Options
2»

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    tracefan wrote: »
    This is the issue. I can add mio and crystal light etc.. then it's not water. I don't WANT the chemicals That stuff is really NOT good for you at all .. all that does is add artificial sweeteners. My problem is just plain water/ Drinking the chemical stuff is fine.. I can do that.. but then I may as well drink Diet soda. I bought a huge YETI cup and that does help but normally it's just not something I even think about. it's terrible. I wish I could just chug water everyday. I'm adding limes and lemons again.. but still it's just blah. Thanks all for the advice. I'll try AGAIN

Yep, that's exactly how I get calorie-free hamburgers that I can eat as many of as I want. Once I put that patty in a bun and put cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, lettuce and tomato on it, it's not a hamburger patty anymore. So that means I don't have to log it, which must mean it's zero calories. Winning!

:trollface:

Humor aside, basically anything that's wet counts as water. Tea, coffee, diet soda (or even regular soda), gatorade, flavored waters, seltzer water, milk, fruit juice, etc., etc. You just have to watch for/account for the calories if it's something that's not a calorie free drink. Adding something to water doesn't magically make it "not water" anymore.
  • sharde8691
    sharde8691 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I started drinking a lot of water at an early age (11/12)..so now, I can't imagine NOT drinking water. I now don't crave for sweet drinks or soda. I may indulge once in awhile, but I can't drink a whole can of soda.
    I really think that you just have to get used to it. Get a big water bottle (mine can hold 55 ounces and I drink 90 ounces to 1 gallon of water a day) fill it up and drink it all day. Eventually, you get used to it and won't be able to go without it.
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    tracefan wrote: »
    This is the issue. I can add mio and crystal light etc.. then it's not water. I don't WANT the chemicals That stuff is really NOT good for you at all .. all that does is add artificial sweeteners. My problem is just plain water/ Drinking the chemical stuff is fine.. I can do that.. but then I may as well drink Diet soda. I bought a huge YETI cup and that does help but normally it's just not something I even think about. it's terrible. I wish I could just chug water everyday. I'm adding limes and lemons again.. but still it's just blah. Thanks all for the advice. I'll try AGAIN

Yep, that's exactly how I get calorie-free hamburgers that I can eat as many of as I want. Once I put that patty in a bun and put cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, lettuce and tomato on it, it's not a hamburger patty anymore. So that means I don't have to log it, which must mean it's zero calories. Winning!

:trollface:

Humor aside, basically anything that's wet counts as water. Tea, coffee, diet soda (or even regular soda), gatorade, flavored waters, seltzer water, milk, fruit juice, etc., etc. You just have to watch for/account for the calories if it's something that's not a calorie free drink. Adding something to water doesn't magically make it "not water" anymore.

Yes I get it... You get the gist of what I am saying however. I know. Thanks
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    sharde8691 wrote: »
    I started drinking a lot of water at an early age (11/12)..so now, I can't imagine NOT drinking water. I now don't crave for sweet drinks or soda. I may indulge once in awhile, but I can't drink a whole can of soda.
    I really think that you just have to get used to it. Get a big water bottle (mine can hold 55 ounces and I drink 90 ounces to 1 gallon of water a day) fill it up and drink it all day. Eventually, you get used to it and won't be able to go without it.

Thanks I'm really trying.. I've never been a soda drinker so that helps.. I'm trying sparkling water.. with added lime.. this is better so far.