I just ate an entire box of Girl Scout cookies. Help!

Options

Replies

• FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Eat more and don't worry about it lol
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I suggest getting another box.

See if you get the same result or if it was merely a one time event.
  • milligan013
    milligan013 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This post just made me Order 5 boxes...I can't wait until they arrive! : )
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options

Then repeat to insure accuracy.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Just one box?

Something something warcat something

38wiozejqsms.jpg
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    This is silly. How do you stop? Uhhh, don't keep putting them in your mouth.

I get it but really? No one else can keep you from eating them. Soooo just don't.

Not really the best advice if you're a person with impulse control issues. Not saying OP has that, but this advice doesn't always work. It doesn't work for me because I'm a habit snacker. I tend to hyperfocus, and that throws my eating out the window. I'll either not eat anything and look up after 5 hours and realize I'm hungry, or I'll grab something for a snack, and then just keep eating while I'm working or reading because I'm not paying attention. Then, I finish the bag and realize how much I ate. It's not that I'm saying 'oh this is bad i shouldn't be doing this', it's that it's pure habit at this point, one I still haven't managed to break completely.

That's why my advice is to remove the food from your control. Yeah, you're going to get people saying 'here, have some!'. When they do, take no more than 2 cookies and say thank you. You get a treat, the person feels good they got to share, and you're not eating the whole box. Don't buy them for yourself, but don't stress it when someone offers you some. Besides, when someone offers you some, it's not polite to take a large amount of them, right? That's a better limiter for me than just about anything else. I'm MUCH less likely to eat too much at someone's house than I am at my own, but that's just me.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    There's only 910 calories in a box?!?! I wish I knew some girl scouts

is it pretty bad that was my thought too??? lol
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Tigg_er wrote: »

N = 1 is not scientifically accurate. OP needs to buy cookies for all so we can get it right.
    For science, of course. <nods>
  • Tigg_er
    edited January 2016
    Options

N = 1 is not scientifically accurate. OP needs to buy cookies for all so we can get it right. <nods>

Totally Agree ! I'll take the thin mints.
  • chicafi
    chicafi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I might be a bit late, but I think that whenever you have a binge moment, and after the whole resentment feeling towards yourself, you need to get back on track and maybe be super healthy the next couple of days, so you can balance it, and still be working towards your health goals. Don't punish yourself, we are all humans and we all have our own weaknesses... next time, try not to have any, because once you give in, its really hard to eat just one. Good luck and have an awesome weekend!
  • Buckeye_Dave
    Buckeye_Dave Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If I freeze the thin mints, does that somehow paralyze the calories? :wink:
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    hope516 wrote: »

That's the horrible part. I thought "Well, no serious harm done." and yet that fact itself is what makes it tempting to get another box. For now I can just skip lunch and be okay on calories. Am I going to reason that skipping dinner is good next? If they were more calorie dense it would be better I think. It's on the verge of not being terrible but still being bad. Coupled with the supply that I have to walk by every time I get up it's a real storm.

How many of you here could avoid the temptation if you had a box in your bedroom, car, or RIGHT BESIDE YOUR DESK!? It's not an easy thing to avoid. It's not like I'm going to the store to get these. They're here at work! I can see at least 12 more boxes while I'm typing this.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I have a similar problem with Tim Tams. I bought a package but I'm okay as long as I haven't opened it. I know there are 90 calories per cookie, but now I'm wondering how many are in a package. But I suspect there are more than 10.
  • Tigg_er
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »

That's the horrible part. I thought "Well, no serious harm done." and yet that fact itself is what makes it tempting to get another box. For now I can just skip lunch and be okay on calories. Am I going to reason that skipping dinner is good next? If they were more calorie dense it would be better I think. It's on the verge of not being terrible but still being bad. Coupled with the supply that I have to walk by every time I get up it's a real storm.

How many of you here could avoid the temptation if you had a box in your bedroom, car, or RIGHT BESIDE YOUR DESK!? It's not an easy thing to avoid. It's not like I'm going to the store to get these. They're here at work! I can see at least 12 more boxes while I'm typing this.

Buy em,,buy em
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

Put the boxes in the cabinet. Out of sight, out of mind. Don't have them in your house, either.

As for what to do afterwards? Learn from it, log it, and start fresh. One day isn't going to sabotage you or make you a failure. You're only a failure if you let your mistakes define you.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Clearly, you need to sue for hazards in the workplace. ;)
  • jflanaganasl
    jflanaganasl Posts: 40 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »

Sadly I can't exercise more right now. I'm having an MRI for my knee next week and until that's sorted out I'm stuck here at work, no exercise, with lots and lots of cookies. The temptation is real my friends. This isn't made up.

Not true! I absolutely DESTROYED my knees with martial arts - there are PLENTY of exercises you can do still! Grab some dumbbells - look up moves for abs, arms, etc. Get one of those exercise balls and get on Pinterest for workout ideas. There are a million knee-friendly exercises you can still do! If you make excuses for yourself, you're never going to achieve your goal.
  • JoJean12
    JoJean12 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Willpower is a hard thing to maintain. I keep going on my weight loss journey by thinking of things like cookies as the enemy and I know if I gave in just once I would be harming myself. Don't buy or accept anything thats going to set you back. Save the money for something more worthwhile like shopping for a smaller sized top of pair of pants
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,642 Member
    Options
    Let me send you my address -- I'll take them off your hands! :p

According to the calorie listings, you can eat more Trefoils for fewer calories. But really? You picked the right ones: Peanut Butter Patties FTW.

The peanut butter patties/tagalongs (cold) are my second favorite (do si dos are my first) but they're sooooooo small for the calories.

Definitely more bang for your buck with the trefoils.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

N = 1 is not scientifically accurate. OP needs to buy cookies for all so we can get it right.
    For science, of course. <nods>

Well...and to be thorough, we should probably test different the results with different types of cookies too. So OP needs to buy 1 box thin mint, 1 box peanut butter patty, 1 box samoa, and one box lemonades for each of us.