Pizza is life lol
  • lainy1979
    lainy1979 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm having full on cheesy doughy cravings now lol
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    And why would you stop? Moderation my friend, moderation. You can eat anything you want just use good judgment, like ordering a slice or a small pie instead of a large. Opt to make your own. Good luck man!
  • schmanciepants
    schmanciepants Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Lunch today was a slice of Whole Foods pizza and a big salad - it was delicious, and under 500 calories!
  • SoleilxStitch
    SoleilxStitch Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, I love pizza, order it when I am drunk and me and my brother order in Pizza hut every week. I'm trying to just allow one every fortnight for now or just buying shop ones and eating half.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Um...maybe stop buying pizza

michael-jordan-the-shrug.jpg
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    add beer or wine and I will come join you. YUM!
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I remember reading recently a very good tennis player (possibly Novak Djokovic) used to eat pizza before playing tennis. So there's that.
  • sweetgal2301
    sweetgal2301 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Even if you stay within your calorie limit pizza every day is bad. What is bad is the combination of fats and carbs together in a pizza (carbs through glycolysis is the default energy producer. Thus all the fats get stored. And plus if there's extra carbs that you consume per day they will be converted to fat). Either you go low carb or you go low fat. Pizza, pasta etc generally is high in both.
    My way to combat this .... since I am in a ketogenic diet these days
    1. There is a recipe for cauliflower pizza crust that is delicious. I was skeptical at first until I tasted it. Since I am on a ketosis diet I add all the fats, cheese, meat on top of the crust and bake it for 20 minutes and I now have pizza
    2. A pizza crust made out of almond flour and psyllium husk. Yummmmm
    If you look around the web you can ding alternatives.

OR
    Do the normal pizza dough with no cheese, fats, very little meat with lots of vegetables.
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with pizza? Keep eating it. Don't limit yourself.
  • daltonjsmom
    daltonjsmom Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have a serving of thin crust veggie pizza and a small glass of wine every week or 2--never more than 500 calories. I am on 1200 calories per day, so that seems reasonable to me. I add a sprinkle of hot peppers eat it super slowly and enjoy every single bite. This allows me to go out to dinner with my family or have friends over to the house. I order a whole one, but since I have a 14 year old in my house, getting rid of the leftovers is never a problem.
  • Canadiamie
    Canadiamie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You WONT stop eating pizza. There is a big difference. Man up and take responsibility for your actions.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Even if you stay within your calorie limit pizza every day is bad. What is bad is the combination of fats and carbs together in a pizza (carbs through glycolysis is the default energy producer. Thus all the fats get stored. And plus if there's extra carbs that you consume per day they will be converted to fat). Either you go low carb or you go low fat. Pizza, pasta etc generally is high in both.
    1. There is a recipe for cauliflower pizza crust that is delicious. I was skeptical at first until I tasted it. Since I am on a ketosis diet I add all the fats, cheese, meat on top of the crust and bake it for 20 minutes and I now have pizza

OR
    Do the normal pizza dough with no cheese, fats, very little meat with lots of vegetables.

Huh, what? (Cauliflower crust is not delicious.)
  • MadamSabs
    MadamSabs Posts: 14 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Maybe you could try making your own pizza at home, using lower calorie ingredients :):)
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

OR

1. If it has cauliflower, it's a vegetable casserole, not pizza
    2. gross

OR
    Eat pizza EVERY DAY if you can fit it in your calories and macro-nutrient requirements. You can make pizza fit your macros daily.
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    try making it on flat-out bread with low fat mozarella. it's not quite as satisfying, but it'll do the job for about the same calories as one slice of pizza. recently, i've been getting thin crust, light cheese pizza from papa-johns, which is about 300 calories a slice. i ask them to to cut into squares. by the time I have 4 squares filling my small paper plate, i feel like i'm having a good amount of pizza, but it comes out to like 1.5-2 slices worth.
  • DrPizza
    DrPizza Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Pizza is happiness. Pizza is muscle gainz. Pizza is life. Order one tonight and feast upon the riches it shall bring you, Doctor's orders.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,157 Member
    Options
    Just fit it into your calories. Nothing wrong with pizza a couple of times a week.