I like my coffee like I like my men... less than I used to.

Options

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    My coffee matches my heart....black and cold...lol!
  • joey4014
    joey4014 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Black and Strong?
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Black strong and sweet
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    Edit: Also Chinese food. Definitely Chinese food. I'll happily order wonton soup, but I'm very salt sensitive and it still causes me pain. Plus, there's only so much wonton soup I can take before giving into shrimp lomein, general tso's chicken, and shrimp toast!

Going to drop this here because it's an awesome recipe (may still cause you some salt issues, so maybe you can make some tweaks to it): http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10306894/general-tso-chicken-236-calories#latest

Thanks! I'm really bad at cooking but I'll definitely have to give this a try xD
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options
    Edit: Also Chinese food. Definitely Chinese food. I'll happily order wonton soup, but I'm very salt sensitive and it still causes me pain. Plus, there's only so much wonton soup I can take before giving into shrimp lomein, general tso's chicken, and shrimp toast!

Going to drop this here because it's an awesome recipe (may still cause you some salt issues, so maybe you can make some tweaks to it): http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10306894/general-tso-chicken-236-calories#latest

Thanks! I'm really bad at cooking but I'll definitely have to give this a try xD

My Gramma used to say "If you can read, you can cook." :)
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    creamer and sugar with my coffee, every day.
    I don't think I could ever give it up.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Chai tea lattes and macchiatos. Not really given up, just rarely worth giving up something else to have one :tongue:

Then when I do decide I want one, I often don't have the milk I need. Either I'm baking a cake and have a quart on hand, or I have none. Rarely is there an in-between.
  • TheChrissyT
    TheChrissyT Posts: 263 Member
    Options

I'm going to try this! If it's awful, I know where to find you >_< lol
  • mcason713
    mcason713 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was in love with the French Vanilla creamer and still added sugar. Then I realized I was taking in about 300 calories in only 2 cups - before I even hit the shower!! I swapped the creamer for Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk and Splenda for the sugar. It took about a week, but now I love it. I actually can't take creamer in my coffee anymore. It's too sweet to me, now. :)
  • TheChrissyT
    Options
    mcason713 wrote: »
    I was in love with the French Vanilla creamer and still added sugar. Then I realized I was taking in about 300 calories in only 2 cups - before I even hit the shower!! I swapped the creamer for Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk and Splenda for the sugar. It took about a week, but now I love it. I actually can't take creamer in my coffee anymore. It's too sweet to me, now. :)

We were the same person. lol I slowly cut it down until I was only using a tsp of each, then just a tsp of sugar and now straight black coffee. If I find that I don't like that, maybe it will help me cut back on my caffeine and eventually that will be something I can live without or only on special occasions
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee like I like my woman.

Tall, hot and bold.
  • TheChrissyT
    Options
    This whole thread has really made me happy today. Thanks guys
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I like my ... Hot, strong, and twice in the morning!
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    when I do drink coffee I use fat free half and half because I can't drink straight black coffee no matter how I've tried. And I've been drinking a lot more tea with Splenda, which is 0 calories.

I also upvote the title of your thread! :smile:
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee how I like my men... strong and Irish.
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    (Best thread title ever!!)

I could never get past the taste of coffee. I drink energy drinks instead... not sure what that says about my choice in women though?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I like my coffee like I like my woman.

Tall, hot and bold.

I usually generally say "rich" but yeah- that's appropriate as well.

Laughably I'm marrying an fairly average in height rather unassuming man. LOL- whatever- I can still have my coffee like that so that's 75% of the battle at this point.
  • faramelee
    faramelee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    errollm wrote: »

I could never get past the taste of coffee. I drink energy drinks instead... not sure what that says about my choice in women though?

I'm not entirely sure what it says about your taste at all :p I think it would mean you'd like your woman to keep you going.....
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    faramelee wrote: »
    errollm wrote: »

I'm not entirely sure what it says about your taste at all :p I think it would mean you'd like your woman to keep you going.....

Well I'm also totally addicted, so...
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I pretty much only drink coffee when I didn't get any sleep the night before or on rest days. On non-rest days I usually take a pre-workout in the morning and it has about the same caffeine as 2 cups of coffee so no need to compound that issue lol. Also, the first thing I did when I started this diet in 2015 was quit sugar. Unfortunately I never liked black coffee, and even with creamer it's still pretty bitter without sugar. I tried just about every sweetener under the sun, and although I've settled on Truvia it's still not the same. So I don't miss it much. The creamer and the sugar, as you said, are wasted calories that I could be replacing with protein or healthy fats.