Options
2»

Replies

• Dayofthebread
    Dayofthebread Posts: 20 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good luck with your journey.

I started at a similar weight and your goal is totally possible.

Also I know we are different in our motivations etc, but I think you shouldn't be so hard on yourself (I know it's hard I am tough on myself too) but if you hate yourself at 235 then losing weight won't necessarily solve all your problems. Yes losing weight helps confidence, but weirdly it was being more accepting and kind to myself that led me to losing the weight, because why would I want to look after a body I hated? You are worthy now and you will be worthy and confident at your goal weight, good luck!
  • kiara1066
    kiara1066 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You can do it! good luck!54363683.png
  • ravi_tiwari_786
    ravi_tiwari_786 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    You can do it... gr8 motivation..
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    secrets424 wrote: »
    To think it could to take years to get to my goal of 155.

We started at the same place - I was 230 lbs, went down to 156.6 lbs over eighteen months after three flights of stairs left me breathing like beached whale. This is a very do-able goal.

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    when i was 46, i went from 235 to 150 in about 9 months. It was an all day every day goal for me, i made exercise and proper nutrition the top priority in my life. If i wasn't eating, i was researching about food and nutrition and calories in/calories out. I set goals to run 5Ks as often as possible, with the first one scheduled 4 months after i started my weight loss. You can do it, but its a complete lifestyle change.
    tnncdpa1pvqz.jpg
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I was your weight at your age, than at the age of 42 I was 295 lbs. now I am down to 232 and I keep pushing forward. You can do this. All the best to you on your journey
  • JayzWife75
    JayzWife75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You have a good support group here and be positive. Happiness is the key to weight loss, another key is lowering the stress levels in your life the best you can. I carry a lot of stress in my body and i only lose a few pounds when i eat less. Exercise but don't over do it and keep a journal for food and work outs, even if it's walking. Small steps can make big improvements. Feel free to message with if you need to talk or have questions. I started this food journal as a suggestion from my nutrition class in college. You can do this, one day or one hour at a time.
  • msdianan65
    msdianan65 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome, I have been here off and on for a year or so. My best friend lost 50 pounds last year by logging his food and making better choices. I was not so successful, I seem to have lost the same 10 pounds quite a few times. You are much younger than I am (I am 50) but sound as if you feel so very much like I feel. I feel fat and ugly with this body, I am hard on myself and wonder why my wonderful husband even wants to look at me, let alone touch me. I am finally starting over with a new outlook and would enjoy having a friend on here who understands. This time I am only going to focus on today, yesterday can't be changed and I have no control over tomorrow until it gets here, Please send me a friend request if you want someone to talk to. I am on day 15 and so far, so good. If I can do this, anyone can. Let's take this journey with like minded people who want us to succeed!
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    You can't change yesterday but you can make healthier choices tomorrow.

I LOVE that.
  • secrets424
    secrets424 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support and kind words. You all have great ideas
    to help me lose the weight and get my head right. It's good to know I'm not alone, with my size, and my feelings.

It's a struggle. But I know losing weight is possible because I've seen people here do it. Chin up. Moment by moment ...I will win battle after battle to win this war!

Ps. I lost another pound this week. That's 4 lbs down in 3 weeks. Yay!
  • schughes48
    schughes48 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I can give you some advice to lose the weight. I have been using the 21-Day portion cups and staying within 1200 calorie range or less. (I drink vodka at night) I also get on my elliptical everyday for 40-50 minutes. It's very important that you workout as much as you can. As of now I am only doing cardio no weight lifting yet. This is working for me and I am getting great results. I have been doing this for about 3-weeks, I am down 10 lbs.

You have to be dedicated in doing this, and push yourself through it even when you do not want to do it.

I know you can do this and get back to where you want to be. GOOD LUCK.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Just think of it this way. The time is going to pass regardless of whether you do anything or not. So in five years you can still be this same weight or you can be at a normal weight. Either way you'll still be five years older.

• WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    4 lbs in 3 weeks is excellent! Just keep it up!
  • TenaciousTAZ
    TenaciousTAZ Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Change is internal as much as external. Change your thoughts, change your mind. Sounds like you have a great boyfriend who loves the whole you. You have a lot of blessings. I have a torn disc, bad knees, hips, and shoulder, but I am still blessed to hit the gym, even though I'm in pain most days. I know it feels like a prison, I've been at 230 lbs. I lost 80 in 8 mos, but it wasn't the end all to my happiness. There is no magic size or weight. I'm 199 lbs. now due to injuries, but I'm not embarrassed....only reason I want to lose some again is to help lower pain on my joints. Avoiding diabetes, heart problems, etc. is a real good reason to want to get fit.
    Stay strong!
  • xlaurax4201
    xlaurax4201 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow I have twins out there! Lol! I'm 32,currently 235lbs,gained 50lbs during pregnancy (now my kid is almost 2) it's my first time using MFP but I love it!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I was 220lbs 8 weeks after I'd had my second baby, and I got down to 154lbs and a UK size 10. Then I had another baby lol. She's now 20 months and I'm around 166lbs so nearly back in all my old clothes.

In a few weeks logging will be routine, as will exercise.

For me, I couldn't have lost weight without exercise, and having fitness goals as well as weight loss ones makes the process more enjoyable.
  • rwhyte12
    rwhyte12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Lots of good suggestions but mostly, the consensus is that you can do it!