124»

Replies

• Abrasue
    Abrasue Posts: 218 Member
    You look awesome!!!! That is all. :tongue:

lol thank you love :)
  • charc16
    charc16 Posts: 147 Member
    You look great! Wow...I am right about where you were when you started right now...great motivation!

Have you thought about Jillian Michael's 6 Week 6 Pack? I am finishing up her 30 Day Shred, but I have done 6W6P a few times and it is a SERIOUS ab workout, but it's also great for back, butt, arms...everything! Plus, it's like $12 from Target. Good luck!
  • Abrasue
    You look great! Wow...I am right about where you were when you started right now...great motivation!

Have you thought about Jillian Michael's 6 Week 6 Pack? I am finishing up her 30 Day Shred, but I have done 6W6P a few times and it is a SERIOUS ab workout, but it's also great for back, butt, arms...everything! Plus, it's like $12 from Target. Good luck!

Great idea!! thanks! :)
  • grimnir
    grimnir Posts: 61 Member
    I wouldn't worry about your legs, and you definitely don't have love handles or noticeable back fat, and any extra skin you might have will either slowly shrink down over time or it won't. In particular, it looks to me like your legs are just well-muscled, not fat-- they look very similar in shape to the gymnast I'm dating, and hers are absolutely rock hard when flexed.

You're thin enough at this point that you'll probably find it vastly more rewarding to forget about lbs or appearance goals and focus on fitness performance goals instead. You'll still get there eventually, but you won't be scrutinizing increasingly identical-looking pictures for some minute change and obsessing about how much you weigh. Instead you'll be able to see yourself continue to change and improve reasonably quickly over time by what you're increasingly capable of doing. :-)
  • RhysUK
    RhysUK Posts: 8
    wow!

You look amazing, you should be very proud of yourself.
    I think it's a great idea for you to start doing more free weights.

I hang out at the gym a lot and have a personal trainer, so whilst I'm not an expert, this is what I have learned from talking to her and others at the Gym:

Women cannot get "too big" if they lift weights, to get to the level of muscle mass that some consider to be unattractive and unfeminine takes a HUGE effort involving specific diets and exercises - it cannot happen by accident :)

To have a "proper" 6 pack most women (and indeed men) would have to reduce their body fat to unhealthy levels, so please be careful.

You can certainly get more tone and definition by moving to free weights, it will also help improve core strength since you are having to use a lot more effort to keep in balance.

Take care and keep us posted!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    I can't see you in the 2nd set of pics. Where are you? :laugh: Just mix up exercise routines. If you do the same ones all the time, your muscles get lazy and they need muscle confusion by switching up with different exercises.
  • LaraRN
    LaraRN Posts: 128 Member
    You look great! Maybe this is your body's way of telling you that this is the weight/size/tone for you? I def see more definition and muscle tone in the second set of pictures! Congratulations!!
  • Abrasue
    I wouldn't worry about your legs, and you definitely don't have love handles or noticeable back fat, and any extra skin you might have will either slowly shrink down over time or it won't. In particular, it looks to me like your legs are just well-muscled, not fat-- they look very similar in shape to the gymnast I'm dating, and hers are absolutely rock hard when flexed.

You're thin enough at this point that you'll probably find it vastly more rewarding to forget about lbs or appearance goals and focus on fitness performance goals instead. You'll still get there eventually, but you won't be scrutinizing increasingly identical-looking pictures for some minute change and obsessing about how much you weigh. Instead you'll be able to see yourself continue to change and improve reasonably quickly over time by what you're increasingly capable of doing. :-)

okay bud. I was simply dumbed bc I've been working my *kitten* off for the past month and I myself, do not see very much change. sorry for posting about what was important and challenging for ME. And, like I said in earlier post, i'm not concerned on the number anymore. but yes, how I look is still going to be important....I'm a girl, shoot me.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!