Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    ...aaaaand I've reached the end of the entire thread. Y'all inspired me - my Bentgo is coming Friday! I already boiled eggs and made meatballs in preparation; I'm so excited!

More minions bento-ers! More! MOAR! Fabulous!
    koahpae2clj5.jpg
  • LadyAhiru
    LadyAhiru Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I just orderd sooo much stuff at J-List. I will be broke but happy;)
  • madeleadele
    madeleadele Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Already plotting how I can squeeze the most money out of my stipend (internship) and order cute bento, er, accessories!
  • messiahs
    messiahs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bento looks seriously adorable. I've never genuinely considered making food for lunches in this style until I saw this. Props to all your cute lunches, you guys. I think this thread has converted me.
  • madeleadele
    Options
    @messiahs is that Natalie Dormer in your profile picture??? I'm obsessed with her.
  • messiahs
    messiahs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    @madeleadele Yes, it's Margarey Tyrell from Game of Thrones (No spoilers), who she plays in the television show. She's gorgeous! It's actually incredible fan art of her.
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    2lijuj4.jpg
    Meatless Meatballs (Kale and Quinoa) over spinach, grapes and Krave snacks! Not the coolest lunch but I was lazy.
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Ah, so many new bento-ers and me with a salad today.... Welcome all... :naughty:
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have been following the thread on and off, and have just ordered a bento box. ,
  • plumsparkle
    Options
    Don't know why but only half of that post went up
  • plumsparkle
    Options
    Aargh don't know what is going on with my phone tonight
  • sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Aargh don't know what is going on with my phone tonight

It has done that to me before too. I think it was from putting in an emoji when I did it; the emojis don't seem to play nice sometimes!
  • scante60
    scante60 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Okay - long time lurker here, and I've been been bento-ing with tupperware. The thread motivated me to get a "real" bento box, and here is my first effort:

un651r6ybp7x.jpg

On the left, mini turkey pepperoni and string cheese, olives, and carrots with a Laughing Cow cheese wedge. On the right, red pepper strips, mini crabcakes, and blueberries. Yay Bento!!!!
  • mangrothian
    Options
    I don't have a bento today since a friend at work is bringing in lunch for the both of us, but last night I had the best bowl of yuzu pepper tonkotsu ramen and chicken karaage, so I'll share that instead ^_^
    d8oesk5mfk33.jpg
  • madeleadele
    Options
    @mangrothian that ramen looks so amazing! I haven't had decent ramen in a while :'(
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    scante60 wrote: »
    Okay - long time lurker here, and I've been been bento-ing with tupperware. The thread motivated me to get a "real" bento box, and here is my first effort:

un651r6ybp7x.jpg

On the left, mini turkey pepperoni and string cheese, olives, and carrots with a Laughing Cow cheese wedge. On the right, red pepper strips, mini crabcakes, and blueberries. Yay Bento!!!!

Looks Awesome! Those mini crab cakes are adorable, did you make those?
  • mangrothian
    Options
    scante60 wrote: »

un651r6ybp7x.jpg

Yum! I wish we could get the different laughing cow flavours here. All I can get is regular and light cheese wedges :(

Do you have a recipe for the crab cakes?
  • mangrothian
    Options
    @mangrothian that ramen looks so amazing! I haven't had decent ramen in a while :'(

It takes a lot of bad ramen tasting to find a consistently good ramen ya. I'm extremely picky with my tonkotsu ramen though (I make it myself a couple of times a year when I have the time to make the 12hour broth); I wont go back to a place if I don't like the noodles or if they try to cover up a crappy tonkotsu stock by adding in more soy. This place has thin handmade noodles (and you can pick how hard/soft you want them cooked), a thick creamy broth, nice pork and soft marinated eggs.

Great, now I'm drooling again...
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    So jelly of the good ramen. There is a great onigiri cafe over in Boulder [Colorado, yo], suuuuuper cheap, too. I lucked out there!

[off-topic, but manga sites now have Chapter 225 up in English today. Yay!]
  • plumsparkle
    Options
    I have been reading thru the thread for hours (sick days do have their advantages) and remember someone wanting owl shaped boxes. I just saw these on ebay (I'm in the uk)

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microwaveable-Plastic-Owl-Lunch-Bento-Box-Food-Snack-Meal-Container-Storage-Case-/311384085182?nav=SEARCH