Bulletproof coffee

Options

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Fire added for dramatic effect... obviously. I mean... I have lots of superpowers, but flaming back-draft isn't one of them

Like lighting farts on fire! Yowsa!!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Fire added for dramatic effect... obviously. I mean... I have lots of superpowers, but flaming back-draft isn't one of them

Well that's just disappointing :laugh:
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    pretty much... but for something like 8 straight hours. and now that I've derailed this thread... I'll bow out.. .lol.
  • texascolin95
    texascolin95 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    sounds gross... :s
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Sounds disgusting
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    stqfo5nki20p.jpg

Why would someone do that to perfectly good coffee??????!!!!!!!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I've tasted it ( I know someone who believes in all the woo ) and it is disgusting. It really tasted like I was drinking oil and it was heavy and had the most nasty texture. Its a good way to wreck a cup of coffee.
    Bullet proof coffee isn't going to burn fat or whatever the latest derp is . its just a way for low carbers to add extra fat into their diet. For me I would rather drink bleach then ever take a sip of bullet proof coffee again.
    The evangelists will tell you all about the extra fat burning powers of bullet proof coffee and their low carb stunts. You where right to be skeptical! Lol !!
  • ClicquotBubbles
    ClicquotBubbles Posts: 66 Member
    Options
  • ktsj2015
    ktsj2015 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I was sceptical, sounds revolting. Tried it... loved it. I'm not sure it really helps 'lose weight' or feel full... but it's actually quite nice tasting and now one of my favorite ways to have coffee.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    'The recipe — a riff on the yak butter tea Mr. Asprey found restorative while hiking in Tibet — calls for low-mold coffee beans; at least two tablespoons of unsalted butter (grass-fed, which is higher in Omega 3s and vitamins); and one to two tablespoons of medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil, a type of easily digestible fat. Mr. Asprey claims having the 450-plus-calorie cup of coffee instead of breakfast suppresses hunger, promotes weight loss and provides mental clarity.' Quote from NYT Dec of 2014...

This much fat at once did not appeal to me, but for a while I was enjoying a snack of 1 teaspoon each of butter and coconut oil, plus a half scoop of protein powder in my coffee. I dropped this as part of an endeavor to reduce saturated fat.
  • hsmith0930
    hsmith0930 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I love it. I am eating lower carb, higher fat because I have PCOS and that WOE will help me ovulate. It seems to me that it tends to level out the effects of the caffeine to me. So instead of one rush then a crash, I wake up a bit more slowly, but also come down more slowly. And it does keep me filled up a LOT longer than anything I ever used to eat for breakfast/in the mornings. Not to say that it does that for everyone, but it works for me!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    When I can afford the calories I drink it cos it tastes good, very filling and creamy, but has no magical weight loss properties. I don't like coffee, so I sub it for a scoop of protein powder or sugar free cacao
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I will never waste calories on bulletproof coffee because bacon. :)
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    ... I doubt the "yuckers" have ever tried it so don't let them stop you from trying it. Go for it if you want a few more healthy fats in your diet.

I've tried it - and still find it "yuck." But I don't like anything to interfere with the taste of my coffee because I happen to like the taste. (Also not a fan of eating tons of fat - even though it is necessary for me because of diabetes.)

But anyone who adds milk or cream to their who is saying "yuck" may be blocking the fact that butter is just shaken cream.

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    neohdiver wrote: »
    ... I doubt the "yuckers" have ever tried it so don't let them stop you from trying it. Go for it if you want a few more healthy fats in your diet.

I've tried it - and still find it "yuck." But I don't like anything to interfere with the taste of my coffee because I happen to like the taste. (Also not a fan of eating tons of fat - even though it is necessary for me because of diabetes.)

But anyone who adds milk or cream to their who is saying "yuck" may be blocking the fact that butter is just shaken cream.

Yeah...not to mention that many non-dairy creamers are basically made of oil.
  • LynnEllen64
    LynnEllen64 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well,well, well, what an interesting assortment of comments. I appreciate all of the input. I did try it today, and did not feel good most of the day. I think I will stick to my normal coffee routine. I get plenty of fat in my regular diet. I wanted to know if others have tried it and now I know. Thanks everyone!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I will never waste calories on bulletproof coffee because bacon. :)

This is why we're friends.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    neohdiver wrote: »

Not quite...it's a byproduct of shaken cream, as is buttermilk (which is gross btw).
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    other then a means to get an insane amount of fat into your diet I don't really see the pint of doing this ...