Tips for getting rid of stomach fat

Options
1235»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    taypc wrote: »
    Stay away from sugars! Drink plenty of water and green tea!! Hot water and lemon is also very good, drink it as soon as you wake up helps speed up metabolism x
    Nope. You could do all of that and over consume calories and not lose weight.
    And NO drink or food speeds up metabolic rate...................unless laced with amphetamines.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    MrWilson6 wrote: »
    I'm surprised by how many people suggest to eat a calorie deficit. This is a very harmful way of attempting to lose weight, mainly because it can never be maintained. Eating in this manner is called "disordered eating", and often known as the "yo-yo diet". If someone needs to lose weight for health reasons, see a dietitian who can help manage a healthy lifestyle through proper eating habits and staying active.

51339fe14d1cc9da722a0476abd57031-go-home-cat-youre-drunk.jpg

Consider this stolen.

Considering I stole it too...I'll waive my standard royalty fee :)
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    You can't really target specific area. Balanced diet, cardio and core exercises will help you lose fat all around, including stomach.
  • skwytt
    skwytt Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    mccanb41 wrote: »
    Eat at a calorie deficit

I'm 230 right now and am eating at a 2000 calorie a day diet and I normally don't even reach that

Way too low of a clorie... your metabolism will surely slow down which will put you on a plateau sooner or later.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    skwytt wrote: »
    mccanb41 wrote: »
    Eat at a calorie deficit

I'm 230 right now and am eating at a 2000 calorie a day diet and I normally don't even reach that

Way too low of a clorie... your metabolism will surely slow down which will put you on a plateau sooner or later.

No it won't. And 2000 sounds good for her size, about 1-1.5 pounds a week depending on the activity level.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I'm not medically qualified, I'm no trainer nor athlete nor sales person but I've lost weight and its easy and also my belly has lost fat so.....1) put stats into MFP it will work out your calorie intake ( make sure activity level is accurate) 2) weigh all solids measure liquids and enter into MFP 3) aim to hit your calorie goal 4) do exercise it makes you feel good keeps you motivated and if your over on calories it helps burn off some. 5) drink lots of water its good for you and 6) patience .....if you do all this you will lose weight and eventually burn fat from all over the body including the belly.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    MrWilson6 wrote: »
    I'm surprised by how many people suggest to eat a calorie deficit. This is a very harmful way of attempting to lose weight, mainly because it can never be maintained. Eating in this manner is called "disordered eating", and often known as the "yo-yo diet". If someone needs to lose weight for health reasons, see a dietitian who can help manage a healthy lifestyle through proper eating habits and staying active.

I find this statement a bit ironic, because, if you check his diary, he is below his calorie goal. A bit hypocritical, don't you think?
  • vegetabletarian
    vegetabletarian Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey OP if you are still reading haha, just to say good luck in your quest! There are a million and 1 fad diets and techniques that claim to lose belly fat, and people will claim that this 1 super-amazing thing is the trick. In truth, location of fat loss yes is genetic, and sadly the only way to combat that is liposuction (not that I'm saying you should do this). Focus on some healthy eating, healthy living in whatever way you feel your body telling you to. Sure you might not lose the belly fat first, but you will get there if you keep pushing :) Again best of luck!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Hey OP if you are still reading haha, just to say good luck in your quest! There are a million and 1 fad diets and techniques that claim to lose belly fat, and people will claim that this 1 super-amazing thing is the trick. In truth, location of fat loss yes is genetic, and sadly the only way to combat that is liposuction (not that I'm saying you should do this). Focus on some healthy eating, healthy living in whatever way you feel your body telling you to. Sure you might not lose the belly fat first, but you will get there if you keep pushing :) Again best of luck!

I lose belly fat last and I didn't have to resort to liposuction. Having a flat/lean belly is the result of adequate lean mass and low body fat. Everyone can accomplish that, it just takes some longer than others.