Chinese Take out

Options
13»

Replies

• chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I won't spend my life avoiding Chinese buffets/takeout, so I am fitting it in now. Not even a cheat; it can totally fit if I want it to. Once a month at least. Walnut shrimp, beef with broccoli, a small lo mein and an egg roll or wonton. But after a half marathon (only two under my belt so far) I eat all the things.
  • Jbell0213
    Jbell0213 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    So the meal consisted of Shrimp Cow Mein fun, 2 cups 360 calories. 1 cup Egg drop soup. 1 steamed dumpling. I did really good. Going to have to drink all of water with the sodium intake.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,157 Member
    Options
    Sure, now I want Chinese take-out.
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I've been craving veggie lo mien lately....how many calories would you guys log that at?
  • Jbell0213
    Options
    There are different amounts on the search. One says 403 cal for 1 container. And then is says 1 cup about 278. I guess you would pick pretty close to your serving.
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Jbell0213 wrote: »
    There are different amounts on the search. One says 403 cal for 1 container. And then is says 1 cup about 278. I guess you would pick pretty close to your serving.

I saw stuff ranging from 200-1400 calories and really had no idea what I'd log it as so I didn't get take out :disappointed:
  • ChampagneLaughter495
    Options
    I hatttte you for this. Chinese food is my fav but it's banned until I knock my 10lbs off.
    I alwayyyys get either orange chicken or sweet and sour chicken with fried rice and an eggroll. I lovedd the chowmein and sweet and sour when i lived on the west coast. East coast chinese kind of really sucks
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    ilex70 wrote: »
    Um, avoid if at all possible. What isn't deep fried and coated in sugary sauce it usually still loaded with oil.

But if you have too then stick with something at least not fried/sugary, like almond chicken or broccoli beef. Steamed rice if any, no egg roll/crab rangoon.

We eat very different chinese food.
  • Jbell0213
    Options
    I'm sorry :( I did pretty good. No fried food. I love Crab Rangoon. Didn't eat it. Chow Mein Fun is rice noodles, I got them with shrimp and vegetables.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    teephil wrote: »
    I say get what you want. It's not something you do every day. Beef and broccoli, sesame chicken and cream cheese wontons are my faves. I usually skip the rice though, it's just too calorie dense for me.

How do you know the OP doesn't eat out every day?

That said: beef and broccoli is a great suggestion.
  • Jbell0213
    Options
    I say get what you want. It's not something you do every day. Beef and broccoli, sesame chicken and cream cheese wontons are my faves. I usually skip the rice though, it's just too calorie dense for me.

Sorry, what is OP
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    My husband's favorite place is Panda Express. I get the rice bowl with mushroom chicken. It has the least calories of any of their entrees. The chicken and green bean is only about 20 calories more. If you can find the menu and nutrition information online you can check and see what will fit into your day.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Sorry, what is OP
    You. Original poster. Based on your post, we had no way of knowing if dinner out was a once a month, once a year, or daily routine. Hard to know what to suggest, should we suggest what I did: the "healthiest" option, or, what the other fellow who replied suggested, the: "go for it, splurge, eat what you want" option.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I just put it down as a maintenance day but I only get it once a month if lucky
  • Jbell0213
    Options

Sorry, what is OP
    You. Original poster. Based on your post, we had no way of knowing if dinner out was a once a month, once a year, or daily routine. Hard to know what to suggest, should we suggest what I did: the "healthiest" option, or, what the other fellow who replied suggested, the: "go for it, splurge, eat what you want" option.

Thank you for clarifying. I would say I eat it about once a month.
  • espree70
    espree70 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Mu Shu pork, and a mixed vege dish
  • RetroPolkaDot
    RetroPolkaDot Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat restaurant food these days mostly due to budget so when I do I just order whatever my favorite items are and I don't worry about the calories.
    However, If I had take out or ate at restaurants more often then I'd choose a stir fry style dish that had plenty of veggies in it, steamed rice, and wonton soup.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    now i think im getting chinese for dinner. the boy has a late basketball game today and will get out just before dinner time..... lol
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The place we order from has steamed chicken and shrimp with veggies. Most places will do that for you if you ask. Then I just add a lil soy to it.