)
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I quit totally long ago. I have a lot more fun and remember it now.
  • skinnyrache
    skinnyrache Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You aren't alone! Never been a drinker and never will be, and I'm perfectly happy that way :) Not drinking is a great way to save both cash and calories (as well as humiliation and other things!)
  • numnumnums
    numnumnums Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm sober 7 years, thank the Lord. That stuff almost killed me!
    And incidentally, as soon as i quit drinking, I lost 10 pounds right away. And I agree with the others on this thread, not being hung over is awesome.
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    5 years clean and sober and LOVING it! Life is so much more fun without that nasty stuff!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Haven't had a single drop of anything since last September and don't miss it a bit! And who needs all those extra calories anyway!!! So much easier to lose weight without it!