beach body is a fail. suggestions?

Options

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    what are the qualifications and compensation as a beachbody coach?

Qualifications: Can sell stuff to people and convince those people to sell stuff to other people and give you the money instead of keeping it.

Compensation: Same as Amway - whatever you sell generally pays to the person above you on the chain. You make money by recruiting other "coaches" and getting paid for their sales.

so it's kind of like Amway or Mary Kay you purchase the products then you sale them?

Yup exactly the same business model.

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    How do I earn money?

You get paid weekly commissions when people buy Beachbody products and Team Beachbody Club memberships through your personal website. You can also earn cash bonuses based on your team’s sales.

What does it cost to begin?

It only costs $39.99 to start a Beachbody business. That includes your first month’s Business Services Fees and your Coach Business Kit, which comes with everything you need to begin earning income.

Do I need to be a fitness expert?

No, you don’t need to be a fitness or weight-loss expert to become a Beachbody Coach. You just need to be ready to commit to changing your life.

http://www.teambeachbody.com/en_US/coach/faq
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I hate the whole coach thing as well but I have their workouts, hard copy dvd and found through online sites for free. You dont need a coach by any means to purchase it or join their fb groups. Insanity, Max 30, Turbo Fire, p90x3 and some others are great workouts for staying active and fit. Others fall flat. If you can get through a rotation by all means do it or do cross training by mixing them with other daily routines and activities like Biking, Running, Power Walking, Cycling in Studio, Studio Fitness classes, and Lifting in the gym.

But something similar as I believe someone mentioned thats pretty cheap and is at walmart is the Weider "Ruthless" I think its a 20 minute tabata style workout thats only like $29 and it's a good workout.

There is also other MMA style workouts like UFC Fit, Ruthless by Georges St Pierre, and Tapout XT.

There is also great free youtube workouts consisting of any genre and any length of time you are into. From 10 minutes to an hour. You can do yoga, pilates, cardio, taebo, strength, callisthenics, etc. There four good channels that I have bookmarked: Tone It Up, Body Rock, BE Fit (Where they have some licensed dvd workouts available for free on youtube like Denise Austin and etc), and methodworkout (Where English personal trainer Hamelin D'Abell posts his own method and workout that is sometimes cardiotone, 1on1, or a video of a class with people in his studio he has done recently).

• norie92
    norie92 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I love Beach Body programs. I did Insanity and lost quite a bit of fat even though I didn't diet (I was already "thin"). Next, I did P90X and went from 1-3 pullups to about 10 pullups, that's quite the strength gain. Eventually I stuck with the old Power 90 program and I almost gained a six pack until I stopped workout out for a while.

I'm back on board with Beach Body and am doing their new P90 program since I'm starting slow.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Join a group on here or fb or somewhere for accountability. I can't say I wouldn't mind giving combat a go if for whatever reason I can't continue my in class mma and that new Tai Chi thing looks kinda cool.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of buying Turbo Jam. I hate it, it was expensive and it's just gathering dust. I am interested in Body Beast though. I just hate aerobics personally. My favorite at home DVDs are Leslie Sansone's walking DVDs and Tracy Reifkind's "Give and Take" kettlebell swing DVD. She has lots of YouTube videos as well. After you get the gist of it, you really don't even need a DVD. KB's will kick your butt. It's a twofer....cardio and weights in one. I swing a 20lb one and am working up to the next weight.
  • treas18bailey
    treas18bailey Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing bikini body mommy 90 day challenge. It is on YouTube and its free to sign up if you sign up you get new video emailed to you everyday. She also has a blog and Facebook pages that people post and can get motivation from
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I don't know if the OP is still reading but it seems to me she's saying the draw of the Beach Body program is having a coach to hold you accountable (whether or not that's what they actually do, I don't have any experience and can't debate that one way or the other). I hear her saying she's afraid by using MFP she'll "fall through the cracks." For me, that's where the friends list comes in. If you find a group of committed people who check in daily then you can use that as motivation to keep coming back and doing the work. In reality it all boils down to you being your own motivator, but a good group of friends can at least give you a push in the right direction until it becomes more ingrained.

And I've lost 47 pounds without setting foot in a gym. I ate at a deficit and used free YouTube videos and running to lose the weight (Fitness Blender is my channel of choice). It doesn't have to cost a lot, but it helps to have a few weights and a good pair of shoes. :)
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Ok...I feel the need to comment on this thread to simply state that not ALL coaches are the same. (I am NOT a coach, but was once involved with Mary Kay so I understand the idea behind the BB business.)

Like most of you, I have tried multiple Beach Body programs (30 Day Shred, 21 Day Fix, Hip Hop Abs, and I'm waiting on TurboFire in the mail) and while I initially was uninterested in the "coach" aspect, I noticed friends on FB posting success stories, recipes, challenge groups, etc. I think it's about finding someone who generally has an interest in providing a service to their team. Yes, there is an aspect of "sales" involved with their job, so you have to expect some of that - BUT if you're looking for a genuine and amazing coach that is inspirational, I know of a great one, so feel free to message me for her information.

Best of luck!!
  • allison1983weber
    allison1983weber Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    T25, I downloaded it for free, no coach, no accountability. I am on week 10, 23lbs lost and 16". It just depends on how bad you want it. I find the workout amazing :)
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the firm and mixing it with walking. I always rent fitness dvds from the library first then if I like it I will buy it either on amazon or ebay whichever is cheapest.
    Also on YouTube check out tone it up. They have a channel with tons of tough good workouts for FREE
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    When I see BeachBody, I think of them from 2 different angles.
    On one side, I thoroughly enjoy many of their workout programs.......especially the Tony Horton stuff like P90, P90X, P90X+, P90X2, and P90X3.
    If all they did was sell these wildly popular DVD's, that would be enough for them to survive, one would think and the company would be wildly successful.

Maybe because there's a spot in their pocket that's been empty for too long, they offer the "opportunity" to be a "coach", which is a misnomer if I've ever heard one.......and this "coach" opportunity resembles every other MLM/pyramid scam that's out there. Although there are many variations, the premise is the same.......buy into their system, both metaphorically and monetarily, and then recruit others to buy into the system.

Sure, they state that their goal is to help with fitness, but what they're doing is setting up a base.......regular customers of their overpriced Shakeology on one side, potential downline coaches on the other. (Please note that I speak from experience having given the BB Coach opportunity a try for 2 months, so I know what they push in their materials versus what face they show).

I've had coaches give the the line about how Shakeology costs less that buying breakfast everyday (sure, if I eat at McDonalds everyday, I might buy this point that Shakeology is a better alternative.....but I don't, so your line holds no relevance). I've also heard coaches feed me the line that working in a conventional workplace is just like the pyramid I accuse them of being a part of. Yes and no.......is there a heierarchy, yes, but is a large portion of my income dependent upon my success in bringing in subordinates, no.

Luckily for me, I can separate the two sides of BeachBody. I will continue to do the workouts (don't like the cost, try BitTorrent websites or YouTube-like websites.......free of charge). I refuse to pay the cost of a gym membership, so I have a set of weights, Tony Horton workouts and a living room with sufficient space to workout in.

Just keep the scam artists away.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    I fail to understand what the existence of beachbody coaches has to do with the efficacy of the beachbody workout videos

This. I don't know any beachbody coaches and I'm not concerned with meeting any. I've done Insanity & Les Mills Combat. I ordered them online - no coach requred. Combat was 50% off too, so it wasn't that expensive at all.
  • GenieBeanieChiliBeanie
    Options
    Grubworm - how'd you nake out, since this is an old thread....did you find the accountabiity you were looking for?
  • GraemeMcC
    GraemeMcC Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i dont need the coach to tell me what to do. i know the dvds would explain just fine (though im still not willing to send $100 on a DVD). my understanding though is that you check in with them like a group and they motivate and support. thats what ive heard anyways. thats the only thing that made me want to try it. but with that kind of price its not worth it for me

I know what you mean, I lose weight when I sign up to and attend weightwatchers, because I know I have to look someone in the eye when I weigh in. A personal trainer may be able to do the same, or if you can get a friend have set times where you commit to each other and train.

All the best.
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    ive considered trying beach body but was so put off by the "coaches" that i never gave it much thought. ive yet to meet a "coach" who seemed genuine and like they really wanted to help. the ones ive talke to, a few tell me if didnt by the products (like every new product that came out) i would fail and ive had others tell me if i couldnt afford the products, i didnt deserve to lose the weight, etc.

recently i found a "coach" (completely by accident) that isnt AS bad and so today i looked into the work out DVDs. $100+ for ONE DVD....um no thanks. i cannot justify spending that much on a DVD. the main thing that drew me to beach body is having someone to be accountable to.
    MFP is great but its easy to slip through the cracks and have no one notice. i wish i had friends near that were on the same path as me that way theyd help keep me on track but no such luck.

anyways. i need to find some kind of work out program/DVD. any suggestions? preferably for a beginner (yes i want to be challenged but no i dont want to feel like its way too hard and i cant do it- i know itll just make me quit.) maybe something that is easily modified and then i can do the harder version as i get stronger.

Did they say specifically "if you can't afford beach body you don't deserve to lose weight" or was it more along the lines of "losing weight is hard and requires prioritization to be successful"?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ive considered trying beach body but was so put off by the "coaches" that i never gave it much thought. ive yet to meet a "coach" who seemed genuine and like they really wanted to help. the ones ive talke to, a few tell me if didnt by the products (like every new product that came out) i would fail and ive had others tell me if i couldnt afford the products, i didnt deserve to lose the weight, etc.

recently i found a "coach" (completely by accident) that isnt AS bad and so today i looked into the work out DVDs. $100+ for ONE DVD....um no thanks. i cannot justify spending that much on a DVD. the main thing that drew me to beach body is having someone to be accountable to.
    MFP is great but its easy to slip through the cracks and have no one notice. i wish i had friends near that were on the same path as me that way theyd help keep me on track but no such luck.

anyways. i need to find some kind of work out program/DVD. any suggestions? preferably for a beginner (yes i want to be challenged but no i dont want to feel like its way too hard and i cant do it- i know itll just make me quit.) maybe something that is easily modified and then i can do the harder version as i get stronger.

There are 10's of thousands of exercise videos out there. It's just finding what "clicks" with you.

I would do a few beginner workouts on YouTube, and then graduate to intermediate workouts on DVD. Unless it's been decades since you have exercised you're going to advance pretty quickly. That way you get a feel for what you like and dislike in a video.

A couple suggestions; my favorite intermediate DVD series is 30 Minutes to Fitness By Kelly Coffey Meyer. Each DVD has 2 - 30 minute workouts plus lots of premixes to keep it fresh. The DVDs feature at least 3 people, so there are modifiers. Video clips & reviews here:
    http://www.collagevideo.com/collections/kelly-coffey-meyer

Another suggestion: Cathe Friedrich. Her workouts tend to be more advanced, but she has modifiers also.
    https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/category-s/173.htm?searching=Y&sort=5&cat=173&show=10&page=1
  • ticiaelizabeth
    ticiaelizabeth Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender is fantastic. They have a TON of videos online, most of which are free. And if you do decide to purchase one of their programs, they are very reasonable. I got an 8 week workout plan last month for under 10 bucks.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Dont pay for anything and listen to the experienced folks on MFP.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Dont pay for anything and listen to the experienced folks on MFP.

...many of who know more than most Beachbody "coaches" anyway.

There's no training or certification involved in becoming a Beachbody "coach" - it's just their fancy name for "salesperson" which they hope offers more authority behind their recommendations for their overpriced products. The only requirement to become a BB "coach" is to pay your $39.99 for your distributor's license. In their Coach FAQ, they even say that no fitness/nutrition knowledge is required, lol:
    Do I need to be a fitness expert?

No, you don’t need to be a fitness or weight-loss expert to become a Beachbody Coach. You just need to be ready to commit to changing your life.