50 pounds to lose

Options
2»

Replies

• thistimeforsure2016
    Options
    Wow congrats to you and your husband for your losses:) that must have took a lot of patience.
  • thistimeforsure2016
    Options
    MeganD_96 wrote: »
    Hello, I started at 211.6 on October 29th and I'm now down to 200.2. I have my goal set to lose 1lb a week and eat roughly 1,510 a day. You're more than welcome to add me.

• thistimeforsure2016
    Options
    Sure will add you. I would love the motivation. Congrats on your weight loss.
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently 210. My advice is to plan plan and plan some more. I've been using the Fit Men Cook, Kalyn's Kitchen, and Skinnytaste websites and Pinterest for meal prep and that's the only way I'm not tempted to go out for food. Look at other people's diaries for ideas. The cleaner you eat, the better you'll feel. It does get easier, you just have to begin. Don't beat yourself up if you slip up, just keep going and don't use it as an excuse to eat bad the rest of the day. And it's true; you only have to say no to something once if you don't buy it at the store. Keep healthy snacks in the house. Set mini goals. Just start. It will get easier. You can do it! Feel free to add me :)
  • cme4bb
    cme4bb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    We have similar goals and bodies. Thank you for all the good advice. Congrats on your huge weight loss. My biggest problem is that I love to eat at night. I work late at night and I snack endlessly. I have no self control. But if I stick to a rule like yours where I am stict about it I see that that can work. Like no eating after 7pm. That's when I do most of my binging. I legitimately feel hungry at that time though so do you think that will go away after a while?

After I while my late night hunger went away. But I will use Jolly Ranchers when I have cravings. You might also try some watermelon, which is mostly water. It's pretty filling and I know a lot of people use it pre-meals to prevent themselves from over eating. Idk your work schedule, but I use to work overnights and I adjusted my meals accordingly. I use 7pm because I go to bed between 11-12. So you could possibly adjust that to your schedule where you don't eat 4 hours or so before bedtime. I keep my eating within a 10 hour time frame. Hope that helps! Hard candies personally are very helpful as long as ypu don't over indulge. :-)
  • cme4bb
    cme4bb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I found that cutting my portions was a huge factor in my hunger. Your stomach will shrink and adjust over time and you'll be fuller longer. Same as when it stretches out from frequent over eating and being hungry more often. It gets easier I promise!! Stick with it!! You can do it!! What doesn't challenge you, doesn't change you! :smiley: