I just ate an entire box of Girl Scout cookies. Help!

Options

Replies

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    kcoty001 wrote: »
    In college I had a box of thin mints in my freezer once... when id get home from the gym Id have one cookie... mid second week I went to have a cookie and realized my roommate thought they were pretty good too! That ended that treat, no will power involved.

We would have fought, lol. Don't touch my food!
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Look up alternative, healthier, snack items and stock up on them. I have a weakness for the vanilla girl guide cookies and the Fruit Creme Peek Freans. I know if I buy them I will eat them all. So I don't buy them. I find alternate sweet snacks. Right now, my freezer is rocking' frozen banana PB choc bites. Not the same but I can easily quit at 2.

I prefer the chocolate Girl Guide cookies. Care to split a box?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Trash talkers gonna talk trash, regardless of limited experiences, going with popular opinion... boring.

Limited experiences? You're the only person with a wide range of tastes in beer? Ok then.
  • auddii
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Since we're being serious: I hate oreos. Hate. Them.

And light beer is a heinous abuse of natural resources.
    What are you talking about?! Guinness only has 120 calories; that's less than 2 cookies. It's definitely light...

You can stay. But I'm not drinking Guinness. NB 1554 or GTFO.

As long as we're talking trash, New Belgian sucks. Odell, same town in Colorado, is a million times better, times one million, plus infinity.

Clearly we don't know each other. I'm familiar with said town and ALL of the breweries there, and many in the surrounding area. NB and Odell are merely the two in the area which are well known. However, if I were to start listing my favorites from one of the many far-superior breweries from said towns, the references would be lost on people as these brews are not distributed nationally. I try to keep my discussion relevant to the group.

I'm a beer geek, not a beer elitest. Nice to meet you.

I contemplated a brewery tour of Colorado and then I realized just how many there were... Also, Moab Brewery's Scotch Ale is amazing (and one of the few places in Utah that sells high alcohol content beer).
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    12509487_483483311839176_7801380677462155632_n.png?oh=c9f264099b74edb747527b0ed4343fca&oe=57001A83
    FTFY
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options

What are you talking about?! Guinness only has 120 calories; that's less than 2 cookies. It's definitely light...

As long as we're talking trash, New Belgian sucks. Odell, same town in Colorado, is a million times better, times one million, plus infinity.

Clearly we don't know each other. I'm familiar with said town and ALL of the breweries there, and many in the surrounding area. NB and Odell are merely the two in the area which are well known. However, if I were to start listing my favorites from one of the many far-superior breweries from said towns, the references would be lost on people as these brews are not distributed nationally. I try to keep my discussion relevant to the group.

Re-lax! I thought we were having fun. No, I don't know Fort Collins. If we are debating the nationally distributed brands, Odell is far superior. Humorously enough, it's not opinion so much as fact. You are beer elitist, because you discriminate on color and calorie count. Ever tried Guinness? Stone's Go-To IPA? Firestone-Walker's Easy Jack? Additionally, I do take umbrage as people (bandwagon-style) bash light-colored beers. You also never responded to my remarks about amazing, time-honored recipes for lagers and pilsners in Germany, the Czech Republic, and all over central / east Europe.

Watery tart, I appreciate you admitting that you like beer that tastes like something other than beer. It's totally acceptable. I just don't see any need to bash lighter colored beers, which taste more like beer than Vanilla Oatis or some double-chocolate Imperial peanut butter cookie stout.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    _benjammin wrote: »
    12509487_483483311839176_7801380677462155632_n.png?oh=c9f264099b74edb747527b0ed4343fca&oe=57001A83
    FTFY

Food Hunk FTW.
  • JustinAnimal
    Options
    Trash talkers gonna talk trash, regardless of limited experiences, going with popular opinion... boring.

Limited experiences? You're the only person with a wide range of tastes in beer? Ok then.

At what point did I make that comment? No one is responding to my comment regarding European beers that are light, such as pilsners and lagers, which have a ton of character and taste amazing. Also, no one has really responded to my comment that all tastes are different, hence bashing on a style of beer is kind of asinine. Should we argue about chocolate or vanilla being better?
  • auddii
    Options

At what point did I make that comment? No one is responding to my comment regarding European beers that are light, such as pilsners and lagers, which have a ton of character and taste amazing. Also, no one has really responded to my comment that all tastes are different, hence bashing on a style of beer is kind of asinine. Should we argue about chocolate or vanilla being better?

I don't like pilsners at all regardless of who makes them; lagers it really depends. I love sours, wild ales, stouts, porters, imperial reds, fruit ales, and IPAs. Almost all of those have very high calorie counts. I still do not resort to drinking light beer.

#sorrynotsorry
  • JustinAnimal
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Your sarcastic hashtag is indicative of just how clever you are. Your rationale for the beers you drink is truly confusing, but like I was trying to say, to each their own.

ETA: Also, how about you define light? In terms of color or calories? My argument regarding Guiness and the session IPAs still stands, in terms of calories; color doesn't even make sense, as many, many IPAs, sours, wild ales, etc. are light in terms of Lovibond.
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options

Re-lax! I thought we were having fun. No, I don't know Fort Collins. If we are debating the nationally distributed brands, Odell is far superior. Humorously enough, it's not opinion so much as fact. You are beer elitist, because you discriminate on color and calorie count. Ever tried Guinness? Stone's Go-To IPA? Firestone-Walker's Easy Jack? Additionally, I do take umbrage as people (bandwagon-style) bash light-colored beers. You also never responded to my remarks about amazing, time-honored recipes for lagers and pilsners in Germany, the Czech Republic, and all over central / east Europe.

Watery tart, I appreciate you admitting that you like beer that tastes like something other than beer. It's totally acceptable. I just don't see any need to bash lighter colored beers, which taste more like beer than Vanilla Oatis or some double-chocolate Imperial peanut butter cookie stout.

did my name just auto correct to watery tart?!! This is my new favorite (and noticed I liked it before it was hip)! I seldom yearn for a beer but when I do the idea of imperial peanut butter cookie stout does speak to my heart :)
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    p8ez3tbe3bk3.jpg
    I've had so many Girl Scout cookies people lift my eyelids to know what the temperature is outside. Mercury....in a cookie?!? Is there a pledge pin on my uniform?!?!?!?

OMG this is priceless! Have to remember to stop eating dead food.
  • JustinAnimal
    edited January 2016
    Options

did my name just auto correct to watery tart?!! This is my new favorite (and noticed I liked it before it was hip)! I seldom yearn for a beer but when I do the idea of imperial peanut butter cookie stout does speak to my heart :)

SHITE! I mean starwhisper! totally my bad!

ETA: Mother Earth recently released a chocolate peanut butter version of their Syn Tax stout, which is a stout I think is pretty decent. Really dark beers, like stouts and porters, have to be pretty darn good for me to drink. As a brewer, they are the, hands-down, easiest beers to brew. Being so heavy on notes of chocolate and coffee and caramel and vanilla and whatever, PLUS the fact that they are ales, means they are the most forgiving beers to brew. Lighter colored and bodied beers take an almost scientific level of consistency. That's the irony about everyone bashing coors and bud and miller and all that shite, they take incredible consistency and control to make every single can taste identical.
  • auddii
    Options

How did I miss this. It really does sound like you think you're special because you've had some different craft beers. Good for you. Lots of people like lots of different beers. Lagers and pilsners suck. My opinion. It's a forum, I can express my opinion all I want.

And seriously, do not understand "rationale for the beers you drink"...
  • soulofgrace
    soulofgrace Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Don't kill me, but Walmart has a Great Value thin mints, Samoa's, and peanut butter patties that taste exactly the same...or I might have forgotten because my girl isn't in GS anymore, and I don't work in an office where my co workers are constantly guilting me into buying their kids latest fund raising crap.

That said, so you ate the whole box? Someone else said "did you enjoy them?" I think at this point that's the most important question. Now log and move on.

Next time you get your hands on a box, pay attention to the taste after 1, then 2, if you get there, after the tenth one. I am a terrible cookie monster, and for me things stop tasting as good after the first few. If it's as simple as you are not paying attention, that's how you can stop. It could be you might be feeling like doing a little bit of self sabotage. Been there too. Tomorrow is a new day.

What the hell, get that second box. Pay attention this time. See if anything changes.

For me, I have to decide what kind of beer I want tonight. That is what this thread made me want. Forget girl scout cookies!
  • JustinAnimal
    edited January 2016
    Options

How did I miss this. It really does sound like you think you're special because you've had some different craft beers. Good for you. Lots of people like lots of different beers. Lagers and pilsners suck. My opinion. It's a forum, I can express my opinion all I want.

And seriously, do not understand "rationale for the beers you drink"...

It's me trying to understand what you mean by light beers. Calories or color? I also don't think I'm the only one whose tried a range of beers; you keep putting words in my mouth, like when you said that I said I was the only one with experience with beer. I just get sick of the bandwagon bashing of light beer, now that craft is so popular.

By rationale, I meant the fact that you said you won't "resort" to light beer; your rationale, from my perspective, seems to be drinking non-light beers. You've still yet to define what light means, lighter in terms of caloric content or Lovibond.

ETA: I don't know where you think anyone said you couldn't express your opinion. Isn't that what I'm doing?
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Don't kill me, but Walmart has a Great Value thin mints, Samoa's, and peanut butter patties that taste exactly the same...or I might have forgotten because my girl isn't in GS anymore, and I don't work in an office where my co workers are constantly guilting me into buying their kids latest fund raising crap.

That said, so you ate the whole box? Someone else said "did you enjoy them?" I think at this point that's the most important question. Now log and move on.

Next time you get your hands on a box, pay attention to the taste after 1, then 2, if you get there, after the tenth one. I am a terrible cookie monster, and for me things stop tasting as good after the first few. If it's as simple as you are not paying attention, that's how you can stop. It could be you might be feeling like doing a little bit of self sabotage. Been there too. Tomorrow is a new day.

What the hell, get that second box. Pay attention this time. See if anything changes.

For me, I have to decide what kind of beer I want tonight. That is what this thread made me want. Forget girl scout cookies!

All in all the best advice yet. Very nice analysis of the situation. True. I think that after about 6 it was just mindless "The first few were good, repeat action" type thinking. I'll have to keep that in mind.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options

She meant color, I'm assuming. But I guess I've made that clear by now.

No, I mean calories. But thank you for your input.

And I will NOT grow up. You can't make me. YOU'RE NOT MY MOM!

You ma'am, are a beerist. I will not sit idly by and allow this heresy to stand.

I will need at least six beers of various standings to relax now, I hope you're happy.
  • JustinAnimal
    Options
    The same people who bash light beer (color or calories) are the same people who bash chardonnay roundly. You need to taste more before you bash and entire style / varietal. It's not an elitist statement, it's just a fact.