I REALLY need to lose weight in 14 Days!!!

Options

Replies

• LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Liposuction, amputation, and organ donations are some of the various ways to lose weight in a very short amount of time.

Or you could just stick with the healthy way and just keep on keeping on thru your 14 days, regardless of your weight.

Hahahaha this was so funny I had to read it to my husband, who also cracked up.

I agree with everyone here - the healthy way is better, even if it's slower. Unhealthy ways will just make you (1) gain all the weight back afterwards and (2) make it much harder to lose the weight again.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    the head weighs about 10 pounds... I am sure you could do without?

WTF??!! hahahahahah i freakin love you!!

me too!
    :flowerforyou:
  • stillababe2011
    Options
    (Well.....not everyone)
  • bebe3232
    bebe3232 Posts: 43
    Options
    Secondly, Its ok to be concerned for someones health but why be so mean. Isn't the site for support? Not to be torn apart for asking a question.
  • riacurtis
    riacurtis Posts: 37 Member
    Options

Omg!!! So funny....
  • VanessaFaith
    VanessaFaith Posts: 171 Member
    Options

I just tried to smash your bug! LOL (seriously)
  • nirsky
    nirsky Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would loos more then 2 LB per week.
    Run 5 times a week, eat 1000 calories less than you need everyday.

I lost 14 LB that way in 14 days.
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Nothing is THAT important to have to lose that much weight in 14 days. You should be doing this for yourself, not for others. If your aim is to try to impress someone else, if that person doesn't accept you the way you are, then they're really not worth it in the end are they? We can really tell who our true friends are while fighting the battle of the bulge. Don't do it! More weight will come on later. Your body goes into starvation mode, your metabolism slows down, and you sabotage yourself. It didn't go on all at once, so it isn't going to come off all at once....be patient!

Here is something I pulled from an article on the effects of crash dieting:

Someone who is attempting to crash diet is likely to experience intense hunger, misery, depression, low energy and tiredness, and food cravings.

More serious health effects include impaired immunity, electrolyte imbalances, reduced red and white blood cell counts, organ failure (including liver, kidney and heart), and osteoporosis.

The irony is that although a crash dieter will be malnourished due to not getting enough vitamins and minerals and vital nutrients from food, food will consume their thoughts for much of the time.

Rapid weight loss is often seen during a crash diet, and while this may be perceived as a positive thing, the reality is that water and muscle mass, as well as fat is being lost.

(Muscle is metabolically active (it burns calories) whereas fat is metabolically inactive.)

I know you're thinking "What's 14 days, that can't hurt me"....you're forming a dangerous new habit......please don't! Listen to everyone on here.

good points. Crash dieting makes you NOT FUN to be around. So if you are doing this for someone else, it's not going to work. If you're doing it for yourself, it's not worth it.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. You can't make a drastic change in 14 days. Even if you lost a great number of pounds, it wouldn't be pounds of fat. That takes time, exercise and GOOD nutrition.

But you CAN wear really flattering clothes, and look like you've dropped a lot. Go look at before & afters on What Not To Wear, and figure out what kind of clothes accentuate your body type. Generally speaking, something with a wide fitted waistband higher than your natural waist (just under the boobs) that floats away from the body under the band is going to make you look smaller, since it shows the smallest part of your body, and makes you legs look longer. The right clothes will make you look like you lost 20 lbs.

Whatever the event is, you deserve to go into it feeling great about yourself. Trying to lose a huge number of pounds is only setting yourself up for disappointment. Work towards a goal, in the right way, and get yourself something fantastic to wear. Take this as a lesson learned, "I'm worth treating myself right ALL the time, not just when an event is coming up."

What an amazing response. This is the answer.
    I apologize if I wasn't as supportive as I could have been in the first response I gave. Those are legitimate ways to make you weigh less, but of course, they aren't 'real' options for normal people. Follow the advice in what I quoted, then really get down to it and change your life. Get active, eat healthy, decent portions of great foods. Don't skim on sleep. You can change your life, we all can. It will take longer than 14 days but it will be worth it. And at your next big event, whatever it may be, you will be healthier, and happier.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options

I just tried to smash your bug! LOL (seriously)

LMAO!!! I started to swat at it the first time I saw it too!! LOL!!
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    I agree! I have also tried Phentramine and not only did it not really do much for me but it made me CRAZY! Like serious mood swings and stuff!!
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose a bunch of weight quick is what got many of us here in the first place. That mindset is short sighted, and it sets up a pattern that causes weight GAIN over time.

I've been using the analogy of a budget when people ask me how I've gotten back in shape. If you like to spend money but don't keep any track of what you make and what you spend, you will have financial problems. If you spend more than you make using credit, you'll have a huge financial problem.

The same goes for food. If you like to eat but don't keep track of what you eat (take in) and how much you exercise (spend) and you will end up with a weight problem.

The fix is also similar. People who have financial troubles put themselves on a strict budget and eventually over time they get out of trouble. Put yourself on a good calorie budget and eventually over time you will be rid of your weight problem.

You can't fix either problem in 2 weeks.

Just say no. Stay on a calorie budget for the rest of your life.
  • bexxw
    bexxw Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    In a pinch, the scarsdale diet will drop you around 14 lbs in 14 day if you are really strict about it you should be able to find it if you google scarsdale medical diet, it should be the second link google finds.. Its a 2 week on 2 week off diet, SO only do it for the 14 days, but it should get at least a stone off you quick..
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    That is easy! I dropped 14 lbs in a day but you have to be about 9 months pregnant for this to happen...
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I am 23
    5'5"
    12st 8lbs or 176lbs

Okay! I know it't not healthy but its not long term I need to lose a LARGE amount of weight in 14 days its for something very special and I want to have lost a good bit of excess weight for it, please please please has anyone got any advice for this???

I URGENTLY NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT IT IS SO IMPORTANT!!! please anyone lost loads a weight in that time? anyone know what to do? I am willing to do anything it takes to lose a substantial amount (NOTICEABLE) I need it to be noticeable!!!

Really? What could be so important? You said you know it's not healthy. Why purposely do something you know is not healthy??? You say it has to be NOTICEABLE... so I'm guessing here that there is someone (or ones) you want to NOTICE... maybe you need to think about why that's so important to you... and IF it really is! If they are going to judge you by how you look, do you really care what they think??
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    55 replies and NO response from the OP? When are we going to learn to stop feeding the trolls?
  • bexxw
    Options
    In a pinch, the scarsdale diet will drop you around 14 lbs in 14 day if you are really strict about it you should be able to find it if you google scarsdale medical diet, it should be the second link google finds.. Its a 2 week on 2 week off diet, SO only do it for the 14 days, but it should get at least a stone off you quick..

sorry ps.. the two weeks off there is a 'maintenance' menu, that will help you ease back into a more healthy pace without yo-yoing...

Regardless of how much you do or don't lose in the next two weeks, just walk into your event, put a big smile on your face and know you're making great decisions and be proud of yourself! (GOK's how to look good naked on 4OD has some really good fashion tips also :) Good luck to you!
  • bexxw
    Options
    55 replies and NO response from the OP? When are we going to learn to stop feeding the trolls?

That's pretty harsh.. its only been like an hour and a half since the OP...
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Nothing is THAT important to have to lose that much weight in 14 days. You should be doing this for yourself, not for others. If your aim is to try to impress someone else, if that person doesn't accept you the way you are, then they're really not worth it in the end are they? We can really tell who our true friends are while fighting the battle of the bulge. Don't do it! More weight will come on later. Your body goes into starvation mode, your metabolism slows down, and you sabotage yourself. It didn't go on all at once, so it isn't going to come off all at once....be patient!

Here is something I pulled from an article on the effects of crash dieting:

Someone who is attempting to crash diet is likely to experience intense hunger, misery, depression, low energy and tiredness, and food cravings.

More serious health effects include impaired immunity, electrolyte imbalances, reduced red and white blood cell counts, organ failure (including liver, kidney and heart), and osteoporosis.

The irony is that although a crash dieter will be malnourished due to not getting enough vitamins and minerals and vital nutrients from food, food will consume their thoughts for much of the time.

Rapid weight loss is often seen during a crash diet, and while this may be perceived as a positive thing, the reality is that water and muscle mass, as well as fat is being lost.

(Muscle is metabolically active (it burns calories) whereas fat is metabolically inactive.)

I know you're thinking "What's 14 days, that can't hurt me"....you're forming a dangerous new habit......please don't! Listen to everyone on here.

I agree with you. This is the best post for advice for her. She should listen to you!!
  • rosadona
    rosadona Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    any weight lost in two weeks over about 6 pounds (even that is pushing it) will either be mostly water weight or will be a loss of muscle, too. muscle burns calories in your body (about 50 extra calories per day per pound of muscle), so if you go on an extreme weight loss diet for the next two weeks and lose muscle mass as a result you will only harm your chances of future weight losses. not to mention that if you have had trouble losing weight in a reasonable manner in the past it is unlikely you will be able to stick to any sort of crazy diet plan (ie only 800 calories a day, only vegetables and one protein, etc) - which just means you're setting yourself up for guilt and binges by trying.
    eat small meals, often. eat lots of whole foods that don't have ingredient lists (chicken, turkey, vegetables, fruits, high fiber oats, etc) and drink lots of water. exercise, but not to the point of extreme exhaustion (as this, too, can cause loss of muscle mass unless your diet is TOTALLY on point and you are fueling with the exact right foods at the exact right time, which most people other than nutritionists and professional athletes do not really understand). just be moderate with everything and you will lose SOME weight, but not so much that it will be detrimental to your health and future goals.
    good luck.