Join me in a 3-week sprint to kick off 2016!

Options

Replies

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    For me it is having a plan for the week, that includes working out, eating and any treat meals. It doesn't always mean I will stick to it as I have a very flexible schedule, but if the plan changes I know what I need to do to ensure it doesn't derail me. That could mean eating more because of increased exercise or more training because of unplanned treats.
  • mtjohnston42
    mtjohnston42 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Excellent!
  • Becky_44
    Becky_44 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Logging everything, and also weighing everyday or two. Not something that's always a good thing to do, I've lost in the past weighing once a week and that worked perfect but struggling so hard to get back on track iv had to weigh frequently so I don't go to far off target before reeling back in.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Logging ACCURATELY is very important to me.

It goes against my nature to be a perfectionist, but I am trying really hard to be as accurate as possible.

When I had 150 pounds to lose it was easy to still lose while guessing but now that I am close to my goal weight, I don't lose unless I weigh everything.
  • bri170lb
    Options
    Have had a good couple of days. Planning ahead, praying for guidence and getting in all my ecercise!
  • Working2BBetter
    Working2BBetter Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Had my first real temptation of the year... Being Tuesday, I am starving! Finished all my lunch and snacks I brought with me to work, and someone brings in really awesome looking oatmeal raisin cookies...
  • bri170lb
    Options
    Had my first real temptation of the year... Being Tuesday, I am starving! Finished all my lunch and snacks I brought with me to work, and someone brings in really awesome looking oatmeal raisin cookies...

I had a customer bring in 3 big boxes of cookies and doughnuts to say thank you for a favor we did for her.

I am normally not tempted but grocery store goodies but everyone who had a "chewy apple topped cookie" was going on and on about how good they were. It was really, really hard to resist!

Fortunately, they did last long!
  • momallnight
    momallnight Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yea. Everyone sounds like they are rocking it! I'm down another pound! Seems like the weight is glued to me. Ugh. But anyway things are still great. Hope to check back again tomorrow. C ya
  • janetlynn31
    janetlynn31 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Just one thing: logging every meal. Keeps me honest and helps me think about my choices.
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    Can you believe it's already Wednesday?? Thanks everyone for sharing your awesome strategies for sticking to your goals. This challenge is hard but it is not behind you, trust me ;) We're so close now!
  • bri170lb
    Options
    I have been working on trying to stay right at ot just under my calorie goal, but have had trouble not eating just one more snack in the evening that puts me over by a little bit.

My strategy for fixing this is.
    1. Drinking water or tea instead
    2. Trying to recognize that I am not actually hungry (I eat my largest meal at dinner and I usually eat later in the evening)
    3. Refocus my thoughts away from food, by reading, getting on MFP, doing housework or laundry, starting a conversation with my family, asking my husband for help to think of something else to do.
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    I have been working on trying to stay right at ot just under my calorie goal, but have had trouble not eating just one more snack in the evening that puts me over by a little bit.

My strategy for fixing this is.
    1. Drinking water or tea instead
    2. Trying to recognize that I am not actually hungry (I eat my largest meal at dinner and I usually eat later in the evening)
    3. Refocus my thoughts away from food, by reading, getting on MFP, doing housework or laundry, starting a conversation with my family, asking my husband for help to think of something else to do.

Strategies! Wonderful!
  • KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Doing it and doing it and doing it well.

Except the exercise. Blahhhh. Super lazy lately
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Logging is my biggest downfall. When I do, I stay on track. When I don't, well, I don't.

Same here! Logging it all is my only goal this month! I feel as though that alone will bring me success
  • bri170lb
    Options
    Had a really difficult day today with my 2 youngest children, but I really did a good job of holding I together.

My dinner plan changed completely but i still stayed under my goal and I decided to go to Zumba purly because I needed to work out my anger.

• Becky_44
    Becky_44 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    Had a really difficult day today with my 2 youngest children, but I really did a good job of holding I together.

My dinner plan changed completely but i still stayed under my goal and I decided to go to Zumba purly because I needed to work out my anger.

Sorry it was a rough day! Wtg with holding it together!
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    I have to admit something. Yesterday I totally blew it.

I had one of the worst days of work ever. I left angry, frustrated, and just flat out didn't care about anything. I was so upset I decided to throw my diet out the window (luckily I had already worked out first thing in the morning).

My wife and I ordered Chinese food, I bought a six pack of beer, and I just said: Screw it!

I'm not proud of it. But I'm also not ashamed of myself. I'm not perfect, nobody's perfect. We're all human beings out there doing our best.

What's really important, as we are in the midst of an important challenge, is that I get back on that horse today and really make it count.

So this morning, I'm back. I already went to an exercise class and burned 500+ calories (according to my heart rate monitor) and my diet is in check. And all this while being up almost all night still upset about my job.

The moral: Your best is always good enough! But you have to always get back up when life pushes you down.

Let's have a great day.
  • Working2BBetter
    Working2BBetter Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Yes, we are all human, and we are all here because this is not easy for us... I'm at the weight right now that for the past few years I think "this is good enough! I don't want to restrict myself so much any more" I then start eating too much again... And regain all the weight! I don't want to do that this time! It is just frustrating that I work out 6x a week 52 weeks a year and still have to watch everything I eat... Some people say it's not genetic, but everyone in my family is 200+ lbs overweight... I have to keep fighting!
  • bri170lb
    edited January 2016
    Options

I had one of the worst days of work ever. I left angry, frustrated, and just flat out didn't care about anything.

My wife and I ordered Chinese food, I bought a six pack of beer, and I just said: Screw it!

It's a good thing I didn't think of a 6 pack of beer and Chinese food or I would have been right there with you!!!!

All I could think of was, "Get me away from my kids before I strangle them." The only place I could think to go was the gym!

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts when you had a such a bad day. It is so helpful to know that we all blow it sometimes, but that it is possible to just keep on moving forward.

I am praying that you problem at work will not be so overwhelming today.

• KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    Options

Mmmmmm. Chinese food!

Glad you got back on track and didn't beat yourself up about it.

I admire everyone with their motivation to exercise. Mine is out the window !!!!! How do you do it ?!