Jillian Micheal's 30 day Shred

Options
2»

Replies

• renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I just got mine Thursday and I haven't tried it yet but I am ready too! I hear there is a lot of jumping and I am worried about shaking my floor and knocking things off. Guess my floor isn't all that sturdy! I told my hubby I want a tv and dvd player in the garage since the floor in there is concrete covered with carpet. I hear everyone say they love this dvd! I can't wait!!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Just did mine today.. And can I say wow:noway: lol.. My legs were a bit jiggly after it and toward the end wanted to throw up:sick: I'm good with the strenght training but cardio always has killed me:grumble: But I like this one cause she keeps switching it up and not in one area for very long and that's exactly what I need to keep me interested in it:tongue: Renae I think you'll like this.
    My plan is to do it on Sun.,Tues.,Thurs. and Sat.
    Wish me luck and good luck to you all as well:drinker:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Level one - i got comfortable with it now - and don't get out of breath like first coupple days.. definetely don't like the jumping stuff.. but i thought that my knees are hurting from the lounges ? I'm noticing some pain- not painfully -pain, but " kracking-making noise " stuff in my knees since i'm working out with her.. i don't know if that's something to worry about , am i putting to much stress on my knees ? or should i just ignore it until i get into better shape.. ?sometimes it's hard to know what kind of discomfort is normal and what not..

Do you do it every day? Were you exercising regularly before? I think it might be too much to do it every day if you were not already exercising before. You can do it every other day. Also try to do the modified version in the beginning. I have crackling noise in my knees but I am 45yrs old and I have been exercising more than half of my life. That should be pretty normal for someone like me. I was told recently that I am showing signs of arthritis in my knees, of course. That is not stopping me. I just love to exercise, it is the only thing that keeps me sane. :laugh: Also make sure your diet is healthy, eat calcium rich foods, take a calcium supplement, do strength trng etc. You want to work your quadriceps and hamstrings so your strong leg muscles protect your knees. If it gets worse consult your doctor. Good luck!!! :flowerforyou:
  • renae77
    Options
    Just did mine today.. And can I say wow:noway: lol.. My legs were a bit jiggly after it and toward the end wanted to throw up:sick: I'm good with the strenght training but cardio always has killed me:grumble: But I like this one cause she keeps switching it up and not in one area for very long and that's exactly what I need to keep me interested in it:tongue: Renae I think you'll like this.
    My plan is to do it on Sun.,Tues.,Thurs. and Sat.
    Wish me luck and good luck to you all as well:drinker:

-Adrienne:heart:

Thanks!! I need to try it out but I just did at least a 30 minute session on here with Nicole and she kicked my butt in cardio and strength training exercises. My butt is already getting sore and so are my thighs. It was a good one though. I will definately try it this week!!
  • Roxie65
    Roxie65 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Did my workout tonite level 1 burned 203 calories. I think I might add 1 more day next week been doing it every other day with Turbo Jam.
  • borac
    borac Posts: 174
    Options
    alf-

thanks for the response..

yes i have been working out before.. I workout pretty much for about 2 years now.. mostly did treadmill, hiking and tae-bo dvd's..
    yes . ,my goal was to do it 6 x a week for the month of januar.. well. .. after doing for about two weeks my knees hurt so much that i can hardly bend or do a squat.. i did go hiking today but i can't even think about doing another squat or jumping jack.. i think i will go back to the tae-bo dvd's 'till my knees recover a little..
    also bought the " yoga " from biggest looser. thought maybe that can help me out a little - in between those painfull ones ?
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Yes, I suggest you take a break from it as well. When you feel better go back but don't do it every day. I don't do it every day but when I do it I do two levels at a time. I love the challenge :tongue: I hope you feel better soon. :flowerforyou:
  • borac
    Options
    Thanks..

yes 2 levels sounds good.. - will try that too :flowerforyou:
  • lescalante
    Options
    Sounds like something I need to try. I need major work. I want to loose it fast and it sounds like this maybe a good thing to try.
    Thanks
  • renae77
    Options
    Ok I did mine this morning for the first time! Wow! I was drenched in sweat and I am already feeling sore as crap. My arms and my legs! But I did like it. It was a great workout!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! I didn't know you could sweat so much so fast. Even running on my treadmill doesn't make me sweat like that! (At least not in 20 minutes) I had to pause intermittently (for about 5 seconds) because I just couldn't keep with it the whole time!

I'm going to have to drink 2 extra liters of water today. :noway:
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am doing my Shred everyother day.. So tomorrow I would be on day 3 of level 1, except I am away for the weekend at my parents and forgot my dvd. So I am going to try to find it on Comcast on demand.

now the first day I did mine, the next day my chest and arms hurt ALOT more then my legs, and same thing with the next day. I can't seem to keep doing those jump rope things... My knees don't like those at all.

I will say I am doing pilates on the days I am not doing the Shred and I LOVE Pilates.

Oh I'm with you Shay, I LOVE Pilates and that's what I am doing now, actually it's called Malibu Pilates Chair but I did think about doing Jillian's 30-day shred which I also have on alternate days. I'm not sure, I really like Pilates and do 45 one day and 30 on alternates along with cardio. I burned over 900 calories today! I'm exhausted but feel good!
    :drinker:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    does the DVD tell you how often you should be doing the workout? Just wondering. I got mine in the mail on Thursday and plan on doing the workout this evening.
  • borac
    Options
    Well- at least don't make the mistake of thinking " 30 day shredd " should be done for 30 days :blushing: .. That was my goal and my motivation.. now i'm sitting here like a handicaped, have trouble with my knees - and than on top of that fell yesterday while hiking now i'm in double injury.

but i wouldn't recomend doing it everyday- esp. not if you are overweight.. since it is a huge pressure on the joints/knees etc.. lots of jumping

And i never thought you can sweat that much either.. i was surprised that i had that much sweat in me.. it was insane and while trying to " hold the weights" and breath - i noticed the sweat was just pouring down my face and actually was lending in my mouth eeewww.. but again- i had to " hold " the weights and not move.. - it's the ' millitary press with one leg up and weight up in the air '.. grrr the sweat is just pouring down..

maybe a little to much vision :)..
  • onwardfatgirl
    Options
    I just started doing this and it's kicking my *kitten*! I do it on the days that I don't/can't get to the gym and I've only done 3 days so far but HOLY ****! I love it. Jillian is the best.