R u losing weight w/ no exercise n stickng to net cals?

Options
2»

Replies

• Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Are my muscles fancy, Angie? :ohwell:

The fanciest!!!
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit is for weight loss.

Exercise is for health and to look good naked.

This!! If you want to like the way you look after the weight loss then do the exercise. The more you do it, the more you will want to.
  • janette41209
    janette41209 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the posts really made me think about it...I did feel really good after that 1 week i worked out for like 5 days n now its just feels like im in a waiting mode for the pounds to fall off intead of it falling off me....so thank u all....I do want to look good in clothes but better without it.. :P
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Majority of my loss has been meeting my calorie goal intake rather than exercise. When the weather is nice and grad school isn't taking up all my life, I bike/jog/walk. I'm now at a "healthy" bmi, but honestly I still have a chubby appearance because I didn't exercise more while losing. I'd suggest taking the time to exercise while losing, you'll have to do it at some point, might as well do it while you're losing, otherwise you'll still have that squishy muffin top look no matter how small your pants are.
  • janette41209
    janette41209 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    wbandel wrote: »
    Majority of my loss has been meeting my calorie goal intake rather than exercise. When the weather is nice and grad school isn't taking up all my life, I bike/jog/walk. I'm now at a "healthy" bmi, but honestly I still have a chubby appearance because I didn't exercise more while losing. I'd suggest taking the time to exercise while losing, you'll have to do it at some point, might as well do it while you're losing, otherwise you'll still have that squishy muffin top look no matter how small your pants are.

LOl Squishy muffin top.... You are right because I have lost weight and look smaller now even though I was the same weight a couple years ago without exercise then. I will def try to incorporate more workouts to my weight loss.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Considering every time I've lost weight I've been plenty happy with how I looked naked and all without any routine exercise regime being involved, I guess I'll be the lone voice dissenting the oft-repeated notion it matters.

Granted, The most I ever had to lose before was 45 lbs. This time, just about twice that. There's always the possibility the fatter one starts at, the more truth there is to needing exercise to "look good naked" by the end.

I'll let you know when I hit 150 as I don't plan on adding exercise beyond I've always done this time, either. Which is to say, not much. Some middle-distance (i.e., 2-8 miles) hiking in the summer/fall, occasionally jogging/walking with a running group that welcomes all speeds, snowshoeing a couple times a year, spelunking a couple times a year.
  • RSavage83
    RSavage83 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had/have a considerable amount of weight to lose. I'm 5'7" and started at 280. I'm under 230 now. I lost the 50+ lbs in a year (though technically in about 6 months, but spread out over two different periods of actual calorie counting). I lost it pretty much through just dieting. I wanted to get down to a lighter weight before I threw in more exercise... sadly, my knees and back were often sore from all the extra weight and I found just brisk walking really hard. My first goal is to get to about 200-210... then I'm planning to add 2-4 days of exercise... I have an elliptical and an ab roller and weights... I'll start off slowly since I have a tendency to overdo and burn out. I realized I need to firm up as I lose... I've got a lot more weight to lose... I'm not even halfway to my goal... but I don't want to be thin(ner) and still not healthy.
  • guslandrum
    guslandrum Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I lost 65 lbs last year with most of it being in about 6-7 months. Mostly counting calories. The last 15 lbs were harder and slower to come off and was done with massive amounts of cardio. After reaching my goal weight, I cut back on the cardio and started hitting the weights. With weight loss and cardio, I liked looking at the scale. With gym and weight lifting I like looking in the mirror.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Considering every time I've lost weight I've been plenty happy with how I looked naked and all without any routine exercise regime being involved, I guess I'll be the lone voice dissenting the oft-repeated notion it matters.

Granted, The most I ever had to lose before was 45 lbs. This time, just about twice that. There's always the possibility the fatter one starts at, the more truth there is to needing exercise to "look good naked" by the end.

I'll let you know when I hit 150 as I don't plan on adding exercise beyond I've always done this time, either. Which is to say, not much. Some middle-distance (i.e., 2-8 miles) hiking in the summer/fall, occasionally jogging/walking with a running group that welcomes all speeds, snowshoeing a couple times a year, spelunking a couple times a year.

I'm wiped from my 3 mile hike today and don't see how you can get up to 8 miles without doing shorter ones fairly regularly. Ditto with snow shoeing - that's HARD! Your non-exercise regimen sounds fairly rigorous.

Or were you being funny and I missed it?
  • dalielahdawn
    dalielahdawn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    38 pounds down. No exercise.