Lost 130 pounds in 9 months AND am no longer obese! (pics)

Options
124»

Replies

• ErinR82
    ErinR82 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's awesome! :)
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • msharrington315
    msharrington315 Posts: 200 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Great job, man. Losing that much weight changes your life. You look great and probably feel fantastic.

And you brought up a great point about how you did it:

"I have dedicated myself to eating better. Working out. And just changing my life in general."

That sums it up very well. That's exactly how I did it too and to this day people still assume I "had the surgery..." or ask me "What diet are you on?".

Keep up the great work, as this is a journey, not a destination!

• techguymike7801
    techguymike7801 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Loved reading your success story on MFP.

I am once again beginning my journey. I am 34, weight 320lbs, and am just over 6ft tall. I work in a office and sit all day and then go home and sit all night watching tv. I eat out twice a day and cook at night (or heat up a frozen meal). I have a really hard time sticking to eating right - I buy healthy food, stock up the kitchen with nothing but good stuff - then immediately go out to eat somewhere. Not sure why I can't just get with the program but we are trying again. We want to have a kid this year and don't want to be a 300+ dad who can't play with his kid.

I would love to hear about how your story started - what were your first steps?

What was your meal planning like? Did you do pre-made meals for week, where did you get recipes, how much were you eating, how did you avoid easy fast food, etc?

I have tried meal planning once and making it all ahead for a week but got tired of eating the same thing every day.

When did you start exercising? Any certain plan you followed (cardio, HIIT, circuit, bodyweight, running, etc)?

Were there any websites (besides MFP) or books that helped you, informed you, or that you gathered things like recipes, workouts, etc from)?

Honestly, my eating habits kind of suck or stray away from the "traditional" plans. I usually find something I like and stick with the same thing for a week or two. For instance. Right now I don't eat much during the day. I have some sort of snack after my walk during lunch but nothing major. For dinner I usually have two bowls of some sort of grainy cereal (like Honey Bunches of Oats) and add a banana to it. If I'm hungry at night, I'll have some fruit or popcorn or heck, whatever I want really because I've worked my butt off all day and still have plenty of calories to consume. The key is everything in moderation.

This doesn't work for everyone. It works for me. Maybe in a couple months from now it won't work for me and I'll have to try something else. I think the biggest thing is to change things up once in a while. Don't get stuck in a rut. Experiment and find out what works for you.

I think the biggest game changer for me though was committing myself to going to the gym early in the morning before work. That is my time. nobody is awake to ask me to do something, fix something, come over and hangout or go to a restaurant. Plus it sets a good tone for the day. Start off slow and build up to a longer routine.

Good luck my friend.
  • techguymike7801
    Options
    KareninLux wrote: »
    Great work!

Thanks! ;)
  • saralthrash
    saralthrash Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome!

• CoryBIsMe
    CoryBIsMe Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Loved reading your success story on MFP.

I am once again beginning my journey. I am 34, weight 320lbs, and am just over 6ft tall. I work in a office and sit all day and then go home and sit all night watching tv. I eat out twice a day and cook at night (or heat up a frozen meal). I have a really hard time sticking to eating right - I buy healthy food, stock up the kitchen with nothing but good stuff - then immediately go out to eat somewhere. Not sure why I can't just get with the program but we are trying again. We want to have a kid this year and don't want to be a 300+ dad who can't play with his kid.

I would love to hear about how your story started - what were your first steps?

What was your meal planning like? Did you do pre-made meals for week, where did you get recipes, how much were you eating, how did you avoid easy fast food, etc?

I have tried meal planning once and making it all ahead for a week but got tired of eating the same thing every day.

When did you start exercising? Any certain plan you followed (cardio, HIIT, circuit, bodyweight, running, etc)?

Were there any websites (besides MFP) or books that helped you, informed you, or that you gathered things like recipes, workouts, etc from)?

Honestly, my eating habits kind of suck or stray away from the "traditional" plans. I usually find something I like and stick with the same thing for a week or two. For instance. Right now I don't eat much during the day. I have some sort of snack after my walk during lunch but nothing major. For dinner I usually have two bowls of some sort of grainy cereal (like Honey Bunches of Oats) and add a banana to it. If I'm hungry at night, I'll have some fruit or popcorn or heck, whatever I want really because I've worked my butt off all day and still have plenty of calories to consume. The key is everything in moderation.

This doesn't work for everyone. It works for me. Maybe in a couple months from now it won't work for me and I'll have to try something else. I think the biggest thing is to change things up once in a while. Don't get stuck in a rut. Experiment and find out what works for you.

I think the biggest game changer for me though was committing myself to going to the gym early in the morning before work. That is my time. nobody is awake to ask me to do something, fix something, come over and hangout or go to a restaurant. Plus it sets a good tone for the day. Start off slow and build up to a longer routine.

Good luck my friend.

Great advice. Also, bravo!
  • Lallen377
    Lallen377 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow im amazed!
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!
  • techguymike7801
    Options
    Well I've fallen off the wagon. I need to get my butt back in gear.
  • techguymike7801
    Options
    I need to come here once in awhile to inspire myself to get back to this point.
  • starfighter65
    starfighter65 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    That is awesome !
  • Ck103084
    Ck103084 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! Great job :)
  • LoreeBelle
    LoreeBelle Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I need to come here once in awhile to inspire myself to get back to this point.

How are you doing now? Original post was a few years ago. Saw your post from February 2017 and today. Are you back on track? Are you good?
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!