Fit, Fabulous, and Pregnant-June 2011

Options

Replies

• heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Autumn I'm not a good one to talk to because the first Trimester I was taking Progesterone because I had 2 prior miscarriages and it made my weight balloon up quickly. I gained 10lbs in the first 10 weeks! YIKES! I was banging my head up against the wall wondering what I was doing wrong because I was eating great and still exercising 6 days a week until my doc told me that the med made me gain the weight (what a relief)! I say if you are eating healthy and being active, most of the time the weight gained in the first trimester is bloat and goes back down. Oh and I'm almost positive I gained 5lbs alone in my breasts! lol!

Ashley 1lb at 8wks is awesome! Keep up the great work. And let us know how your appt goes! :)

Andrea oh how I wish I have only gained 5lbs! lol! You are doing awesome! I can't believe you are doing a triathalon on Saturday! That is awesome! I'd rock the bike part of it, as for the running and the swimming...not so much! lol!

Amy you look absolutely PHENOMENAL! You are alllll belly! I only wish that were the case for me! My butt/hips/thighs have grown and I've got this ugly pocket of fat/flab/cellulite on my inner thighs...But seeing that you gained 54lbs during baby #1, you are a true testament that hard work and dedication can result in an amazing body post baby! You are my idol! lol :)

Holly you are doing awesome! Keep up the awesome work! I don't think I will start seeing the doc every 2 weeks until the last 8wks then the last 4 wks I go every week (I believe).

Danielle I think I would go stir crazy if I couldn't workout! But I guess you gotta do whatcha gotta do to keep that baby in there! And 10lbs at 21 wks is right on. So I wouldn't worry about that. :)

Nichole you are doing fantastic as well! I don't blame you about wanting to workout early in the day. By 2pm I'm pretty much out of extra energy to workout. A good hike sounds awesome right now! It has been in the 90s and really humid. Conducive to staying indoors for sure. Hope you make your goals this week!

chels0 welcome! How come the doc put you on light duty if you don't mind me asking? Jump right in!

Well I am absolutely exhausted! I managed to mow the lawn and clean my Tahoe inside and out and it took all day and now my body aches! I took off my heart rate monitor after 2 hours of mowing/yard work and vacuuming out the tahoe when I had burned 1200 calories! So I know I burned tons more cause I worked on the truck for another couple of hours. I am dreaming of a prenatal massage now! What I wouldn't give!

Are you ladies having professional maternity pics done? I'm not one for the half naked/sultry looking maternity pics (nothing against people who do that, just not for me)...but if my belly doesn't look like I got in a fight with a cougar, I'd like some framed belly shot pics for the nursery. I don't know...
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    So here is my latest and greatest pregnancy issue- charlie horses! I wake up in the middle of the night and if i stretch all hell breaks loose! I was literally screaming out in pain the other night, and now 2 days later my calf still hurts- i was supposed to run today but that is def not going to happen. Apparently this is pretty normal, but I was hoping there were ways to prevent it.
    Also at my midwife appt yesterday I was informed on my blood test I tested positive for Group B Streptococcus- which means now i have to have an antibiotic drip a few times during labour. This news sucks, as I didn't want any sort of ivy or meds. My midwife said its not that bad, we can leave it in for 20 min than remove it so i am not attached to anything. She did another pee test so next time we'll see if i test positive again, hoping to not so I can avoid these drugs.
  • princesspurple
    Options
    I had to take a day off of working out yesterday-i had pelvic/pubic pain so bad! Everything is fine, I went to the doctor and the heartbeat was great and she is measuring perfect:)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    So here is my latest and greatest pregnancy issue- charlie horses! I wake up in the middle of the night and if i stretch all hell breaks loose! I was literally screaming out in pain the other night, and now 2 days later my calf still hurts- i was supposed to run today but that is def not going to happen. Apparently this is pretty normal, but I was hoping there were ways to prevent it.

I'm not getting charlie horses, but feel that I can not move and stretch how I did before. If I flip myself over quickly in bed, I feel like I temporarily pull my abdominal and oblique muscles. I guess it is all the ligaments stretching getting ready to get bigger. I stopped my yoga practice at the recmonedation of my instructor, but hope to start a genlter class back 2nd trimester, about 6 more weeks. I couldn't imagine how I'd feel if I did regular yoga now. How many 1st trimester ladies are doing any kind of yoga?

Soooo.....maybe TMI but are any of you having issues with constipation? I have always had issues with this but think it's getting worse. I was taking Citrucel sugar free 1-2 times daily and then realized that artificial sweetner everyday is no good, so have been using the sugar full kind, but it has SO much sugar. Metamucil does bad things to me so can't do the tabs. I am thinking about trying stool softeners again a couple times a day. In the meantime, I feel like a bloated piece of crap. :sad: Any recomendations? Other than that I'm feeling good. My workouts have been scarce this week as I have been working late and my husband has bronghitus and a sinus infection. Hope to do some strength tomorrow and myabe a short run Saturday. I did 2.25 miles on the treadmill last week and that was about all I had in me. I usually aim for 2-3 miles for standard runs with some 4-6 milers inermittently, but was doing more distance early in the year to get ready for series of races in March - 5k, 10k, 10 miler.

Hope everyone is having a good week! It's almost the weekend! Woohoo!!
  • otm25
    otm25 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    First of all, thanks everyone for your imput, I feel way better about this weight gain, and am sincerely hoping it's bloating. It wouldn't surprise me because I have been really gassy and crampy lately. I have really been monitoring my calories, sodium, carbs and fiber, so hopefully I can stay on top of this. I so want to be "all belly" too! I have never been one of those cute skinny pregos!

Andrea, I am so amazed by your active lifestyle, what an inspiration you are. You look amazing and are really going to be glad to be so in shape when you deliver! I am so sorry to hear about your strep test. I hope that your urine test goes well. Although I have to say, that goodness for modren medicine, it is way better to know and take the precautions than to leave it to chance. I will be thinking of you.

Holly, I am so jealous that you are getting to go to the doc every 2 weeks. There is no better sound than the sound of your baby's heart! ANd I am with you on the breasts. I started out at a D, really don't want to venture into the DDs again!

Danielle, Congrats on your healthy weight gain, 10 lbs is right on schedule, especially to stay this healthy with twins!!! Pregnancy is a whole new world when it is all about you taking care of the older siblings instead of just focusing on yourself and growing a baby (or two!).

Nichole, The carbs are my nemesis aas well. During my weight loss journey I had no problem avoiding them, now all I can think about is mexican food! Good luck with your healthy eating goal, I am right there with you.

Heather, Congrats on sharing your baby kick, what a special moment. As you get further along, there will be a time when you can see the baby moving inside of you, it is so cool. You have no need to worry, when my hubby and I used to spoon in my 3rd trimester during each pregnancy, the kids would keep him awake by kicking him in the back! Also, what a great day to get that much cardio by cleaning! My inlaws are on their way into town, so I will be following your lead. Hoping for a great burn too!

Nicole, sorry to hear about the pubic pain, I remember how painful that can be. Hope you get plenty of opportunity to lay low!

Over here I am a hormonal mess. We have our friend staying with us from Germany for two weeks, my daughter has a big ballet performance tomorrow, my inlaws are on their way into town for the weekend, it's my dad's birthday today, my husband's birthday tomorrow, Father's day brunch at my house on Sunday, rehearsals every day and very little time for my to relax. In addition to all of that, our German friend is a super inconsiderate house guest who is ungrateful for everything and disappears when the bill come for food when we are dining out. And my inlaws are super critical and nothing is good enough for them. They talk bad about us to the entire family. I have been crying just about every day. I know that I am super sensitive, but I am ready to swear off house guests indefinitely!

In addition to all of that, my husband is pressuring me to tell the family about our pregnancy this weekend. My friend recently had a false pregnancy so I was really wanting to wait until we had gone to the first appintment/ultrasound before letting everyone know, especially because I am not ready to tell the kids yet. It just seems silly to me to wait this long, and then tell everyone 1 week early. Especially because if my MIL knows, everyone knows. Yuck!

Just hoping to focus on cleaning the house today, getting in a workout video then shuttling off to my daughter's rehearsal. Needing serenity now. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • blessdmomof4
    blessdmomof4 Posts: 125
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I haven't been around in awhile due to tornadoes smashing my home town :sad: but I'm popping in to say that we found out today ITS A GIRL!!!!!!!! So excited. I will be back to read up on everyone and do one of those bio things.

Heather, did you find out yet? I know we're close in dates.

Melissa
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Just your friendly stalker :) I'l be joining this group, if all the stars align in August/September!!!
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    Andrea I've got a good friend (who is also very athletic and a runner) who had wicked charlie horses in the middle of the night as well. Nothing you can really do about it as far as I know unfortunately. Also, strep is normal for women to carry off and on and it is quite possible that prior to delivery you could not be carrying it at that time. My doctor typically tests for it closer to delivery (around 35wks or so). I am also planning a drug free delivery, but I'd rather my baby be safe from the strep and get the antibiotic then to not.

Nicole I've yet to feel the pelvic pain (which I believe is the widening of the pubic bone to prepare for birth) but I hear it doesn't feel good. Hope you are feeling better.

Ashley I totally feel ya on the flipping in bed and getting pain! I have the same problem! One night it even woke me up out of a deep sleep moaning cause it hurt so bad. I'm thinking it a round ligament pain cause I only feel it on one side usually. I do prenatal yoga a few times a week. The Element Prenatal yoga dvd is pretty good. I wouldn't recommend the Crunch yoga mama dvd though....pretty cheesy and way too easy. And as far as the constipation goes, I've actually got the opposite problem. I have always been a pretty regular person anyways but since I've become pregnant I definitely am not having any problems in that department! I'd ask your doctor about taking something for it like milk of magnesia or something similar. Also, make sure you are drinking lots and lots of water. I drink on average 90oz or more a day. I also drink half a cup of hot cranberry pomegranate green tea in the mornings (which usually makes me go). Hope your hubby feels better soon! :)

Autumn sounds like a pretty stressful situation. I'd say that you should just set yourself with knowing that your inlaws will be inconsiderate and critical and your friend will be rude, that way when it happens you can just roll with it and try to not let it bother you. If you expect it, then it should make it a little easier to bare. I'm sorry you have to go through this though. And I'd not announce it until you are ready. I hope your weekend goes better than you expect and you get through it all without any major pitfalls.

Melissa congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you! Did you have a feeling about what the baby was? What are you thinking about naming her? Where are you speaking of with the tornado? The entire state of Missouri is feeling the sadness from the devastating tornado that hit Joplin. I know there have been lots of tornado's around the US though. Hope all of your loved ones were okay. I find out the sex of the baby on Monday...and I'm pretty excited!

Oh Pam I can't wait until you join us! :) Hope all is well with you!

I managed to get in 30 minutes of cardio and an hour of strength training but then I cleaned out the car for about an hour so I'm sure that managed to burn a couple more calories since I was sweating bullets by the time I was done! I didn't count that in my calorie burn today though. I'm trying to get everything ready for when my husband comes home on Saturday so he can just relax for the week he is home before he has to go back to work and won't have a bunch of house work to do. That is the least I can do since he has been gone for so long. I know he is going to find something to do...but I want it to be as minimal as possible so we can just spend time together.

The baby is kicking more and more every day. I can't wait to find out who this person exactly is that likes to use my bladder as a trampoline! :) Hope you are all having a great day!
  • ButterflyKristen
    ButterflyKristen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hey there ladies! I would like to join this thread and make some friends with similar goals. I've been on MFP for awhile and was shedding some fat when I found out I was pregnant! My husband and I had been trying to concieve for 2 years (really, really trying for 1 year). We are 40 years old and had pretty much accepted it was not going to happen. We have one boy who is 2.5 - joy of our lives! I was even mulling birth control options when this happend. We are very pleased. I am 9 weeks along. I am between 20-30 pounds overweight, but have not gained any weight during this first trimester (which is my goal). I plan to gain only 20 to 25 pounds over the course of this pregnancy. I think that is doable since my first pregnancy I gained only 30 and I was not trying to watch my calorie intake, but we will see what my doc says.

I too want to be sure to have a fit pregnancy. I was just finishing P90X when I found out I was pregnant 1 month ago. I plan to start it again this Monday, albeit with lighter weight and intensity. I will soon also begin prenatal yoga, which I did during last pregnancy - I loved it! I look forward to sharing goals and ideas on keeping healthy during our pregnancies.

Wish me luck: tomorrow I do my sprint triathlon (I signed up for this before I got pregnant - funny, I got prego last time soon after registering for a half marathon). I'm not trying to win the race, just to have fun participating and the satasfaction of knowing I accomplished it!

Thanks for reading.
    ~ Kristen
  • dmcohee
    dmcohee Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Leg cramps and constipation are 2 things I know too well.

To prevent leg cramps: Bananas to prevent (potassium I think), and lots of water

To prevent constipation: lots of fiber. Fiber one bars aren't bad, raisin bran, spinach (which also helps with extra calcium), apples, prune juice (if you can stomach it). Nature's Own white bread has lot calcium protein and fiber as well. Or you can just take a fiber supplement. For my last pregnancy my doctor gave me a prenatal that had a softener in it.

Autumn, I'm sorry to hear about your family issues. There use to be drama in my family so now my husband and I kind of keep to ourselves when it comes to family. Sure we spend lots of time with them, but we don't really share much of our business with them and in turn we try not to be involved in theirs. I do my best to ignore thier opinions if I don't like them. All you can do is worry about you and your immediate family. As long as you're doing what's right for you screw what anyone else thinks :wink: That's just my opinion though.

Heather, have a great weekend with your husband. I can't imagine how excited you must be to have him home!
  • nkster781
    nkster781 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday all!
    I am so happy we are finally back to the weekend. Just need to “work” one more hour.

chels0: That stinks about your gym restriction. Maybe find a friend to go walking with you so you can at least get something in. Good luck and congratulations on your 3rd:0)

Heather: I hope you have a wonderful weekend with the hubby. You are such a good wife cleaning the house and making sure everything will be done for when he gets home. I bet he will appreciate it. – I don’t think I am going to have professional pics done. If I do anything I may have my sister-n-law do photos. She does wedding photos on the side and also did our photos for our wedding. Problem is that she lives all the way in Buffalo which is about 11 hours from us. So we will see. Your comment “if my belly doesn't look like I got in a fight with a cougar” cracked me up.

Andrea: I hate Charlie Horses! I used to get them in college when I drank a lot and didn’t have water before bed. -- I hope your Group B Streptococcus test is negative next time so you don’t have to go on antibiotics.

Nicole: I hope you are feeling better!

Ashley: I have not been doing any Yoga although I would like to take a prenatal yoga class soon. – As far as constipation you can (like other have said) have your doc prescribe a prenatal with a stool softener. Drinking lots of water helps too. I had some problems in my 1st trimester too. Problem was all the carbs my body wanted. Now that I’m eating more fruits and veggies again things are back to normal. Good luck, I hate that bloated feeling too.

Autumn: I love Mexican food! But always have:0) – I hate pain in the butt house guests! I especially hate mooching cheapo house guests. I don’t know how people can be so rude. I’m so sorry and I hope you can find some time for yourself. And you should announce the pregnancy when you are ready.

Melissa: Oh my goodness! I hope everyone you know is ok. Neighbors that were really good friends of ours when I was a kid live in Joplin. It took us a week to get a hold of them but thank goodness everyone is ok. They just have some damage to their houses but considering they are very lucky. – Congratulations on the GIRL! So exciting!

Pam: I hope you get to join soon:0)

Kristen: Welcome! I am so excited for you and your hubby. Good luck at your sprint triathlon!

AFM: I went to my favorite Zumba teacher’s class last night. He used to teach at my gym but then there was all this inside drama and to make a long story short he got fired. I was so bummed. Yesterday my friend from the gym asked if I wanted to go to one of his classes and I was super excited. It only costs $5 a class and it was so worth it! I forgot how much I missed his classes. I felt great. I told him that my baby was going to come out dancing and he was super excited and wants me to tell him what I am having as soon as I find out. My friend and I plan to try to go every Thursday. – Tomorrow I plan to do Aqua Zumba and then Sunday we are going on a hike with our dog and our friends. I’m looking forward to getting out of town and get into the mountains for some fresh air. We are bring lunch in a cooler. Anyone have ideas for what I should bring? Lunch meat is out since I can’t steam it.

Wow, sorry this was so long. I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!!

Nichole
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    Nichole your workouts sound awesome! My favorite instructor moved to Washington state so now I am really SOL when it comes to group exercise classes.... I've been eating lunch meat as well as all my preggo friends do...but that is just me. I think some of the restrictions for pregnant women were put in place before strict standards were made with our food quality. But if you choose not to eat lunch meat, I totally understand. You can always do PB&J's, some fruit and veggies cut up with some dip, some cheese and crackers, maybe some hummus, lots of water (of course)...oh yum, now I wanna go on a hike with you! lol! Have lots of fun and let us know how it went!

Kristen welcome to the group! Anyone that does a triathalon while pregnant is always awesome and welcome in my book! lol! Good luck and have fun!

Well I've got most of the stuff done that I needed to accomplish before Al gets home tomorrow. I still need to make the bed and clean the floors. I went and worked out with my friend who just had her baby a couple weeks ago. It took us 2 hours to do the 1 hour P90X Kenpo video cause the baby decided not to cooperate. lol! Oh well, a preview of things to come. It took us longer, but we accomplished it, that is all that matters. I can't believe in 3 days I will find out who this baby is and in 4 days I will be halfway through my pregnancy! It all goes by so quickly. The baby is kicking harder and more every single day. Lets me know she/he is getting stronger and bigger.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and make healthy choices!
  • rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Just found out about a week ago that I'm pregnant and I'd love to join your group. I'm a little more than 5 weeks by my calculations (I have my first appointment in mid-July). I'm basically at least a bit nauseous all the time, but it isn't bothering me too bad. Today was the first day I wound up eating crackers and sipping ginger ale.

I have my calories set to maintenance and I'm allowing myself an additional 100 calories above that. I have not been doing so hot since I am not just perpetually nauseous but also hungry (the strangest feeling ever). The bottom line is that I've gained 6 lbs since I've been pregnant (counting back 5 weeks) and since I've read you are only supposed to gain 4 in the first trimester I am a little less than thrilled.

On the flip side I'm either walking 45 min-1 hour or doing yard work 1-2 hours a day to get exercise and keeping up with that well. I had just started Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 again, but I put that on the back burner. Looking forward to getting a mild strength training routine down and possibly some yoga.

Nice to meet you all!
    Rachel
  • smelmel
    smelmel Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lindseyjones1717
    Lindseyjones1717 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • smilegirl
    smilegirl Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies. Lots of posts since my last check! I pray everyone is doing well.

Danielle - sorry to hear about the limited workouts. Is this permanent through the remainder of your pregnancy? It makes the healthy nutrition choices all that more important!

Chels0 - welcome! This is a great, supportive group of ladies.

Heather - Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! I am pretty sure Al should be home by the time this posts. I am VERY excited and happy for you. Enjoy :-) I believe you have an ultrasound this coming week too - boy, girl?? You will know so soon. I have to say, I feel really good about our choice to not find out. People think I am very strange!! I have to admit....I think it's a boy....we'll know in about 11 more weeks. Holy cow, it's coming quickly now! I too have thought about maternity pictures. I have a photographer girlfriend that does amazing pregnancy pictures, but she moved back to New York about a year ago. She'd be happy to hook me up with someone she knows, but I feel like it's such a personal thing that I don't know if I want a stranger doing them. Still deciding. My baby bump appears to still be small, no one believes me when I tell them how far along I am, but my doctor says I am measuring normal and we are right on track. Hmmm....your favorite zumba instructor didn't happen to come to the Seattle area did they??

Andrea - I too have been suffering from very severe leg cramps. Always at night. I wish I had a solution for you. I eat lots of fruit, including a banana every day (I think you are a big fruit gal too) and drink at least 100 oz of water daily. Neither of these seem to make a difference in eliminating the cramps. If you figure something out that helps, please let me know. By the way, love your "running for two" tank! I know it sucks about the Strep B - my doctor doesn't test until week 36 and as much as I'd love to avoid antibiotics, if it ends up being necessary I'll do it for the health of my bambino.

Ashley - I have been doing a prenatal yoga class since the end of my 1st trimester. I am lucky to have an amazing instructor! Hopefully you can get back to it soon.

Autumn - Oh dear! You have lots of emotional junk going on right now. Family and friend guests can be some of the worst. Sorry to hear you have both to deal with right now. As for being pressured to tell about your pregnancy - tell your husband to back off!! You should share the news when you feel comfortable. As for my doctor appointments every two weeks - it's standard from week 28-36 in my ob office. Personally, it just makes it more of a pain to find the time to schedule around my full days of seeing patients! I try really hard to not have to move my patients around, but had to for one of my appointments. I do agree though...I love hearing that heartbeat.

Melissa - Glad to hear from you - hope all your friends, family and loved ones are safe from the tornado activity. It's a girl - whoo hoo!

Kristen - Welcome! yeah, someone closer to my age! I'm 37, I'll turn 38 before this bambino arrives and it was about three years of trying to conceive for us. This is our first so my husband and I are thrilled. Good luck with your trialthon.

Nichole - I too have avoided lunch meats. I often grill some chicken breasts which I slice and use instead. Very yummy with a slice or two of avocado spread across the bread. I also use hummus and veggies as sandwich toppers. Hope you have a great hike on Sunday. You seem to being doing great at keeping up with your activities.

Rachel - Welcome to you too! The weight gain can be challenging first trimester. I know for lots of us much of it comes and goes as bloat weight. For calorie goals I stuck at maintenance for the first trimester and then added 200 calories when I moved into the 2nd. I haven't changed anything for the third trimester so far, haven't really felt anymore hungry, but will add another 100 if necessary. I just about always eat back all my exercise calories.

Gosh, I've written a small book here. My bambino has been kicking away as I sit and type this. A feeling that just hasn't gotten old, I love it! We had a gorgeous day yesterday and today it is raining and ugly again. I really wish our weather would improve. My heat is still kicking on in mid- June, crazy. I've been working on my bread baking skills since returning from Italy - hope to have a yummy loaf for tomorrow. :-) Well I am off to walk my furry daughters in the cold. Have a great rest of the weekend and wishing all your husbands a Happy Father's Day tomorrow.

Holly
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Wow what a weekend. Yesterday I have my mini triathlon, where I actually took off 5 min from my last years time ! While I was doing it and thinking "this is sooo hard" I kept reminding myself that if I can make it through this I can make it through labour naturally lol. I ended up getting 4th place in the womens and 8th overall. Even though my time was better than last year and I didnt' cramp up for the run, I did find it very hard and I don't think I will be doing the one I wanted to do in August. I may be doing a relay one where I just bike, so that will be lots of fun, and I don't have to worry about overworking it. Today my pelvis is quite sore. Last night after the race we went to a friends party till 2am, so I didn't get to bed till 2:30, and of course I wake up at 6:30 still lol ! Its nice to hear all my friends say I am still as crazy sober as I am drunk and that I am still lots of fun to be around. It can be annoying at the end of the night when I get tired and want to leave and become a taxi for many :)
    Anyway, we had a cake made to reveal the gender of our baby for fathers day today. So on the outside its white with blue and pink questions marks on it, and inside its baked pink (we found out we are having a girl!) . We are going to have our dads cut the cake in front of everyone to reveal the big secret!
    Anyhoo I will put some pics up the race and the cake on my blog if anyone wants to see them!
    This week I plan on resting up and then back to the grind!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    bump
  • minnesotamama
    minnesotamama Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Just found out last week that I'm expecting again! I'd love to join this group and get some ideas on what others are doing to stay in shape while pregnant. I've always been able to stay within 25-30 lbs weight gain with my other pregnancies (this'll be baby #5 for us!) but I've never mainainted a good workout during the pregnancy besides just walking. I'd love to stay toned this time around, however. I'm just finishing up Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and am thinking of keep it up and doing modifications when the time comes. Any thoughts or experience with this?
  • ButterflyKristen
    ButterflyKristen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Wow what a weekend. Yesterday I have my mini triathlon, where I actually took off 5 min from my last years time ! While I was doing it and thinking "this is sooo hard" I kept reminding myself that if I can make it through this I can make it through labour naturally lol. I ended up getting 4th place in the womens and 8th overall. Even though my time was better than last year and I didnt' cramp up for the run, I did find it very hard and I don't think I will be doing the one I wanted to do in August. I may be doing a relay one where I just bike, so that will be lots of fun, and I don't have to worry about overworking it. Today my pelvis is quite sore. Last night after the race we went to a friends party till 2am, so I didn't get to bed till 2:30, and of course I wake up at 6:30 still lol ! Its nice to hear all my friends say I am still as crazy sober as I am drunk and that I am still lots of fun to be around. It can be annoying at the end of the night when I get tired and want to leave and become a taxi for many :)
    Anyway, we had a cake made to reveal the gender of our baby for fathers day today. So on the outside its white with blue and pink questions marks on it, and inside its baked pink (we found out we are having a girl!) . We are going to have our dads cut the cake in front of everyone to reveal the big secret!
    Anyhoo I will put some pics up the race and the cake on my blog if anyone wants to see them!
    This week I plan on resting up and then back to the grind!

Hey, I did a Sprint tri on Saturday too! It was my first. I'm in my 9th week of pregnancy and boy-oh-boy was I TIRED after it was all over!!! I was a couch potato the rest of the day. I think it's the first trimester thing. I was going to do the sprint triathlons in July and August, but I don't know. I may have over-done it. I'll keep training and just do a same-day registration if I feel up for it. I am also supposed to do a 1.8 mile swim in August, but I am thinking of bagging it as swimming is not my strong suit.

Good job on beating your time!