I just ate an entire box of Girl Scout cookies. Help!

Options
_Waffle_
_Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
The sad thing is that this guy at work has more of them and I'm tempted to buy another box.

130 calories for 2 cookies. 7 servings in a box. That's 910 calories. How do I stop eating more?

Replies

• 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    cant eat more if you dont buy another box.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,915 Member
    Options
    My very first binge food was Girl Scout cookies. To this day, I am unable to moderate them, and so I DO NOT BUY THEM. I give cash directly to the Girl Scouts, no cookies needed.
  • _Waffle_
    Options
  • Buckeye_Dave
    Buckeye_Dave Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on!
  • _Waffle_
    Options
    If I do eat another box, which one is the least amount of calories? I'm just trying to make better bad decisions.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    You made a mistake, everyone does. Learn from it, log it, and move on. Your best bet is to NOT buy them to keep in your house or office. If some offers you some from their box, go ahead and have a few, but if you don't have the box in your control, you're not going to eat the whole thing! It's why I don't keep bags of certain things in my house. If I want chips, I go get a small bag at the store, but if I kept a large bag in the house, it would disappear quite rapidly!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,915 Member
    Options
    Ok, now I think you're joking.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Ok, now I think you're joking.

I'm with you!
  • _Waffle_
    Options
    I'll just donate money I guess. For now I'm safe since I only brought enough cash for one box. I'll have to deal with all of this again tomorrow. *sigh*
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Let me send you my address -- I'll take them off your hands! :p

According to the calorie listings, you can eat more Trefoils for fewer calories. But really? You picked the right ones: Peanut Butter Patties FTW.
  • Buckeye_Dave
    Options
    yep, troll alert
  • _Waffle_
    Options
    yep, troll alert

Not at all. Do you know how easy it is to eat the entire box of peanut butter patties? Sadly they don't really fill you up as much as you'd think.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people are sentimental about Girl Scout Cookies. They are not that awesome to me- no more awesome than cookies on the shelves at the store every single day. How do you deal with regular cookies?

1. Plan a reasonable portion. Log it. Eat it. Move on. Have a reasonable portion every day.
    2. Eat a whole box. Log it. Move on. Eat less of other foods or exercise more if you want to fit a whole box in your day.
    3. Don't buy any more this week/month. You had your box of cookies.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    were they good?

lol
  • annie_37
    annie_37 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    lxtw3o6pnxu8.jpg

Well, at least you chose the best kind.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    I'm just trying to make better bad decisions.

that is the story of my life.

however, mine typically revolve around men and not cookies.

peanut butter cups, on the other hand.....

• _Waffle_
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I think a lot of people are sentimental about Girl Scout Cookies. They are not that awesome to me- no more awesome than cookies on the shelves at the store every single day. How do you deal with regular cookies?

1. Plan a reasonable portion. Log it. Eat it. Move on. Have a reasonable portion every day.
    2. Eat a whole box. Log it. Move on. Eat less of other foods or exercise more if you want to fit a whole box in your day.

Luckily no one is selling boxes of Oreos at work. I think it's the whole sentimental thing about helping out kids and tie that in with a co-worker asking you to help out and you get the perfect calorie storm.

Sadly I can't exercise more right now. I'm having an MRI for my knee next week and until that's sorted out I'm stuck here at work, no exercise, with lots and lots of cookies. The temptation is real my friends. This isn't made up.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    I think for penance you should volunteer to chaperon a group door-to-door for a couple hours while they sell them to other unsuspecting customers; that should burn off those extra Calories. :wink:
  • Buckeye_Dave
    Options
    yep, troll alert

Not at all. Do you know how easy it is to eat the entire box of peanut butter patties? Sadly they don't really fill you up as much as you'd think.

No, I get that and all the suggestions to log it and move on are genuine. But when you want to know what box to buy and consume next, it makes your comments suspect.

Anyway, you know what to do, it's up to you.....
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »

I'm having an MRI for my knee next week and until that's sorted out I'm stuck here at work, no exercise, with lots and lots of cookies. The temptation is real my friends. This isn't made up.

good luck, god speed and... ummm... may the force be with you.....