My MFP girlfriend just dumped me

Options

Replies

• errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    ald783 wrote: »
    If I say "leave me alone", I want attention.
    If I say, "I'm fine", I want attention.
    If I say, "I hate you", I want attention.

I always want attention. If I don't, I'll go somewhere where you can't find me. I'm not the cool off in silence type. Just give me attention.

Because asking for what you want/need would make things too difficult?

I assume it's because the guy is supposed to just know what your true actual deep down desires are? I mean if he really loved you he would. Cause we can totes read minds.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options

I always want attention. If I don't, I'll go somewhere where you can't find me. I'm not the cool off in silence type. Just give me attention.

And people wonder why they don't get what they want. SMDH.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options

Those are generally the scenarios where I'm ragingly angry that you don't already understand why I'm ragingly angry, so no, logically explaining it would be too difficult and rational.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If they broke up over that then I think everyone's better off in the long run.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    If I say "leave me alone", I want to be left alone.
    If I say, "I'm fine", I might be a little peeved and don't want to talk about it
    If I say, "I hate you", well...I don't. That's a strong statement and I don't truly hate anyone.

But that's just me.
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    no wonder men think women are crazy.

if i want to talk about my problem/day i will.

if i dont, im unlikely to bring it up or just skate over it if asked about my day.

im not going to say i dont want to talk about it and then get in a huff when i get the 'wrong' response.

im too old for those games.

This. Because I have the classic definition of logic, not "girl logic". If you don't say what you mean you're leaving the door open for misinterpretation. And rightly so because you are being an idiot.
  • Lone_wolf46
    Lone_wolf46 Posts: 2,711 Member
    Options
    Hey OP... good luck with this one! lol
  • JuneGem6471
    JuneGem6471 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I'm hung up on the "MFP girlfriend" part of this. Is this not a real life scenario? An online "relationship"?? And that's not weird at all....
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Those are generally the scenarios where I'm ragingly angry that you don't already understand why I'm ragingly angry, so no, logically explaining it would be too difficult and rational.

Good luck on your gurney, as they say a good mind reader is hard to find.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    She didn't say "fine". She said "leave me alone". In that case, you leave her alone; you stand by until she cools off enough to discuss what is bothering her.

The same with "fine". It either means she is too upset to talk about it (which is good because she will calm down and you can talk later) OR she doesn't think you have grasped the full extent to which you f*cked up, and anything you say will not be taken as an apology or corrective action for what you did but rather a way to appease her to make her happy at that moment. And nothing is going to piss her off more than you trying to make her feel better at that moment without dealing with the issue that got her in that state to begin with. If you don't think you did anything wrong, or at least can't see how SHE thinks you did anything wrong, you are only going to dig your hole deeper and deeper with every action and every word. Her "FINE" is a warning to you to put down your shovel and think about it before you continue.

I try and say what I mean, but yes, you captured it well. Thank you.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    0205b5b453_female-logic-funny-0.jpg
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    depends on how quick the "fine" was. its directly proportional to the ensuing shitstorm coming his way.
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    When i saw leave me alone it means get lost i cannot deal with you
    Its an evolutionary survival mechanism to keep cavewomen from losing their ish
    Doesn't mean i don't want tissues for my issues but i really cannot deal with you trying to fix my problems

^^^^^^^ THIS.... always....

^^^^^^^^ this... never... If I want attention I'll ask for it. I know not all women are so direct but after 9 years with an oblivious man I have learned to say exact what I need. (except in the bedroom, that one is just too sensitive!)
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

My 8 year old acts like this.
  • Leanne290
    Leanne290 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck to your friend. I wouldn't be so rude as to tell someone to leave me alone unless I'm really frustrated. For me it just means that I need some time to figure stuff out and it's not about the other person.
    If they've broken up sounds like there was a communication breakdown.
  • M3ltD0Vvn
    M3ltD0Vvn Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Did you try to reach around the back and turn it off then on again? Sometimes you have to jiggle the dongle then make sure its a tight fit...
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,129 Member
    Options

And people wonder why there is a communications problem? Seriously though, if she says "leave me alone", give her some space but let her know that you are there for her whenever she needs you.