Ketogenic diet recipes help

Options
castroomichelle
castroomichelle Posts: 2 Member
Hey guys, I just started this new diet called the ketogenic diet, I started about four days ago I'm looking for new easy recipes if anyone has any suggestions it'll be greatly appreciated! Thank you :)

Replies

• kasperwasper2016
    kasperwasper2016 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Top a bowl of greens with bacon, blue cheese, nuts & raspberries. Dress with olive oil & red wine or balsamic vinegar.
  • Dimpy59
    Dimpy59 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has a ton of Ketogenic recipes. Also there are several LCHF groups on Facebook. Be careful though, members in some of those groups get pretty snarky at times. If you join a FB group, make sure to read all the group info, pinned posts and files sections, that's where they put the recipes as well as new ones members post almost daily.
  • GUARDiAN_GUiLD
    GUARDiAN_GUiLD Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Dimpy59 wrote: »
    Pinterest has a ton of Ketogenic recipes. Also there are several LCHF groups on Facebook. Be careful though, members in some of those groups get pretty snarky at times. If you join a FB group, make sure to read all the group info, pinned posts and files sections, that's where they put the recipes as well as new ones members post almost daily.

+1
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Saddening when people can't care on my high fiber/ high carb diet. I'm alone here.
    Lots of beans, quinoa, barley, lentils, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, roasted chick peas, brown rice, wheat pasta, etc
  • cwallace6988
    cwallace6988 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started the Keto diet a couple of weeks ago. I finally measured my ketones today with a monitor, and I've hit ketosis. Yay! There are tons of recipes on https://ketodietapp.com/Blog There's plenty of info on that site, too, if you haven't checked it out already. Pinterest is also a great place to look for LCHF recipes. I am excited to experiment with making fat bombs this weekend!

Good luck with the diet! It definitely is a change of how I've conditioned myself to eat.
  • castroomichelle
    castroomichelle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank all of you guys so much! I'll definetly check out Pinterest!! Hope your diets are going well :)
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    There's a LCHF group here that includes ketogenic diets. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • mirandagod77
    mirandagod77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I started the Keto diet a couple of weeks ago. I finally measured my ketones today with a monitor, and I've hit ketosis. Yay! There are tons of recipes on https://ketodietapp.com/Blog There's plenty of info on that site, too, if you haven't checked it out already. Pinterest is also a great place to look for LCHF recipes. I am excited to experiment with making fat bombs this weekend!

Good luck with the diet! It definitely is a change of how I've conditioned myself to eat.

is this like Atkins? I did that 2 years ago and ended up with what felt like gull stones even though I've had mine removed. seriously had to take meds for about 8 months till the attacks finally stopped
  • mirandagod77
    mirandagod77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I mean gall stones
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Saddening when people can't care on my high fiber/ high carb diet. I'm alone here.
    Lots of beans, quinoa, barley, lentils, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, roasted chick peas, brown rice, wheat pasta, etc

Just omit the quinoa and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    Lots of info at the LCD group. Many of us are thriving on a Keto diet.

My favourite Keto meals are very simple. Bacon and eggs. Cheeseburger patties, possibly with lettuce or not. Any meat with a low GI vegetable and butter. Taco in a bowl without rice, beans, corn etc. Zucchini noodles with Alfredo sauce.
  • PearBlossom9
    PearBlossom9 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Loving Keto. Here is what I eat a lot of:

-Eggs! I like scrambled and deviled.
    -Bacon with the scrambled eggs
    -Chicken breast (I cook up a bunch so I have a few days worth)
    -Salad using baby spinach, usually some chicken, cheese, caesar dressing
    -Salad using baby spinach, chicken tossed with some buffalo hot sauce, blue cheese dressing
    -Chicken breast with various low carb veggies such as zucchini
    -Ground beef taco meat. I use it in a salad. Toss with spinach, top with cheddar, dollop of sour cream and definitely some guacamole.
    -Steak- I usually treat myself to a steak of my choosing once a week. I currently have sirloins in my freezer. Good deal at Costco. 4 6 ounce or so steaks for $20
    -Various beef roasts when they are on sale. Have a chuck roast in the oven that I plan to shred and do various things with this week. Looking forward to eating some with fresh made guacamole
    - Soups such as Italian Wedding without the pasta. Avgolemono (greek lemon soup with eggs and chicken), leaving out the pasta.
    - Roasted or sauteed cabbage
    - Lunch meats. Salami and provelone or smoked cheddar with some brown mustard. Turkey with veggie cream cheese an pickle & rolled up and cut into slices. Ham and swiss rolled up, sometimes with a pickle.
    - Fresh mozzarella salad. I toss fresh mozzarella with olive oil and some spices then toss with some spinach
    - Keto Chow. A decent tasting complete meal replacement drink