20 Pounds by Easter 2016!

Options

Replies

• linhutch5
    linhutch5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love to join as well! We just began last week on a healthier you bit so will work extra hard to keep up. I would love to share recipes of healthier meals that I can make for my family without the kids complaining about blandness also. So excited for this journey together!

Height: 5'3
    SW: 186.6 (1/11/16)
    CW: 183.3
    Goal by Easter: 163.3
    Overall Goal: 150
  • loribethreed
    loribethreed Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm down!
    I want to do 15 lbs by Easter though.
    I am pretty close to my goal weight now! But I'm super ready.
    SW 206.4
    CW 167.6
    GW 150

I am 5'11 and curvy, I don't want to lose my body shape but I would like to be healthier and slimmer again.
  • jtophinke
    jtophinke Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Week one
    Sw 184.4
    Cw 182.8
    Gw 150
  • trykline
    trykline Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am looking to lose the baby weight from our third little one! It seemed so easy with the first two, but struggling this time. I have discovered my thyroid wasn't functioning properly, so I am on a supplement and finally am seeing some weight loss! We can do this!!

SW - 202
    CW - 196.8
    GE Easter - 182
    GW Ultimate - 135

• krb308
    krb308 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm noticing a lot of positive weight lose updates ...but what is everybody eating..are you exercising too. Need more input because I'm struggling on the weekends. I do good during the week, but crash on Saturday and Sunday. And not to mention I really need to start moving more.
  • krb308
    krb308 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Have anybody tried smoothies to lose a few pounds?????
  • RebekahRN83
    RebekahRN83 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    krb308 wrote: »
    I'm noticing a lot of positive weight lose updates ...but what is everybody eating..are you exercising too. Need more input because I'm struggling on the weekends. I do good during the week, but crash on Saturday and Sunday. And not to mention I really need to start moving more.

@krb308 Activity level: I have a desk job and typically sit for 8 hours a day during the week, BUT....I recently got a stand up desk so I'm atleast standing most of the day now, even if no steps are involved. Looking at my FitBit it looks like I average about 6,000 steps a day. I don't go home and do any extra exercise, just make dinner, load dishwasher, etc. In the past I would add in vigorous exercising soon after starting a "diet" and then would get discouraged that I wasn't loosing 15 pounds a week (because I felt like I was putting forth SO MUCH effort). This time my plan is to get my eating under control and loose a little weight, then start walking on the treadmill while watching TV, and by the time it's warm out again (around June) I'm hoping to be jogging a couple times a week. This is how I need to do it to keep my brain happy and not jump off this train again.

Food: I do end my day with a shake (Vanilla Greek yogurt frozen in ice cube trays. I then blend the Greek yogurt, Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, half of a banana, and powdered peanut butter until you can drink it through a straw. I HAVE TO have peanut butter to stay on track and not binge, so this shake does the trick). That's the only "smoothie" I have really been eating. I also make pudding by mixing sugar free pudding (chocolate, lemon and banana are the best...but not all mixed together :smile: ) with 1 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk and 1/2 cup (or a little more) Vanilla Greek Yogurt. If you don't add the yogurt then it's really soupy/liquid.
    Typical day looks like:
    Breakfast: Quest Protein bar (makes me WANT to drink my 4 glasses of plain water, has quite a bit of fiber, and the Double Chocolate Chunk is pretty good)
    Lunch: can of chicken or piece of grilled salmon with a couple servings of veggies and a serving of Skinny Pop Popcorn
    Snack: 2 servings of pudding as described above and fruit (from the water)
    Dinner: Peanut butter/banana smoothie (as explained above)
    I always add one other thing to eat based on what I want (i.e. sliced fresh apples for a morning snack).

Fluids: I drink 4 glasses of plain water, 4 glasses of water with some fruit in it (1/2 cup mangos or 1/4 cup blueberries is what I usually do, and then eat the fruit when I'm done with the water and log the fruit), and recently I started also drinking 2 glasses of hot water with a bag of green tea. I do occasionally have black coffee or diet cherry pepsi.

Just an idea of what I do. I've lost 3 pounds each the last couple weeks, but keep in mind I'm also over 270 pounds

Good luck!
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @RebekahR83 wow that's amazing! you sound dedicated. best wishes.
  • annied000
    annied000 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm in too, but starting late.

Height:5'2
    SW:154.4
    CW:148.5
    GW Easter: 134.4
    GW overall: 120

Feel free to add me anyone looking for support!
  • Janetwoods
    Janetwoods Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there! For me, making sure I'm walking most days helps. I also weigh on Sunday mornings which keeps me in check on Saturdays.
  • SBHWeav
    SBHWeav Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Starting late but I'm in!

SW: 239
    GW by Easter: 219
    Overall GW: 160
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    SW: 203
    CW: 193.5
    GW Easter- 175
    20 pounds seems like a lot! But I will try my best and I hope I'll do well!!! Feel free to add me friends!
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options

I joined the January Walking Challenge on here and walk daily on my treadmill now. I've done somewhere between 2-4 miles every day so far this month. So far that's the only exercise I do, but I'm going to look into adding strength training a few days a week. I'm a SAHM, and most days I do get in over 10k steps on my FitBit.

As far as diet, I'm staying under my calorie limit, not eating back all of the workout (walking) calories because it's probably overestimated anyway, and limiting carbs.

For struggling on the weekends, I would suggest making a plan and sticking to it. I have found that planning out my meals is really helping not only when I go grocery shopping but also when I'm getting ready to fix something. I know ahead of time. Mind you, I've only been doing these things for the past 2.5 weeks, but I'm happy with the progress so far, and hoping this motivation sticks around for a long while!
  • SJBanks89
    SJBanks89 Posts: 92 Member
    Options

I have a sit down office job.
    I find it easier to eat properly at the weekdays then weekends too.
    I have not stopped eating my favorite things, all I have done is cut down on portion sizes and add vegetables.
    I always eat when I am hungry but not sugary or fried snacks. I also make sure to drink more water and also have no sugar in my tea. I normally would have two sugars but after a couple of no sugar tea you do not need sugar any more.
    The only exercise that I do is the 30 mins shred. I do it every other day. One day a week I walk my mums dog with her. I also clean my house top to bottom once a week which I include in my work out.
  • djeah
    djeah Posts: 9 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Update

SW: 153
    CW: 150.6
    GW for challenge: 135
    Ultimate GW: 127

Planning what to eat and when, even on the weekends, helps keep me on track.

I have also made exercising, at least 30 minutes a day, a priority.
    Sunday morning I got up at 5:45 and went to the gym to work out. Got home before my kids woke up.
  • sassynsweet2014
    sassynsweet2014 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I haven't been the best at checking in, so that is my goal this week, checking into the challenges I'm in and absorbing all your inspiration! My main goal for this challenge is to lose 15lbs by March 27th.

Height 5'6"
    SW: 224.2 lbs
    GW: 193.6 lbs

01/03 - 208.6 lbs
    01/18 - 205.9 lbs (-2.7 lbs)

12.3 lbs to meet my goal
  • poington
    poington Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    2# loss this week despite being sick and sitting around. feels good to be going down and not up. goal this week is to continue getting over this cold/cough and watch what goes in! Will try to increase steps but moderate to fast walking and exercise gets the cough going.
    Keep up the good work everyone, don't lose faith that you can do this.
  • viciouslitany
    viciouslitany Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Kade! I'm starting late as well and have no expectations of 20, but I'm sure as hell gonna try.

For the scope of the challenge:
    SW: 233.2
    CW: 233.2
    GW: 215
  • tabbieraej
    tabbieraej Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join yall! I am a mom of 2, a 2 year old and a 4 month old, and I'm just now able to add exercising to my daily routine (most days) this will help me stay motivated!

SW: 182.6
    CW: 177.6
    GW Easter: 157
    GW: 115
  • Kelly_Marie34
    Kelly_Marie34 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm new here.. 34 years old, mom of 4.
    20 lbs by Easter might be cutting it close, there's about 10 weeks to go... but I'll give it all I have.. Started eating clean 2 days ago, cardio and incorporating weights next week.

Height: 5'3
    SW 155.3
    Goal 115

Good luck to all!