Breakfast....

Options
meghanfleming855
meghanfleming855 Posts: 43 Member
Hi I'm looking for breakfast recipes. Something that doesn't take too long to prepare that I can grab and go. I'm not a Cereal dan and would prefer to have something lower carb but am interested in trying over night oats.....spam me with your recipes and favorites :)

Replies

• FayeOwens89
    FayeOwens89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Following. :smile:
    I'm also interested in breakfast ideas. I normally skip breakfast, which isn't helping my weight loss.
  • keva1207
    keva1207 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has many GREAT ideas for overnight oats. It's my main go to for breakfast.
  • meghanfleming855
    Options
    Does it have to be old fashioned oats or could I use quick oats?
  • meghanfleming855
    Options
    Following. :smile:
    I'm also interested in breakfast ideas. I normally skip breakfast, which isn't helping my weight loss.

Me too. I'm trying to break the habit but I'm just not a breakfast food fan so it's hard. Trying to broken my horizons lol
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Submitted for your consideration:

Makes 5 servings, breakfast during the work week. Made up on Sunday afternoon, refrigerated until used. nuked for 1 minute just to warm up during the winter, eaten cold in hot months.

Oats, Quaker Old Fashioned, 3.75 cups (.75 cup per serving)
    Banana, 203 grams (this changes with the size of the banana used ( 2 or 3 )
    Milk, one cup
    IdeaShape vanilla whey protein powder, 3 scoops
    Cinnamon, 1 tablespoon.

Put oats into 5 two cup bowls with lids.
    Blend remainder of ingredients adding water to make 5 cups.
    Mix (well) one cup of blended liquid with .75 cup of oats. Cover and refrigerate until use. Overnight at least.
    Nuke for one minute to warm and eat.

Per serving:

Calories355
    Fat 8.1g
    carbs 58.2g
    Protein 16.2g

Satisfied until lunch.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Search for Hungry Girl Egg Mugs. They are easy and quick. I like the Denver. California and Mexicali.

I also use to toast a mini bagel and defrost/cook a Morningstar farms veggie breakfast sausage maple flavor and make a sandwich.

These make ahead or freeze and reheat well. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2012/10/cheese-and-sausage-breakfast-muffins.html

I do this a lot too. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2012/10/homemade-egg-mcmuffin.html
  • meghanfleming855
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Poached eggs are a delicious breakfast! Combine them with a piece of whole wheat toast and some fruit or kefir.
  • bbsis1980
    bbsis1980 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Great ideas everyone. Thank you! I've been enjoying 2 hard boiled eggs sliced up with 1/2 an avacado, seasoned with salt, pepper and a bunch of garlic powder. 301 calories. I also start my morning off with 1 quart of water with one whole lemon juice squeezed into it. It gets everything going and helps me feel less hungry. Also great for detox and getting your body to be alkaline. 12 calories. Before I started this fitness pal, I would have been starving by lunch, but now that I am realizing how many calories are in everything, for some reason I'm fine till lunch. Funny how the mind works... :#
  • UPOLegend
    UPOLegend Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Porridge has been a miracle worker for me. I really didn't like the stuff so my friend gave me a sachet of Quaker Oats Golden Syrup and I really quite liked it so I've been having that every work morning at about 7am and not feeling hungry at all until around 11.30 ish when I'll have a satsuma to carry me through til lunch. I have not snacked or had cravings for crap AT ALL. I really can't believe how effective it's been. I have it with whole milk which works out at 249 calories. 2mins in the microwave while I'm making my coffee and then get dressed while it's cooling down as it's like lava :D
  • Steve_ApexNC
    Steve_ApexNC Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Breakfast Sandwich:

1. Microwave egg beater in a small dish with some spray. My nuke machine takes about a minute, but it will vary by oven and how much you use.
    2. Morning Star Hot and Spicy sausage patty. These are vegetarian sausage found in freezer section. I nuke one in a little over a minute.
    3. Because the sausages are veg, they have very little fat and a bit dry so I always put on some sort of sauce. It could be a touch of mayo or afterburner sauce (mayo+sriracha) or some salsa or valentino sauce or whatever tickles my fancy.
    4. Bread - lots of low cal variations. I have found OLE makes a 50c tortilla wrap and Pepperidge farms makes a 45c per slice bread. Thomas's has an English muffin for 100c. Mix 'em up and toast or don't toast for different texture variants. I prefer toast. You could, of course, just do it without bread and serve it as a scrambler in a bowl.
    5. Add veggies such as onion, raw spin, tomato, peppers, roasted peppers, or my favorite...sauteed spinach (sautee some shallots, tomatos, dry red pepper and/or cayenne for some kick, and baby spin.) You can make your veggie on Sunday and store in fridge.

Options are endless here - you can change up flavors with different herbs/spices or add a sprinkle of cheese if you can take the extra cals (I don't, but your miles may vary), serve open faced with some fresh herbs, replace egg beaters with poached eggs if you have time and you can always serve with some fruit bits on the side.
  • southernGIRLgetsFIT
    Options
    Egg muffins are wonderful and SO easy. Pinterest has a ton of recipes.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I like egg muffins or crustless quiche that I can heat and eat all week.

My family likes freezer Homemade Egg McMuffins and Freezer Breakfast Burritos They're super easy to customize and tweak depending on what you like or how many calories you'd like them to be.
  • SalemMom97304
    SalemMom97304 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do breakfast sandwhiches. I make 5 on Sunday morning, Ziplock, throw them in the freezer and then microwave for 60 seconds once I get to work. I use Thomas Bagel thins, a turkey sausage party, 1 egg and a sprinkle of pepperjack cheese. It is 299 calories for each one.
  • Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I make egg whites with tomatoes, onions and jalapenos to give them taste because they are otherwise too bland. I make 2 - 3 pieces of turkey bacon and have a tall glass of ice water. Low calories and very filling. To make things really easy I purchase the precut mix of tomatoes, onions and jalapenos from the grocery store
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I like a sweet breakfast. Usually revitalise with some pb and chocolate spread, 10g of each spread between 4 crispbread. I call it my fake snickers
  • Kellyotis
    Kellyotis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I recently made this spinach, feta, and artichoke breakfast bake, and it was delicious. It makes enough for 8 days. It's on Skinnytaste.com
  • blue_eyed_fi
    blue_eyed_fi Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Love Greek yoghurt with some porridge oats and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
    Also a big fan of a poached egg on wheat toast at the weekend or some black pudding on toast too yum.
  • flyingfur74
    flyingfur74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I make breakfast sandwiches and I also make a breakfast casserole for the week and make it into a wrap.
  • periphrastic
    periphrastic Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just tried baked oatmeal for the first time this week and my boyfriend and I both loved it! It takes a little less than an hour total to make, but it keeps in the fridge for a few days, so breakfast is ready to go for the rest of the week!

Here's the original recipe on Epicurious, but I tweaked a few things to try and make it healthier (and avoid going to the store... lol). I used only strawberries, swapped the butter for coconut oil, used honey instead of maple syrup (but you could use a sugar free syrup or other substitute too), and subbed about half the milk for an extra egg. It turned out DELICIOUS--it's kind of like a cross between an oatmeal cookie and bread pudding. Today I threw a slice in the microwave and poured a little milk over it for a quick, easy breakfast. It comes out to about 350 calories per piece if you cut it into nine pieces, but it's full of good ingredients that kept me full until lunch. Love it!