wedding dress shopping!

Options
jensauce
jensauce Posts: 150 Member
I am so excited to be going to try on wedding dresses with my mom this Sunday! A year and a half ago, I would have been dreading it. I am so grateful that I lost all that weight I didn't need. :)

Replies

• Starman02
    Starman02 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    yay! Congrats and happy shopping!
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Nice!

I love people who make **** happen. :)
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    How wonderful! TY for sharing that... brought a smile to my face. Congrats on your weight loss and best wishes on your wedding!
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I got married in august and it's sooooo good to not be self concious on your day! Have a wicked time dress shopping you'll love it!! Xx
  • jensauce
    Options
    mxchana wrote: »
    How wonderful! TY for sharing that... brought a smile to my face. Congrats on your weight loss and best wishes on your wedding!

thank you! :)
  • jensauce
    Options
    ARGriffy wrote: »
    I got married in august and it's sooooo good to not be self concious on your day! Have a wicked time dress shopping you'll love it!! Xx

Yes! Thank you! And congrats on your wedding :)
  • Adylia16
    Adylia16 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I will be you in about 8 months time! I have 65kg to lose and the thought of it is awful at the moment. Our wedding is June next year. Thank you for sharing this, gives me hope! Congrats!
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I just got married in July and it was SO much fun going dress shopping, and I wasn't even at my ideal weight yet! I ended up getting a dress in my current size and I got it altered from a 10/12 to a 4/6 (fortunately this dress was able to do that, normally I don't think you can alter that far down). I hope you have loads of fun - it was my -favorite- part of pre-wedding things!
  • sabrinasmith7
    sabrinasmith7 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    jensauce wrote: »
    I am so excited to be going to try on wedding dresses with my mom this Sunday! A year and a half ago, I would have been dreading it. I am so grateful that I lost all that weight I didn't need. :)

Can I ask where you live?? I bought my wedding dress a week ago at Kleinfelds Bridal in NY and I loved it so much and I love my dress, killer price too!
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I got married at the end of November and it was just the best feeling to buy a wedding dress that was so much smaller than I'd ever imagined it would be. Congrats on your weight loss! I hope you have a wonderful wedding day. :)
  • MrsBooBear
    MrsBooBear Posts: 12,619 Member
    Options
    I felt beautiful in my wedding dress. I was easily over 5 stone heavier than when I met my husband. My weight had ABSOLUTELY, nothing to do with how amazing I felt on my wedding day.

Your hubs sees YOU, not your dress size. May you both have many, many happy years ahead of you. Congrats! :smile:
  • jensauce
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone. I bought a dress today! It was difficult, because I liked pretty much everything I tried on! It really feels great to have a flat tummy and normal sized arms (I'm very short so my arms look chunky with pretty much any weight gain...t-rex arms :neutral: ). But it was great, even though my mom cried a lot.

And Sabrina, I live in Phoenix so we just went to a local boutique shop. :)
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone. I bought a dress today! It was difficult, because I liked pretty much everything I tried on! It really feels great to have a flat tummy and normal sized arms (I'm very short so my arms look chunky with pretty much any weight gain...t-rex arms :neutral: ). But it was great, even though my mom cried a lot.

Do we get a pic? I've had two weddings basically cause I love dresses well and the first guy was an idiot
  • jensauce
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

Do we get a pic? I've had two weddings basically cause I love dresses well and the first guy was an idiot

My mom took a photo of me in the dress, but she won't send it to me because she's convinced my fiancé will see it if she does (he won't).
  • sabrinasmith7
    sabrinasmith7 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    dmuqfdb8bohw.jpeg
    I'll be happy to show mine! I'm so excited to get it. I went back to purchase it two weeks after Christmas, (this photo) was from then.
    I have lost 5lbs since then, and can't wait to see what it will look like when I get to my goal!
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Hey, gang! I know a GREAT wedding photographer... ME!!!
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be starting my wedding dress hunt soon.

Its mad though the difference a couple of months can make! I wore a (normal) dress yesterday that I hadn't worn since the end of the summer and its way too big. I haven't lost that much weight, about 13lbs, but I have been working out so I reckon I've toned up a bit. I'm now wondering if I should postpone the dress shopping until nearer the wedding (which will either be Oct this year or March next...we will know by March).

I am so excited though about it!

Congrats to all of the brides. I'd say no matter what you will feel amazing on the day.
  • synchkat
    Options
    cmDaffy wrote: »

What a super fun job
  • synchkat
    Options

My mom took a photo of me in the dress, but she won't send it to me because she's convinced my fiancé will see it if she does (he won't).

Boooo. I don't like your mom. Haha
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    cmDaffy wrote: »

What a super fun job

It is the BEST!!!! I get to be part of a fairy tale just about every weekend!