I just ate an entire box of Girl Scout cookies. Help!

Options

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    p8ez3tbe3bk3.jpg

your point?
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    p8ez3tbe3bk3.jpg

I'm still eating them. You only live once, might as well enjoy it.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    If I do eat another box, which one is the least amount of calories? I'm just trying to make better bad decisions.

These are by far the best girl scout cookies:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDM971QTaonijo49BC_SL8NLnpmWblRtuZT2l8wv3b0ZYvnHuh

Only if they're Samoas and not Caramel Delites...

...which are still damn good cookies, just not as good.
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    As a Brit, can I just ask what's so amazing about Girl Scout cookies that makes people go mental for them?! What sets them apart from a packet of cookies that you can buy from the shop?
  • ArmorForFitness
    ArmorForFitness Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Don't carry cash on you!! Do they accept credit cards? Maybe leave it in a really safe compartment in your car?
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Since we're being serious: I hate oreos. Hate. Them.

If I can see through the beer it is not beer at all. I will stick to whiskey if that is my only choice.

And light beer is a heinous abuse of natural resources.

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    samgamgee wrote: »
    As a Brit, can I just ask what's so amazing about Girl Scout cookies that makes people go mental for them?! What sets them apart from a packet of cookies that you can buy from the shop?

IMO, absolutely nothing makes them so amazing or sets them apart from regular store cookies. I have no idea why people go crazy over them. That being said, my daughter is currently selling them and I'd be happy to take orders :wink:
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options

I think it's really the limited nature of them. You can only get them during a certain part of the year. They are good, but if you could get them whenever you wanted them, I doubt they'd be as coveted.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

The fact that you can't buy them year round (except that you actually can since some of the bakeries distribute them nationally). And I think a huge part is nostalgia; we sold them as kids, and now our kids sell them, and they're so great. Or something. They actually do taste pretty darn good.
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    In Canada, we have Girl Guides, and they sell cookies twice a year. Thin Mints in the fall, and cream filled in the spring.

6ibyri60ph4j.jpg

You have no idea how lucky you are with all your Girl Guide cookie choices. Eat as many as possible for us Canadians who don't have that privilege.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

giphy.gif
  • d_creasman
    d_creasman Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I could totally eat a whole box of those things, which is why we politely decline the invitation to purchase these. Log it, move on, go to the gym.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    You have no idea how lucky you are with all your Girl Guide cookie choices. Eat as many as possible for us Canadians who don't have that privilege.

1a1d9729b39ecd8ba718b8d59a2a166bd2b56d213aa8e03f0ea33404e62fa840.jpg
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    p8ez3tbe3bk3.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Food Babe.
  • NekoneMeowMixx
    NekoneMeowMixx Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

IMO, absolutely nothing makes them so amazing or sets them apart from regular store cookies. I have no idea why people go crazy over them. That being said, my daughter is currently selling them and I'd be happy to take orders :wink:

Iunno-- I read an article yesterday about how Girl Scouts were starting to sell their cookies outside of marijuana dispensaries, and that seemed pretty f***ing ingenious, to me... Probably the only way I'd find them appealing, either...
  • kayemallory
    kayemallory Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    your point?[/quote]

I just thought that if she knew what was in them, it might make it harder to eat them. That's all. Sometimes that works for me.

usafu3akslvd.jpg

• JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Since we're being serious: I hate oreos. Hate. Them.

And light beer is a heinous abuse of natural resources.
    What are you talking about?! Guinness only has 120 calories; that's less than 2 cookies. It's definitely light...

She meant color, I'm assuming. But I guess I've made that clear by now.
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    p8ez3tbe3bk3.jpg

I prefer dead food. Do you know how hard it is to chase down a cow?
  • DrifterBear
    DrifterBear Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    hope516 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    There's only 910 calories in a box?!?! I wish I knew some girl scouts

is it pretty bad that was my thought too??? lol

That's the horrible part. I thought "Well, no serious harm done." and yet that fact itself is what makes it tempting to get another box. For now I can just skip lunch and be okay on calories. Am I going to reason that skipping dinner is good next? If they were more calorie dense it would be better I think. It's on the verge of not being terrible but still being bad. Coupled with the supply that I have to walk by every time I get up it's a real storm.

How many of you here could avoid the temptation if you had a box in your bedroom, car, or RIGHT BESIDE YOUR DESK!? It's not an easy thing to avoid. It's not like I'm going to the store to get these. They're here at work! I can see at least 12 more boxes while I'm typing this.

You need to have a plan. This is the second week in a row we have a lunch and learn at work. Last week was sandwiches but today it's pizza. It's so hard to be in a room with pizza and not give in. But I planned it out and brought my lunch like I always do. I'll eat it before the meeting and pass on the Pizza. And remind myself when everyone else is eating that I'm making the right choice. We all got here because we lacked willpower, but unless you figure out how to get some, you'll never change.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Why did you ask for help AFTER eating the whole box? Next time ask for help BEFORE.

And I'll help you eat them.