wishbone - balsemic, 2 tbsp 60
    total 515
    Get crackin' wonderful - Pistachios, 23 g 130
    My 1st bento
    a0d5bvm52o2k.jpg
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    @clh72569 Nice prep! All your bentos look amazing!

ldb6j16wffgv.jpg

This is my non so pretty contribution... I'm moving house so most of my stuff has been packed away. :cry:

Egg salad with chicken bites and Gouda babybels!
  • Missisnotmyfirstname
    Options
    g5n4kzcfnc8b.jpg
    My new bento box. Wish I'd been shopping because it isn't very inspiring!
  • sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    dcdlanhevnfe.jpeg
    Here are my bentos for the next couple days:

Gyro boxes

Layer one: gyro meat, tzatziki, and raspberries
    Layer two: salad with olives, feta, peppers, artichoke heart, carrots, tomato, onion and vinaigrette

I had a couple bentos over the weekend too but I didn't get pictures. One was BBQ beef with cherry yogurt and spicy pickles and the other was green curry egg salad and turmeric potatoes. Both had fruit and salad.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, NOW my phone will connect to my computer! >.>

So here's my table-full of bentos that I packed this weekend. Took about 2 hours Saturday morning, including making the onigiri.
    I had the blue one at the top left for lunch Saturday: onigiri, shrimp, edamame, hummus, and pita chips (I ate it shortly after packing it, so the chips didn't get stale. I needed something portable to take to my dance studio to eat between classes)
    Yesterday I had the pink one at the top right: leftover zucchini-turkey burger meat, mixed veggies, rice, and side salad (although I didn't eat the salad b/c I forgot the salad dressing & it was looking a little iffy so I didn't want to try to choke it down dry)
    Today I have the red one at the bottom right: onigiri, edamame, a boiled egg, and some fruit.
    I'll take the last 2 later this week: the bottom left one has onigiri, shrimp, a boiled egg, and some fruit; the top middle one has leftover rice from making onigiri, shrimp, edamame, and a side salad.

vel8sl1gcgde.jpg

I wanted to post this to show that 1) it doesn't take all that much time to pack for the week, and 2) you can mix-and-match the same 4 or so items (in this case: onigiri, shrimp, edamame, and boiled eggs) to make a slightly different meal each day so that it doesn't feel like the same thing. Or, as shown in the pink bento, just throw your dinner leftovers in there and be done :)
  • nixology
    nixology Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Today, I wanted a simple lunch so it was marinated smoked salmon canapes for lunch. Made a spread of sour cream, cream cheese, a little raw honey, loads of whole grain mustard and a little black pepper. Smeared it on some soft, thin bread and rolled it up with the salmon. With some tangy green apples, it made a simple but nutritious lunch. Packed it all in Babi Bento and away to work we went.

t3g2f82s5qth.jpg
  • Ginny218
    Ginny218 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    uozzs5173bw2.jpg
    calories 650 - lunch and part of my snacks
  • Ginny218
    Options
    2pdakbk7kizr.jpg
    3rd one - 710 snack and lunch
  • Ginny218
    Options
    well how am i doing... still getting the hang of this...
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Ginny218 wrote: »

I think they look awesome! If you had fun, and enjoyed eating your lunch/snack, I call it a win.
  • sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Boxes for the next two days (I find it easier to pack multiple)
    zjgjg0s1hsfh.jpeg
    One is another gyro box and the other is leftover pork rib meat with BBQ sauce, pineapple, and the last of the corn beef with some smoked jack cheese in the bottom with the salad
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options

I think you are doing lovely! Better than mine, lol. I know want chicken and peas for lunch for some reason. ^_^
    Ooooh, NOW my phone will connect to my computer! >.>

I wanted to post this to show that 1) it doesn't take all that much time to pack for the week, and 2) you can mix-and-match the same 4 or so items (in this case: onigiri, shrimp, edamame, and boiled eggs) to make a slightly different meal each day so that it doesn't feel like the same thing. Or, as shown in the pink bento, just throw your dinner leftovers in there and be done :)

I am so glad your phone will connect to your computer, this is an awesome idea and @clh72569, these both give me ideas on how I might make sure hubby has lunch everyday or at least me!!

Everyone's lunches look super tasty!

Leftover lunch for husband, chicken parm, green beans, and pasta. cd7c791de30fdab146a81b6152a3c565.jpg

And my lunch miso chicken, butter rice, and carrots 4421e3aea558a4b191a27c86e90f83d1.jpg
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I think you're doing splendidly ^__^
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Are you finding that your current lunchboxes have too much food? Not enough? Are food items getting damaged in transport? Do they taste worse than when you packed them?

If your answer is no to all of those questions, then your bento is working fine. They certainly look tasty to me ^_^

I've been doing lots of leftovers bentos recently, and keep forgetting to take pictures until it's too late. Maybe I'll remember to take a picture of today's before I actually eat it.
  • Arianera
    Arianera Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    qvdnpv0eu8jy.jpg

Sesame noodles made with leftover elbows, kuri squash, spinach and watermelon radish - approx 300 cals
    I made 2 portions, ate one for dinner and packed the other bento-style for tomorrow's lunch.
  • Brenda315
    Brenda315 Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have been using bento boxes for a while for my kids. I have started to use them for myself now that I count calories because it is just easier and because I am a little obsessed with lunch boxes. ;) The ones I use the most are Laptop Lunches, Lunch Blox, and my favorite... Yumbox! I work at a pediatric rehab clinic so I eat breakfast and lunch when hunger strikes or when my schedule allows it. I pack one Yumbox for breakfast and one for lunch as they provide the perfect portion sizes for me and most important they are leak-proof so I can toss them in my purse or in an insulated lunch bag and not worry about food getting all over my stuff. I do not create cute stuff for myself but my food simply does look more appetizing in a Bento box than in Ziploc baggies or a variety of mismatched containers. I have an instragam page just for my lunch boxes. Feel free to check it out @kidlunchboxes.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Todays bento: bulgogi beef mini-meatballs, a badly peeled boiled egg, and a mix of blanched cabbage, carrot, radish and asparagus tossed in a bit of garlic, lemon juice, sesame oil and black pepper.
    kim8btd2ovgx.jpg
  • Windchild
    Windchild Posts: 129 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi! I've been lurking for a while. I just thought I'd finally pop out of the shadows to say I LOVE this thread! <3 All of you guys' lunches look so yummy! And a lot of the bento boxes are so cute. It makes me want to try to create bento boxes even more than I did before. I do take my lunches to work, but nothing as good as what you guys do, or in any particular box. I just stuff my lunch in whatever generic gladware or plastic baggie I have and go. :smile: Keep it up! I'm gonna go back to lurkville now.
  • LHWhite903
    LHWhite903 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I make salads in a box for lunch/dinner sometimes, so, that's something.
    I really like this show, so, if I could have any bento boxes, I would have something like this one:
    s-l300.jpg
    fa1aa4707c1ccd63fc26b4f052f33836.jpg
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Windchild wrote: »
    Hi! I've been lurking for a while. I just thought I'd finally pop out of the shadows to say I LOVE this thread! <3 All of you guys' lunches look so yummy! And a lot of the bento boxes are so cute. It makes me want to try to create bento boxes even more than I did before. I do take my lunches to work, but nothing as good as what you guys do, or in any particular box. I just stuff my lunch in whatever generic gladware or plastic baggie I have and go. :smile: Keep it up! I'm gonna go back to lurkville now.
    You should definitely join in on the bento movement. ^^ The more the merrier!
    LHWhite903 wrote: »
    I make salads in a box for lunch/dinner sometimes, so, that's something.
    I really like this show, so, if I could have any bento boxes, I would have something like this one:
    That's a nice box! Making the food to go in that box (the second pic) would be a bit of work though because of the delicious foods but also that style of bento, which I believe is called kyaraben (character bento), is more elaborate, artistic, (and in my case) difficult hehe >.o;

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but you've talked a bit about kyaraben before, haven't you, @mangrothian? For some reason something stands out to me about the mentioning of chemicals and what has to be used to make a kyaraben look like that, but I may just be too tired this morning. Either way, have you tried them/do you like them?