Winter storms...what flies off the market shelves where u are?

Options
_JustNate_
_JustNate_ Posts: 68 Member
Down south its milk and bread. What about the northern states? Birth Control maybe?

Replies

• JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    i went to 4 diff stores to find water, couldn't all sold out...got lucky and the last place closest to me had 7 cases left i bought 4. Left 3 for someone. Im thoughtful.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    Alcohol

and Milk, bread, and eggs.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    at least people stockpiling the most perishable items leaves the best stuff for survival available for looting after the start of the zombie apocalypse.
  • sw33tp3a15
    sw33tp3a15 Posts: 1,674 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Nothing really. Winter storms in St. Louis are rare.
  • _JustNate_
    _JustNate_ Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I went n my lunch break today just because we are expecting 6" here in arkansas but, sunday it's supposed to be 60 degrees. Bread was almost gone and there was a line for the milk....I slipped through and grabbed a 1/2 gallon for the kids cereal
  • JeffreyMGiron
    Options
    _JustNate_ wrote: »
    I went n my lunch break today just because we are expecting 6" here in arkansas but, sunday it's supposed to be 60 degrees. Bread was almost gone and there was a line for the milk....I slipped through and grabbed a 1/2 gallon for the kids cereal

6" meanwhile we are expecting 2-3 ft here lmao.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Well, I live in the mountain of Colorado and let me tell you that if the snow does get REALLY deep, it's not something to joke about. Even if you are prepared, all kinds of unexpected things can happen.

We had 10 feet of snow from one storm in 2003. Houses burned down and people died of heart attacks because fire trucks couldn't get through. Several buildings collasped.

Our grocery stores were wiped clean and it took weeks for them to be fully stocked again because the trains that bring the food to the warehouses were stopped by the deep snow.

Not trying to scare anyone, just saying that it's better to stock up just in case it really does get as bad as the predictions.

• Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I also live in Colorado, but not the mountains. There is very, very little danger of our grocery stores running out of food. There must be a grocery on nearly every major corner of the city.

In the event that a HUGE storm is predicted, we always stock up on alcohol and snacks. Best way to weather the storm :)
  • cgolden1701
    cgolden1701 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    in Bakersfield, CA, we dont have many winter storms. But I would guess since we are ranked as like the number one drunkest city in the USA (from what I was told) it would be beer, and liquor. Lets party!
  • StrongerMomto7
    StrongerMomto7 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Milk, Bread, Eggs, Beer and board/card games! I guess folks can make french toast, get drunk, and play games. ;)
  • DrFever100
    DrFever100 Posts: 5,899 Member
    Options
    Greater Toronto Area..... Salt flies fast... the rest? No Blizzard stops us from still getting our stuff done hahaha slower but it still gets done.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    DrFever100 wrote: »
    Greater Toronto Area..... Salt flies fast... the rest? No Blizzard stops us from still getting our stuff done hahaha slower but it still gets done.

haha this is true. Remember the ice storm a few years ago? No salt for weeks
  • JeffreyMGiron
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

apparently they ran out of salt here, and now i must shovel harder than ive ever shoveled before if it snows as much as expected.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    im in Ontario Canada and umm nothing flies off the shelves here when a storm is coming

if we need something we will go out and get it cause we aint chicken *kitten* who can't drive in a storm

if there was a really really really bad one coming people might stock up on some more food & water
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I am in nc. Seriously we might be stuck for a day, maybe 2. No need to stock up on anything but you can't find a loaf of bread or milk in a 20 mile radius! Lol.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    french toast supplies - milk, eggs, bread ;)

and for hurricanes add beer.
  • DrFever100
    DrFever100 Posts: 5,899 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

Remember all too well!! They are still removing trees because of it.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    Alcohol

and Milk, bread, and eggs.

Ls
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,768 Member
    Options
    Bathing suits.