Do you have an everyday breakfast?

Options

Replies

• sunisabel21
    sunisabel21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A smoothie?
    I usually have fruit for breakfast and sometimes a grain such as buckwheat or amaranth (with hemp seed protein powder)
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Always black coffee, then sometimes egg mayo and cold bacon and sometimes 40g all-bran or 2 Weetabix with a spoonful of sweetener and 10g of a mix of ground flax seed and psyllium husks and 2% milk.
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    My weekday morning routine is quick and simple.
    Have a cup of coffee, and off I go.

weekends I'll often have an omelet or frittata.
  • KASbelle
    KASbelle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Coffee usually followed by oatmeal with blueberries.
  • scfarrant
    scfarrant Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am currently loving this combo:

-One pack of plain oatmeal
    -1 cup skim milk
    -One 'shot' of chia seeds (8g?)
    -half a banana
    -1 tbsp ground almonds

Stick it all in the microwave for 1m30s.

Really nutritious but also amazingly filling and yum!
  • thatshistorical
    thatshistorical Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Three eggs, fried until they are mostly hard (just kinda soft in the yolk) topped with hot sauce
    1/2-3/4 cup steamed spinach
    1 oz shredded cheese or goat cheese
    Coffee with creamer

Mid day I'll have a yogurt with my coffee because I tend to eat breakfast at 6:30-7:00 and I need a little something around 10 since I don't eat lunch until 1 sometimes.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Pumpernickel with honey. And french press coffee, of course.
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    fruit and veggie smoothies are a great breakfast alternative for me. If I don't have time for that I put granola and Greek yogurt in my bento box with a small portion each of baby carrots and seedless grapes....it's pretty much my breakfast and mid-morning snack!
  • TenaciousTAZ
    TenaciousTAZ Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    sweet potato with cinnamon and tad of butter...and beef jerky for protein!
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Roasted vegetable and egg white casserole topped with barbacoa chicken and salsa.
  • scyian
    scyian Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Muesli with coconut milk and blueberries.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I do.

Alternate days either Vanilla Triple Zero Yogurt (with berries and granola, depends on the day) or Liquid Egg white omelet with sauteed onions, green pepper and Canadian ham with Mutli Grain toast (1 piece with tsp butter).

I have this every single week..
  • tim201200
    tim201200 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Coffee, oatmeal and blueberries
  • ChocolateMjau
    ChocolateMjau Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yes, most of my mornings I take 2 glasses of warm water + 15 ml of fresh lemon juice for each glass.
    Meanwhile I cook an oatmeal (50-60 g wholegrain oat, 10 g wheat bran, 100-150 ml milk, 1 tsp cinnamon & sometimes 1 tbsp natural honey)
    After that I like to drink a cup of coffee with 100 ml milk & sometimes 1 tsp sugar (but since I am out of sugar, I realized that it doesn't taste so bad also without sugar) :smiley:

P.s. This is so good topic to get new ideas for breakfast! I will save a link! :smile:
    But U keep posting..
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and an apple.
  • rosebai21
    rosebai21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My favorite non-egg breakfast is 1/4-1/2 cup cottage cheese with some paprika and pepper on it and an english muffin with peanutbutter on it. It's lower calorie, has nice macros and I have to have high protein so that base is covered well.

Cheerios or chex are also pretty good, but a grain cereal is naturally going to be higher in calories and you won't stay full for as long.
  • mgmad1993
    mgmad1993 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    1 cup of cheerios with 2% milk or whole wheat english muffin with a small amount of jelly & i can't believe it's not butter.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    Peanut butter and banana sandwich is my go to breakfast.

This is also one of three or four regular breakfasts. Instead of bread though I use plain rice cakes and eat them open faced (sometimes I sprinkle chia seeds on them - apparently they're good for you). I also make a smoothie with spinach, plain Greek yogurt, berries, milk and hemp hearts at least once a week. My other non-egg breakfast staple is plain Greek yogurt with berries CUT into the yogurt (so the juices flavour the yogurt) with a splash of vanilla extract and a handful of almonds. Which I suppose is basically an un-blended smoothie...

I try not to freak out about carbs in the morning as I know I have the day to burn off the energy from them. I think it's better to eat carbs in the morning than at night. That's just my feeling though, not science.

• tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    -Porridge with cinnamon and a chopped banana
    -Peanut butter and mashed banana on wholemeal toast
    -Danish pastry and a small banana (at least once a week)
    Always accompanied by at least two cups of black coffee with nothing added.

I love breakfast :)
  • smcrimmon84
    smcrimmon84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Banana with PB2. Greek yogurt. Dry cereal & strawberries. Bagel thin with lowfat cream cheese.