Can anyone help me.

Options
2»

Replies

• allunits
    allunits Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat. I will friend you too.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Gorge yourself on piles and piles of vegetables. Eat soup and salad before meals.
  • Reneebycakes
    Reneebycakes Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think the type of protein matters. Those bars don't always satisfy my hungry but a whole food high protein option like lentils or yogurt is pretty filing. Something to consider
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    thanks yeah. I rely on bars because they're what I eat on the go at work. I just ate them and I'm still hungry again. I'm out of Calories for the day.
  • RosemaryBronte
    RosemaryBronte Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Eating a lot of sugary food makes me hungrier. As i eat less sugar, i am feeling less hungry but i still have 3 pieces of fruit a day. It's important for me to eat some carbs e.g. bread or potatoes or rice and some protein and some fat or oil with each meal so my appetite doesn't go crazy. Low fat diets are as stupid as high fat ones. Low carb is a bad idea too i think. Concentrate on getting a healthy balance back into what you eat and then your body can stop panicking and thinking it is in a starvation situation. Try to coax your body in a kindly way instead of bullying it into losing weight. Use healthy nourishing food to love and care for yourself and use exercise not to punish yourself for being overweight but to care for your body so you feel good. You need kindness and encouragement because your body became overwhelmed by what you did to it.
  • Makoce
    Options
    That is truly a point to be made. Thank you.
  • reach47100
    reach47100 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel you deeply. I need some advice too!
  • Odilerubia
    Odilerubia Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Eating a lot of sugary food makes me hungrier. As i eat less sugar, i am feeling less hungry but i still have 3 pieces of fruit a day. It's important for me to eat some carbs e.g. bread or potatoes or rice and some protein and some fat or oil with each meal so my appetite doesn't go crazy. Low fat diets are as stupid as high fat ones. Low carb is a bad idea too i think. Concentrate on getting a healthy balance back into what you eat and then your body can stop panicking and thinking it is in a starvation situation. Try to coax your body in a kindly way instead of bullying it into losing weight. Use healthy nourishing food to love and care for yourself and use exercise not to punish yourself for being overweight but to care for your body so you feel good. You need kindness and encouragement because your body became overwhelmed by what you did to it.

I couldnt agree more. I get the impression that its more something on your mind than the things you are actually eating! Maybe you have lots of workstress or something happened privately? Maybe you are overtired from all the pressure you put yourself under? Just guesses but it might be worth approaching your problem from a different direction. I also can eat easily 5 proteinbars and wonder if a 6th is okay.... Maybe you can take to work some little boxes with raisins, cucumber, fresh bellpepper cut in slices and munch on that. I dont know what it is with fresh snacks, but you feel much fresher and thus healthier and for me it is a subconsious motivation to stop eating the '' bad stuff".
    Also, low carb for a long time is very unhealthy in the long term for your body.
    All the protein bars and shakes etc. seem to me comfort food. I dont know where you live, but if you re in a colder area and its early dark, you might be suffering of winterdepression, lack of daylight which will make you want to eat pasta, bread, biscuits, cookies etc. day and night.
    Just a few ideas.... good luck!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'2" and occasionally get hungry, especially if I don't eat any dense carbs, like rice or popcorn or corn tortillas (I don't eat gluten but bread would fill me up too). I eat mostly veggies and meat but make sure I get those carbs in. Fruit and yogurt don't seem to curb my hunger.

I'm learning that if I don't push the carbs every few days while trying to stay at my calorie goal, I'll probably have a binge attack and eat a bag of chips. I was surprised at that as I'd been avoiding carbs, especially some of the junkier carbs, but realize that that won't work for me long term.
  • d8nni
    d8nni Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ever since I read that the study that made people thinking that you needed to eat breakfast to lose weight was misinterpreted, I've allowed myself to be a breakfast skipper. I don't get hungry until right before lunch, so I can make the 1200 calorie goal I'm working on. If I eat breakfast I go over, period. I'm hungriest in the late evening and I need to be able to eat a big dinner to feel good and full or I will bing eat starting around 10 PM and totally blow it. I've lost 15 pounds this way so far, and what I do eat is quite healthy so I don't think it's doing me any harm. I'm up at 6:30 and I bike to work, I just don't get hungry for hours if I don't eat anything so I'm making it work for me. I do drink coffee with half-and-half before lunch, but it totals up to under 50 calories most days.
  • Makoce
    Options
    D8nni I use to do intermittent fasting and skipped breakfast and ate around 1pm. It worked great for me but now when I wake up in the morning im starving. I am at my most hungry around night time so maybe I'll push through it and try fasting again?
  • SusanLR9
    SusanLR9 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm in kind of a similar situation (without the six pack!). I lost 60 lbs two years ago, kept it off for a year and then since August have put 20 back on because of simply eating way too much. I've gotten myself back in control after reading (and following) recommendations in a fantastic book, so that book is my recommendation for you. The book is Dr. Yoni Freedhoff's The Diet Fix. He says many, many smart things including this, "The roles of food, as a pleasure, a comfort, and a social pillar, are part of the very fabric of the human condition, and if it's cheating to be human, well, that's a big problem."

Dr. Freedhoff doesn't think any food should be off limits. He also thinks it's counterproductive to forbid certain foods or severely restrict eating. He writes, "Oftentimes, the folks who rely on forbidding food as a weight management strategy are binge eaters. These are the last folks who should live overly restrictive lifestyles as studies clearly finger overly restrictive lifestyles as one of the primary drivers of binge eating."

Anyway, he has a pretty simple system that works with any style of eating so probably you could do Paleo and make it work better for you. It involves six meals/snacks with adequate calories and protein in each and journalling. He has a 10-day program to get you started. I found the book incredibly reassuring and helpful, and something I can follow for life.

Good luck!
  • Makoce
    Options
    That kind of reminds me of the book intuitive eating. That helped me loads too.
  • Makoce
    Options
    Trying to go back to 16:8 today. So hungry. :(