I just ate an entire box of Girl Scout cookies. Help!

Options

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    There's only 910 calories in a box?!?! I wish I knew some girl scouts
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    At least you didn't eat the Thin Mints. Those mofos are mine.
  • shellithomas
    shellithomas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about some meds like belvique or other anti depressants. I am not trying to be hurtful but maybe there is a bigger problem you need to deal with.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    The sad thing is that this guy at work has more of them and I'm tempted to buy another box.

130 calories for 2 cookies. 7 servings in a box. That's 910 calories. How do I stop eating more?

Were they poisoned or made with real Girl Scouts? If so, dial 911.

If just the regular kind? Rub your food belly and hope a genie pops out of you belly button who will give you a new box of cookies.
  • alvin_grung
    alvin_grung Posts: 25 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    It's not about the cookies, really. It's about your over-consumption and reaction to it. I've had plenty of those episodes, where a little breakdown (I'm talking a few cookies or a couple of pieces of chocolate) leads to a binge. For me, there's a) a sense of panic b) angry disappointment with myself - "I just can't stick to this important goal/new lifestyle! I'm hopeless!", c) resentment of the thin people who are eating and drinking these things without consequence (an illusion, as far as most people are concerned, but it pops up in the mind anyway). At that point, I've sometimes thrown in the towel and angrily munched out on a lot more, often unhealthy, food.

How to stop it? KEEP LOGGING. Look at what you did at the end of the day. It's going to present you with a clear indication of what isn't going to be happening in the next few days (maintenance or loss) but it's also going to show you the extent of the damage, which isn't so much after all and is not going to lead you to a 10 lb. gain the next time you step on the scale. Stay calm is my advice and get back on the horse in the morning. If you deficit by even a few hundred calories over the next few days, take those 20 minute walks, you've undone the damage. You're back on track.

I'm back on MFP after a bad year of excuse-making and am doing really well and feeling great after three weeks. I didn't weigh in until the "adjustment weight" was off, but since I did I'm down 6 lbs, which included a party day with 5 alcoholic drinks and a rich dinner. That day I was over by at least 1000 cal. Next weigh-in I was up a lb. Two days later I am down three.

Two things I am committed to: staying on MFP daily until I am down to my first target at least and weighing in weekly after that. Any gain at that point and it's to be daily logging again (once you've done it long enough you know the amounts/values of what you can eat/how much you should exercise without logging).

MFP logging is the only thing in the past ten years that has worked for me. I lost 27 lbs. before I got away from logging the first time (five years ago). I'm only down three from where I started back then, but at least the annual gain pattern is arrested and I expect to lose that much again, and more, and not backslide if I can stick to the above commitments.

Hope this helps. Don't panic. Confront your consumption. Assess your attitudes/feelings/rationalizations. Keep logging. Good luck!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    At least you didn't eat the Thin Mints. Those mofos are mine.

This! The Thin Mints are the only ones I have a genuine weakness for. I put in an order for 3 boxes. 2 for my grandparents, and 1 for myself. Luckily, I can eat a portion and not go back. In fact last year, I felt myself wavering and thinking about going back for a 2nd portion, and once I ended up giving the box to my grandparents. It wasn't worth it. Also, those Nestle Thin Mint candies are addicting too! So good.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    dafuq is a peanut butter patty? Is that like some kind of communist Tagalong?
  • ArtFriess
    ArtFriess Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The sad thing is that this guy at work has more of them and I'm tempted to buy another box.

130 calories for 2 cookies. 7 servings in a box. That's 910 calories. How do I stop eating more?

Yeah, so addictive. Especially Thin Mints. They do NOT come into the house!!!
  • tristen_leigh
    tristen_leigh Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    This is silly. How do you stop? Uhhh, don't keep putting them in your mouth.

I get it but really? No one else can keep you from eating them. Soooo just don't.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    those are easy to do that with
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    My daughter is a Girl Scout, and we've just started doing presales today. I will not be buying as many boxes as I have in the past, but will do the Cookie Share for my daughter to reach her goals. The monies collected for that will give cookies to Military personnel and/or a local organization. It's hard to resist GS cookies, but don't beat yourself up about it. As others have said, log it, own it, and move forward.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about some meds like belvique or other anti depressants. I am not trying to be hurtful but maybe there is a bigger problem you need to deal with.

Strong first post
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    If I do eat another box, which one is the least amount of calories? I'm just trying to make better bad decisions.

Are you proud of finishing the box? I mean, I wouldn't be immediately looking for more food to binge on because I understand that's not a healthy behavior. Log the one box and try to make better decisions (as in, not the lowest calorie cookies but perhaps a meal that will nourish your body. You already had 7 servings :/
    If you can't control yourself after finishing that box, I suggest telling the guy you ate them all already. That's embarrassing enough I surely couldn't show my face to him again that day to ask for another box.
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options

Have you thought about plastic surgery?
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

I get it but really? No one else can keep you from eating them. Soooo just don't.

I get that and yet isn't that why we're all here? It's so easy to eat more than we need even if we know we shouldn't.
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options

I get that and yet isn't that why we're all here? It's so easy to eat more than we need even if we know we shouldn't.

Everytime you get the temptation, have someone kick you in the junk and say "You don't deserve any because you're a fatty"
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    DYELB wrote: »

Everytime you get the temptation, have someone kick you in the junk and say "You don't deserve any because you're a fatty"

This. This is the secret to my "success".
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options

I think the real problem here is what type to buy next .
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I can't buy thin mints because I cannot control myself around them. A whole roll (1/2 package) will be gone in under 2 minutes. I just don't understand it. Haha. If they are frozen, it's even worse and I devour the entire package. So good though.

Ben and Jerry's makes a mint chocolate cookie ice cream, and, while not a low calorie treat, I can at least make the pint last a few weeks without devouring it all at once, so I stick to that instead.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Just one box?

Something something warcat something