Waist Trainers: To avoid or to consider?

Options
sandiikat
sandiikat Posts: 104 Member
edited January 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey everyone, so I was looking into purchasing a waist trainer. Yes, I know they are not good for you and cause your internal organs to move in places they shouldn't, however is this true for ALL waist trainers? I have a lot of stubborn lower back adipose tissue (I hate the word f*t lol) and I feel as if a waist trainer will help "mold" it. I know through diet & exercise it will eventually go away but I see how much quicker these body builder females get their ideal bods by using one. So I wanted to know if all waist trainers are bad. Maybe a less compressing one might be a better option. Is there such a thing as safe waist trainers to use? Please do not go on a 10 page essay rant about how I should never ever wear one, I have a boyfriend at home who tells me every time I bring it up. I just want my sexy bod back! Please only knowledgeable responses please!

P.S. I am not looking for shortcuts! I am already putting in the work (through training, running, CICO) I am just curious and I love the results women have is all.

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Are you speaking of a jiggly sort of machine that you wear which works your muscles for you?

Absolutely not.
  • sandiikat
    Options
    Are you speaking of a jiggly sort of machine that you wear which works your muscles for you?

Absolutely not.

No like this http://www.whatsawaist.com/
  • skydiveD30571
    skydiveD30571 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you already know how to get your sexy bod back.

And it's not a waist trainer. Female body builders get their ideal bods with hard work and discipline. They will be the first to tell you there's no short cuts.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    AVOID.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    You are not made of clay; a waist trainer will not mold anything permanently.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    sanrocha8 wrote: »
    I have a lot of stubborn lower back adipose tissue (I hate the word f*t lol) and I feel as if a waist trainer will help "mold" it. I know through diet & exercise it will eventually go away but I see how much quicker these body builder females get their ideal bods by using one.

I won't go on a rant, all I will say is that if you have adipose tissue that you want gone, then get rid of the naturally and permanently. Stop looking for short cuts, because every single shortcut out there in the fitness and nutrition world is either completely ineffective, or dangerous. I don't mean most, I mean all of them. Do it right...
  • amber68rose556
    amber68rose556 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Apparently the effects of waist trainers are at best temporary and just remind you to stop eating so much because they're so tight. I wouldn't waste my money tbh!
  • sandiikat
    Options

And it's not a waist trainer. Female body builders get their ideal bods with hard work and discipline. They will be the first to tell you there's no short cuts.

uhh then why do I see a lot of women utilize them all the time? I mean yes they workout all the time but with their waist trainer ! D:
  • sandiikat
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    You are not made of clay; a waist trainer will not mold anything permanently.

I dont care if it's not permanent, I am already working on permanent lol. I know I guess it's just me being impatient lol
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I think it's a bad idea, but since you don't want to hear that, here is my question--if you happen to find a waist trainer that is "less compressing," what do you expect it to do? Just move your organs a little bit?
  • missblondi2u
    Options

uhh then why do I see a lot of women utilize them all the time? I mean yes they workout all the time but with their waist trainer ! D:

They wear them to take unrealistically sexy gym selfies.
  • sallielozo
    sallielozo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bad idea. I used to wear one when I would workout and would end up with welts all over.
  • sandiikat
    Options
    I think it's a bad idea, but since you don't want to hear that, here is my question--if you happen to find a waist trainer that is "less compressing," what do you expect it to do? Just move your organs a little bit?

Haha true true! Thanks Blondi! I wasn't sure if there was one that didn't cause any internal organ movement. Like completely safe to use.
  • missblondi2u
    Options

Haha true true! Thanks Blondi! I wasn't sure if there was one that didn't cause any internal organ movement. Like completely safe to use.

Try a good pair of spanx instead :)
  • sandiikat
    Options

Try a good pair of spanx instead :)

whoa great idea! Thanks Blondi! :)
  • sandiikat
    Options
    sallielozo wrote: »
    Bad idea. I used to wear one when I would workout and would end up with welts all over.

Oh gosh!
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

Are you talking about women on YouTube? They are sponsored by a company to wear them, just like gym shark, pes, sweet sweat. These women don't show off these products because they like them and want to tell the world, they do it because they are either being paid to or benefitting in some other way.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Because people do a lot of stupid things. It's apparently in our nature or something.
  • tristen_leigh
    tristen_leigh Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    The girls on the website you posted don't look like "bodybuilders". I see girls on Instagram with them but it's just like the detox teas and teeth whitening stuff - they're just getting paid to say they use it. I don't think there is a healthy permanent solution other than what you're already doing.
  • sandiikat
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »

Are you talking about women on YouTube? They are sponsored by a company to wear them, just like gym shark, pes, sweet sweat. These women don't show off these products because they like them and want to tell the world, they do it because they are either being paid to or benefitting in some other way.

Ohhh thank you! This is good to know!