Join me in a 3-week sprint to kick off 2016!

Options

Replies

• Becky_44
    Becky_44 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have to admit something. Yesterday I totally blew it.

I had one of the worst days of work ever. I left angry, frustrated, and just flat out didn't care about anything. I was so upset I decided to throw my diet out the window (luckily I had already worked out first thing in the morning).

My wife and I ordered Chinese food, I bought a six pack of beer, and I just said: Screw it!

I'm not proud of it. But I'm also not ashamed of myself. I'm not perfect, nobody's perfect. We're all human beings out there doing our best.

What's really important, as we are in the midst of an important challenge, is that I get back on that horse today and really make it count.

So this morning, I'm back. I already went to an exercise class and burned 500+ calories (according to my heart rate monitor) and my diet is in check. And all this while being up almost all night still upset about my job.

The moral: Your best is always good enough! But you have to always get back up when life pushes you down.

Let's have a great day.

So sorry Matt! You are always so awesome I wouldn't call it blowing it, you just needed a break! I know you'll be fine goal wise, even before that aqesome 500 cal burn, but I hope all the other crap with work gets worked out.
  • mtjohnston42
    mtjohnston42 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You guys are the best!
  • sjaochico377
    sjaochico377 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just seeing this now, I guess it's too late for me to join.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh...i dont think it's ever too late. I'm sure everyone here would agree.
  • Becky_44
    Options
    Join in! Almost done with the week, but still days left, maybe it will help encourage you the next few days. (I lose track exactly cause of people in different countries posting. ) But there will be another, this is the third one I have done with Matt, not sure if Christmas was his first he started. Then you can get in on the next. :) Plus you can make some more friends!
    Just seeing this now, I guess it's too late for me to join.

• Marikanna
    Marikanna Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It's All good, matt. You did what you needed to do yesterday and you are doing what you need to do today! Keep up the good work everyone!

Welcome @sjaochico377
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    This three week challenge is already in its final stretch! Can you believe it! So proud of everyone here! Great work committing to feeling better and being the person you want to be every day.
  • momallnight
    momallnight Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Finishing up here I guess. Wow time really flies I'm down a couple more pounds. Looking forward to a possible Snowday or two here in Virginia. Hope everyone stays warm and safe.
  • Becky_44
    Options
    It's been a really great 3 weeks for me. A lot of ups and downs, but these sprints you have laid out here Matt, are the sole reason I have been able to have far more consistency In the past month or so, then I have in a year and a half. My running has fallen backwards and I have figured out it's do to my pushing myself with my walking/steps/floors. My steps gave me a good excuse to not do squats I felt, lmao! But I have it figured out now, and I think February is going to be much better and I will be able to move through my running. My logging has been consistent everyday this month, where it wasn't the first two sprints or even the last year and half I spent mostly not on mfp. My choices with junk food hasn't been quite to my liking, but I have drank much less, have had less soda and less chocolate and I have still stayed under my net calorie goal each week. I have lost weight and am at my lowest for January, which is the second lowest I have been in a year and a half. I got just lower in November when I ran my first 5k race. But gained back in December. This has been a really positive thing for me, of all there is here at MFP, I appreciate you Matt, these sprints, and the rest of you here offering support, encouragement and motivation!
  • janetlynn31
    janetlynn31 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Matt - Sure glad I'm not the only one who throws in the towel on occasion! I have to ask though - did you log it anyway??
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    Matt - Sure glad I'm not the only one who throws in the towel on occasion! I have to ask though - did you log it anyway??

No! I did not! Completely fell off the wagon. Then crawled back on the next morning.
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    Becky_44 wrote: »
    It's been a really great 3 weeks for me. A lot of ups and downs, but these sprints you have laid out here Matt, are the sole reason I have been able to have far more consistency In the past month or so, then I have in a year and a half. My running has fallen backwards and I have figured out it's do to my pushing myself with my walking/steps/floors. My steps gave me a good excuse to not do squats I felt, lmao! But I have it figured out now, and I think February is going to be much better and I will be able to move through my running. My logging has been consistent everyday this month, where it wasn't the first two sprints or even the last year and half I spent mostly not on mfp. My choices with junk food hasn't been quite to my liking, but I have drank much less, have had less soda and less chocolate and I have still stayed under my net calorie goal each week. I have lost weight and am at my lowest for January, which is the second lowest I have been in a year and a half. I got just lower in November when I ran my first 5k race. But gained back in December. This has been a really positive thing for me, of all there is here at MFP, I appreciate you Matt, these sprints, and the rest of you here offering support, encouragement and motivation!

I'm so happy for you! And so glad this challenge has improved your life. I want to see everyone here feeling their best as often as they can by doing their best every day. Congratulations on your hard work! It's paying off!
  • Working2BBetter
    Working2BBetter Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Happy Friday. :-)

I'm happy to say these 3 weeks have produced the results I was hoping for - through lots of hard work, discipline and self control...

Looking forward to hitting my goal within the next 6 weeks!
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Happy Friday. :-)

I'm happy to say these 3 weeks have produced the results I was hoping for - through lots of hard work, discipline and self control...

Looking forward to hitting my goal within the next 6 weeks!

That's amazing news!!!!
  • janetlynn31
    janetlynn31 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Pigged out on pizza tonight. I logged it. It's over. The rest of the day was on target so it wasn't a total loss. Onward.
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    FINAL WEEKEND! Final two days!!!! Wow!!! Let's goooooooooooooooooooooo
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I've had a very up and down couple of weeks but when I look at the week's view of my macros and calories, I still did great! The big picture is very important to keep in in when you are having a bad day.

Something that I have noticed myself doing recently....

When I am having a bad calorie day I really just want to throw in the towel and not log. Sometimes I log part of what I had and go to bed in disgust. But, the next day, with a renewed sense of determination, I have gone back and carefully logged it all. In the daylight it turns out to not be as bad as I thought.

I've lost about 4 pounds since we started. I'm calling it a WIN!

THANKS FOR ALL OF THE INSPIRATION EVERYONE!
  • Becky_44
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    I've had a very up and down couple of weeks but when I look at the week's view of my macros and calories, I still did great! The big picture is very important to keep in in when you are having a bad day.

Something that I have noticed myself doing recently....

When I am having a bad calorie day I really just want to throw in the towel and not log. Sometimes I log part of what I had and go to bed in disgust. But, the next day, with a renewed sense of determination, I have gone back and carefully logged it all. In the daylight it turns out to not be as bad as I thought.

I've lost about 4 pounds since we started. I'm calling it a WIN!

THANKS FOR ALL OF THE INSPIRATION EVERYONE!

Most definitely a win! Wtg!
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    Can you believe it??? Just one more day!!! 3 Weeks goes by fast doesn't it ..... let's go!! :smiley:
  • Working2BBetter
    Working2BBetter Posts: 219 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

No! I did not! Completely fell off the wagon. Then crawled back on the next morning.

You did great getting back on the wagon!