Options

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    taypc wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    1) Stay away from sugars! Drink plenty of water and 2) green tea!! 3)Hot water and 4)lemon is also very good, drink it as soon as you wake up 5)helps speed up metabolism x

1) not necessary at all
    2) also completely unnecessary and won't help
    3) pointless
    4) mythical lemon magic is mythical
    5) this is so utterly false and ridiculous I don't think I could properly emphasize just how false it is

Well it's helped me so maybe you don't know as much as you think

I'm sure it is other changes you have made that helped you. If you enjoy drinking lemon water or green tea that's fine. If staying away from sweets keeps you on track that works. They aren't necessary for fat loss and none of that boosts your metabolism.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    1) Stay away from sugars! Drink plenty of water and 2) green tea!! 3)Hot water and 4)lemon is also very good, drink it as soon as you wake up 5)helps speed up metabolism x

1) not necessary at all
    3) pointless
    5) this is so utterly false and ridiculous I don't think I could properly emphasize just how false it is

Well it's helped me so maybe you don't know as much as you think :) have a nice night x

It has helped you because you are logging your food and eating at a calorie deficit. The calorie deficit is the cause of your weight loss, not hot lemon water woo.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Heh. I knew something was up when I saw a Belly Fat thread with 60 posts.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

1) not necessary at all
    3) pointless

Well it's helped me so maybe you don't know as much as you think :) have a nice night x

You tell me to have a nice night on here...but then cuss me in a private message. Classy.
  • taypc
    taypc Posts: 20 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    :)
  • arditarose
    Options
    choppie70 wrote: »

1) not necessary at all
    3) pointless

It has helped you because you are logging your food and eating at a calorie deficit. The calorie deficit is the cause of your weight loss, not hot lemon water woo.

Wow, can't anyone just say 'well done if that works for you then crack on' on this thing? I thought you guys were meant to be supportive but obviously not.

Not if you're posting something that is false on a public forum. It should be corrected as others are reading and learning from these threads.
  • Carlos_421
    Options

1) not necessary at all
    3) pointless

Wow, can't anyone just say 'well done if that works for you then crack on' on this thing? I thought you guys were meant to be supportive but obviously not.

No, because then others would read your advise, take it and not see the results they want because they're misinformed.

Sorry, but turning a blind eye in order to stay in happyland doesn't help people. Telling them the truth does.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

1) not necessary at all
    3) pointless

Telling people when they're wrong is supportive. You don't want to hear the truth? You're in the wrong neighborhood. If you want green tea and lemon water boost Woo go to facebook.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    :)

Avoiding added sugars can help with a calorie deficit but it isn't necessary. The rest is irrelevant to weight loss. You've still lost by eating less than you burn.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Stay away from sugars! Drink plenty of water and green tea!! Hot water and lemon is also very good, drink it as soon as you wake up helps speed up metabolism x

No. None of this will result in the loss of stomach fat.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Since the "So you want a nice stomach" thread was written most belly fat posts are a couple of posts long :laugh: I remember the days when they were easily 10 pages.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

Since the "So you want a nice stomach" thread was written most belly fat posts are a couple of posts long :laugh: I remember the days when they were easily 10 pages.

We are forever in your debt.
  • arditarose
    Options

I know! That's why I stopped in. I was surprised it was so long.
  • usmcmp
    Options

Nah, it needed to happen eventually. It's a common question and we needed a reference point for the basics.
  • Carlos_421
    Options

Nah, it needed to happen eventually. It's a common question and we needed a reference point for the basics.

There are lots of things in the world that have needed to happen but didn't happen with near that level of awesome.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Hahaha I love that meme!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

How many pages is the "So you want a nice stomach thread"? They're all still there, you just corralled them--great going, and great information by the way. You are always in the know. Thanks, your story is also awsome.
  • Carlos_421
    Options

How many pages is the "So you want a nice stomach thread"? They're all still there, you just corralled them--great going, and great information by the way. You are always in the know. Thanks, your story is also awsome.

I love it when people ask questions in that thread just because I enjoy reading USMCMP's responses.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    MrWilson6 wrote: »
    I'm surprised by how many people suggest to eat a calorie deficit. This is a very harmful way of attempting to lose weight, mainly because it can never be maintained. Eating in this manner is called "disordered eating", and often known as the "yo-yo diet". If someone needs to lose weight for health reasons, see a dietitian who can help manage a healthy lifestyle through proper eating habits and staying active.

51339fe14d1cc9da722a0476abd57031-go-home-cat-youre-drunk.jpg

Consider this stolen.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I love it when people ask questions in that thread just because I enjoy reading USMCMP's responses.

Right. I don't know how she does it, but always responds willingly to even the most bizzare questions and keeps her cool. And she responds often in her threads. A woman to admire.