Are men who say they dislike "high maintenance women"...

Options
_John_
_John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
Really just insecure about their own game?

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    No. They just don't want the drama. Take Lace from the Bachelor.....she was really hot....week #1...Then you got to really see the crazy and she went from a 10 to a 4
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    I just dont like high maintenance cus i cant handle it.

but on a side note I am insecure about my game
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Jacwhite22 wrote: »
    No. They just don't want the drama. Take Lace from the Bachelor.....she was really hot....week #1...Then you got to really see the crazy and she went from a 10 to a 4

High maintenance is just a personality trait, and it goes both ways. A 7 can become a 10 if she's cool AF...
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    high maintenance people can be exhausting.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    High maintenance as in she wears clothes, bathes and doesn't want to pay for dinner? Or high maintenance as in she requires a new Porsche for Christmas? Someone needs to buy me a new Porsche . . .
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Jacwhite22 wrote: »

That *kitten* is crazy. Like, has some screws, nuts, & bolts missing, crazy.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    High maintenance as in she wears clothes, bathes and doesn't want to pay for dinner? Or high maintenance as in she requires a new Porsche for Christmas? Someone needs to buy me a new Porsche . . .

Personally, I only consider someone "high maintenance" if I have to constantly contribute to the maintaining of am adversely effected by said maintenance. so wherever that falls on your "bathing to annual new luxury car" scale.
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    If she can't be happy on her own terms, & needs you to make her happy with materialistic items, she isn't ready to take on the responsibility of a relationship.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Not sure what some would consider "high maintenance". I don't consider treating my wife with respect high maintenance. I love spending money on her. Taking luxurious vacations with her. I bought her a new jeep for Christmas. She didn't ask for or expect any of these things, but it makes my day when I see her reaction. I feel like I do all these things for me, because I am happiest when she is happy.
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Not sure what some would consider "high maintenance". I don't consider treating my wife with respect high maintenance. I love spending money on her. Taking luxurious vacations with her. I bought her a new jeep for Christmas. She didn't ask for or expect any of these things, but it makes my day when I see her reaction. I feel like I do all these things for me, because I am happiest when she is happy.

You are the coolest husband on MFP. For real.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Yes. High maintenance means I value the things I do that make me happy and successful. Anyone who doesn't support that doesn't understand what a relationship involves.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options

Agreed.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options

Agreed.
    I appreciate that. My wife is the cool one. I met a woman that I would not want to be without, so I want to make her happy.

• yourhiddengem
    yourhiddengem Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I feel like I do all these things for me, because I am happiest when she is happy.

That's one of the sweetest things I've read in a while :)
  • deniseteas
    deniseteas Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    amazing....lucky lady for sure ...and you a lucky man...thats rare these days

Agreed.
    I appreciate that. My wife is the cool one. I met a woman that I would not want to be without, so I want to make her happy.

• djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options

High maintenance means she EXPECTS those things. If you enjoy doing things for her and she appreciates it, that's one thing. If she expects you to constantly spoil her with material things and can't be happy and just appreciate her time with you without that other stuff, she is high maintenance and not worth it.

• SeanNJ
    SeanNJ Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Whether or not a person is "high maintenance" has absolutely nothing to do with that person, and instead is solely indicated by the perception of their significant other.

If your spouse doesn't mind rubbing your feet every 37 minutes for exactly 114 seconds on each foot, and accepts the repercussions of failing to do so (which might involve purple nurples), then you are not high maintenance.

If your spouse gets irritated by your occasional desire to have sliced tomato on your grilled cheese sandwich, then you are high maintenance.

It's not an objective thing.
  • LindsayB072
    LindsayB072 Posts: 399 Member
    Options

High maintenance means she EXPECTS those things. If you enjoy doing things for her and she appreciates it, that's one thing. If she expects you to constantly spoil her with material things and can't be happy and just appreciate her time with you without that other stuff, she is high maintenance and not worth it.

Yes! All of this.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    Define high maintenance
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    ^^ look above your post up 1