Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• LadyAhiru
    LadyAhiru Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    tb1ptqnn27qx.jpg

and today we have some Soboro and Strawberries ;)
  • sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    wpmtpdjpemv2.jpg
    Today's bento (with cheese!):

Bottom: Salad with tomatoes, carrots, mushroom, CHEESE, and some spicy pickles in the cup

Top: Cherry pistachio greek yogurt, strawberries, and corned beef
  • nixology
    nixology Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    akern1987 wrote: »
    Finally got my R2Ben2o! So excited, and really enjoyed lunch today, granola in the top tier, grapes in tier 2 and roasted spagetti squash leftovers in the bottom! YUM

6ke9pggcc2s8.jpg
    4k55cyhi6p3d.jpg
    o3f7blyj4mf2.jpg
    yb3eygq8js9k.jpg

Ahhhh, so jealous!!! I am so so tempted but if I bring it to work, my colleagues will no longer think I am crazy. They will be thoroughly convinced! LOL

• PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to show that I didn't really start the whole cheese-pun thing:
    7dh2j4a76z47.jpg
  • sagj
    Options
    7dh2j4a76z47.jpg

I can havarti believe it!
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    sagj wrote: »
    7dh2j4a76z47.jpg

lol, you're such a chester.
    bcatag90z9vx.gif
  • sagj
    edited January 2016
    Options
    7dh2j4a76z47.jpg

bcatag90z9vx.gif

Watch out for that tree! Anyone else know what movie that one came from or am I the only on feeling the nostalgia? :)
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    7dh2j4a76z47.jpg

bcatag90z9vx.gif

Watch out for that tree! Anyone else know what movie that one came from or am I the only on feeling the nostalgia? :)

You are not alone, stupid, stupid movie, but it had Brendan Fraser in a loincloth, so that makes up for it :blush:
  • biattabrittani
    biattabrittani Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Love this idea! Have been wanting to try it forever!
  • nixology
    nixology Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    7dh2j4a76z47.jpg

bcatag90z9vx.gif

I love that movie. Loved the cartoons as a kid and was caught many times trying to swing from rafter to rafter via a rope, yelling, "George, George, George of the jungle ..." "For Gawd's sake, you demon spawn, get off those rafters or it would not be the tree you'll be watching out for!" ... LOL.
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Doing my prep this weekend, got some turkey meatballs on the go. I really like sushi rice so cooking some of that too. How do you guys freeze and use this? Do you just leave to defrost over night then eat or do you reheat then leave to cool and eat the next day?

• SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Doing my prep this weekend, got some turkey meatballs on the go. I really like sushi rice so cooking some of that too. How do you guys freeze and use this? Do you just leave to defrost over night then eat or do you reheat then leave to cool and eat the next day?

This website is a great resource. I don't freeze my rice in plastic wrap, I use 1 cup size gladware containers and it works fine. I pack it hot, stick it in the freezer and nuke it when I'm ready to eat it or pack it.
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    At my family reunion in Hawaii, my family knows I like Bento Boxes. They gave me a Hello Kitty Bento Box and other related stuff. Yay!!ccdp72g8m5dt.jpg
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    clh72569 wrote: »
    At my family reunion in Hawaii, my family knows I like Bento Boxes. They gave me a Hello Kitty Bento Box and other related stuff. Yay!!
    Awe, what a cute bento! Hello Kitty is adorable. ^^
  • mangrothian
    Options
    clh72569 wrote: »
    At my family reunion in Hawaii, my family knows I like Bento Boxes. They gave me a Hello Kitty Bento Box and other related stuff. Yay!!

teehee, I love the poem on the box.

SK got it right. Pack it whilst it's hot (I use snack sized ziploc baggies, because I find they microwave better), and stick it straight in the freezer.
  • mangrothian
    Options
    Monday bento (the colour on the photo is odd for some reason. No idea why)
    l7bj79ovss5z.jpg
    Bulgogi meatballs, red wine sweet and sour vinegar chicken, rice and veg. nomnomnom.
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    So I made these little egg cake thingies from this months Slimming World mag. You fry mushrooms, spring onions and ham then put in the bottom of a muffin tin, then whisk up eggs and pour over before baking. You get a little egg muffin and its about 90 calories each. I had a couple of these in my box today along with rice and brocolli and a salad. I also had a little sasha of miso soup which was really nice as it is cold here in the UK!

I was going to take a picture but I ated it :(
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I was going to take a picture but I ated it :(

We all do that ;)

And I actually DO have pictures but since my phone is being a %$#%@^, I can't share them! >< And I made bunches of bentos this weekend too :(
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Making my meal prep for the work week!30048mg6f019.jpg
  • slapo002
    slapo002 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have some cute bentos I bought a while ago but I suck at planning meals. Any tips on basics to have on hand for a good bento meal?