Dessert! With lots of protein - and lots of deliciousness?

Options
2»

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    My favorite dessert is Trutein Power Pudding. 170 cal, 28g protein, only 2g fat and 4g sugars. Mix it with 4 oz. of milk, put it in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes and it's thick like cake frosting.
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Biting my tongue
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Custard.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    handful of ice, 1/2 cup almond milk, 2 tbs pb2, chocolate protein in a blender on high. Kind of like a protein frosty that doesn't taste like *kitten*.
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    These are great suggestions! Thanks!

Something about freezing Greek yogurt really throws me off, but I have eaten the stuff that you buy frozen. I'll have to check out the nutrition on that.

@bgorum How comparable are those cookies to regular chocolate chip cookies? I guess what I'm really asking is do they taste like a health food cookie, if ya know what I mean?

They are tastier than regular chocolate chip cookies. But, check the macros. Depending on your calorie and macro goals, you might want to go another route. The high fat (all healthy fat) content means they are calorie dense. But, they are nutrient dense, and totally delicious!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    My favorite dessert is Trutein Power Pudding. 170 cal, 28g protein, only 2g fat and 4g sugars. Mix it with 4 oz. of milk, put it in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes and it's thick like cake frosting.

That stuff is horribly sweet for me. I'm thinking of just tossing the container at this point to make room in my pantry.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

That stuff is horribly sweet for me. I'm thinking of just tossing the container at this point to make room in my pantry.

What flavor did you get? You can send it to me if you want.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Protein fluff

^^^ this.
  • Thowe92
    Thowe92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Char231023 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

What flavor did you get? You can send it to me if you want.

Or me. I love that stuff.
  • mlboyer100
    mlboyer100 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm going to jump in here because this is one of my weak areas too! I have a recipe for Cottage Cheese & Yogurt High Protein Ice Cream that's exactly been making for over a year now... And eating almost every night before bedtime! I start planning my daily meal plan around my night-time desert! I use a high protein isolate protein powder to achieve nice numbers. I wish I could post pics here, but I a posting them on Facebook with nutrition values. Feel free to Friend me, Marsha Weaver Boyer and follow my daily food posts! I just made some awesome Strawberry-Cherry ice cream today and can't wait to try this combo! I'll be posting it later tonight on FB.
  • chastity0921
    chastity0921 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I recommend Fair Life milk. It is ultra-filtered milk, so 13 g pro/cup. I prefer it over regular milk and it is lactose free, without tasting like nasty Lactaid. It also has a longer shelf life than regular milk, no rBST, lower sugar, and more calcium. To the chocolate flavor, I will add a Tbsp of PB or PB2 (depending on my calories), ice, and blend on high. It is amazing... You could also get the fat free one and add cocoa powder and PB2 for a low calorie version.

*If I really need more protein, I will add silken tofu, chia seeds, or flaxseed to the mix.

You can also add plain greek yogurt, chia seeds, and honey together and have a higher protein snack. Graham crackers and PB. Black bean desserts. Desserts made with chickpea/besan flour. Oatmeal with PB2 and chia/flax seeds.
  • ahawkx
    ahawkx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Larry and Lenny's protein cookies! I have loved every flavor and they are amazing. Definitely don't taste healthy or protein-y.