Any stories of weight loss without much/any exercise?

Options
2»

Replies

• usflightmedic
    usflightmedic Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I initially lost 68 Lbs by just doing portion control and change my meal plan. If you are interested in my meal plan I can share that with you.
  • Todbringer
    Todbringer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well, when I started dieting a year ago only excercise I did was walking to and from the work (some 2x25 minutes per day). I gradually increased walking time and distance but for several months dieting and walking was the only thing and I lost some 25 kg by then.

Then after some 4-5 months I started excercising slowly with a trainer (started with pilates, calisthenetics, machines with low weight, etc - I took a trainer that worked in a private clinic with injured people and who was college educated and knew how and when to start with what kind of exercises) and gradually increased. At first I could only walk on the track for 15 minutes at 4.5 kph and without any inclination. Now I jog at 8 kph for 30 minutes and walk on high inclination at 6kph for 30 minutes and it is improving week by week. And in the last year I have lost 58 kg.

So, start walking. I only did walking at first. And it works.

But, you will have to exercise eventually. You will lose muscle on diet. I lost 58 kg, so at my height of 171 cm (5.7") I'm at 78 kg so I would have to lose some 10 kg more, but I still have a lot of fat on my abdomen and my hips and thighs (yeah, I'm one of those men unfortunate enough to be pear shaped) because at caloric deficit I was on all I could do with exercise was to try and maintain as much of muscle mass as possible. And you want to look toned too, not skinny fat (trust me, it is so annoying when everyone says you are thin and skinny because all the fat is where they can't see it and they start thinking you have eating disorder when you tell them you have to lose 10kg more).

So, start walking and keep dieting and it will come off and when your rib is better start excercising. And if you can, get a good trainer at least for a month to keep an eye on you while you recover from rib injury.

P.S. I apologise for any grammar or spelling mistakes. English is not my native language. And it's 6 am here when I'm posting this ;)
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    mamadon wrote: »
    I lost 123 pounds while doing just light exercise. Maybe working out once or twice a week, sometimes not at all. It's all about CI/CO, but I try to do more now to tone up. I'm just a lazy slug lol.

do u mind sharing your cal goals and stuff? that is wonderful for u!!!!

I don't mind. :smile: It took me around 14 months to lose the weight. For the first 6 months, I ate 1200 a day. For the remainder of the time I ate 1300 to 1350. My maintenance calories are around 1850. I also have a fitbit to help me track. I'm 5'4, I started out at 268 pounds. I hope this is helpful.
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I initially lost 68 Lbs by just doing portion control and change my meal plan. If you are interested in my meal plan I can share that with you.

yes please, im interested :smiley: Thanks
  • Sandytoes71
    Options
    I lost 123 pounds while doing just light exercise. Maybe working out once or twice a week, sometimes not at all. It's all about CI/CO, but I try to do more now to tone up. I'm just a lazy slug lol.

do u mind sharing your cal goals and stuff? that is wonderful for u!!!!

I don't mind. :smile: It took me around 14 months to lose the weight. For the first 6 months, I ate 1200 a day. For the remainder of the time I ate 1300 to 1350. My maintenance calories are around 1850. I also have a fitbit to help me track. I'm 5'4, I started out at 268 pounds. I hope this is helpful.

yes this helps, thanks so much. and i like the fact that you can maintain at a higher cal level.
  • AriaDragonfly
    AriaDragonfly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30lbs in around 6 months with no exercise, but I'm having issues with my appetite lacking while trying to cure a chronic illness called SIBO.
    41782799.png
  • Sandytoes71
    Options
    Todbringer wrote: »
    Well, when I started dieting a year ago only excercise I did was walking to and from the work (some 2x25 minutes per day). I gradually increased walking time and distance but for several months dieting and walking was the only thing and I lost some 25 kg by then.

Then after some 4-5 months I started excercising slowly with a trainer (started with pilates, calisthenetics, machines with low weight, etc - I took a trainer that worked in a private clinic with injured people and who was college educated and knew how and when to start with what kind of exercises) and gradually increased. At first I could only walk on the track for 15 minutes at 4.5 kph and without any inclination. Now I jog at 8 kph for 30 minutes and walk on high inclination at 6kph for 30 minutes and it is improving week by week. And in the last year I have lost 58 kg.

So, start walking. I only did walking at first. And it works.

But, you will have to exercise eventually. You will lose muscle on diet. I lost 58 kg, so at my height of 171 cm (5.7") I'm at 78 kg so I would have to lose some 10 kg more, but I still have a lot of fat on my abdomen and my hips and thighs (yeah, I'm one of those men unfortunate enough to be pear shaped) because at caloric deficit I was on all I could do with exercise was to try and maintain as much of muscle mass as possible. And you want to look toned too, not skinny fat (trust me, it is so annoying when everyone says you are thin and skinny because all the fat is where they can't see it and they start thinking you have eating disorder when you tell them you have to lose 10kg more).

So, start walking and keep dieting and it will come off and when your rib is better start excercising. And if you can, get a good trainer at least for a month to keep an eye on you while you recover from rib injury.

P.S. I apologise for any grammar or spelling mistakes. English is not my native language. And it's 6 am here when I'm posting this ;)

Thank you very much for sharing!!!!!
  • Sandytoes71
    Options
    I've lost forty lbs since the summer with no exercise. I typically stay at the 1,200 calorie goal mfp set for me (sometimes I'm over or under) and I
    Tend to have a cheat meal once a week rather than a cheat day.

That is fabulous! how tall are you? female? Thanks :smile:
  • Sandytoes71
    Options
    I've lost 30lbs in around 6 months with no exercise, but I'm having issues with my appetite lacking while trying to cure a chronic illness called SIBO.
    41782799.png

I'm so sorry for your illness but congrats on your weight loss!!!
  • PowerKickChic
    PowerKickChic Posts: 108 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    A pound of fat = roughly 3500 calories. Obviously that means you need -3500 calories to lose a pound of fat.
    Find out what your TDEE is, here is a website for that:
    http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

So, let say your TDEE is 2000 and you want to lose 1 pound a week. 2000 calories a day x 7 =14,000 a week.
    -3500 calories for a pound weight loss = 10,500 to calories to spend.
    Divide that by 7 days = 1500 calories a day.

If you can, I highly advise you to try to move around and or exercise when you feel better. Not only will it help with weight loss but it will help keep it off on those days you go over calories. It will shape your body and give you so much more energy. Try swimming maybe? I have psoriatic arthritis that's very similar to rheumatoid. I also have SIJD (sacroiliac joint dysfunction) and sciatica. Trust me, if I can do it, most people can too. Once you heal, if you can, its very important.
    hm21bxxm2fry.jpg
  • hithere0711
    hithere0711 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I've lost forty lbs since the summer with no exercise. I typically stay at the 1,200 calorie goal mfp set for me (sometimes I'm over or under) and I
    Tend to have a cheat meal once a week rather than a cheat day.

That is fabulous! how tall are you? female? Thanks :smile:

I'm 5'3.5" and female
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    No
  • 20months
    20months Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I lost 192# and walking was about the only exercise I did.
  • fattothinmum
    fattothinmum Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    With CICO and little exercise, I lost the first 60, quite easily. It's tougher going now, and I have had to add in exercise, but it's so much easier to do now, mostly walking and just started C25K now I am 78lbs down.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!