I just ate an entire box of Girl Scout cookies. Help!

Options

Replies

• jimigym
    jimigym Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking that you are trolling... did you wash them own with a big gulp of Coke?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    Thin mints are the best choice for next time. They even say "thin" on the box.

But the important question here is: what beer did you pair these with? (If your beer choice has the word "light" in it, you're beyond help.)

No beer. Chocolate vodka FTW.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    The same people who bash light beer (color or calories) are the same people who bash chardonnay roundly. You need to taste more before you bash and entire style / varietal. It's not an elitist statement, it's just a fact.

Or...maybe people just have different tastes *shrug*

I hate chardonnay; I hate pilsners and lagers. I love sauvignon blanc and I love IPAs, stouts, ales, and porters

Shenanigans. SHENANIGANS!

People do not have different tastes. Everyone knows they have taste or they don't.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Since we're being serious: I hate oreos. Hate. Them.

And light beer is a heinous abuse of natural resources.
    What are you talking about?! Guinness only has 120 calories; that's less than 2 cookies. It's definitely light...

You can stay. But I'm not drinking Guinness. NB 1554 or GTFO.

As long as we're talking trash, New Belgian sucks. Odell, same town in Colorado, is a million times better, times one million, plus infinity.

Clearly we don't know each other. I'm familiar with said town and ALL of the breweries there, and many in the surrounding area. NB and Odell are merely the two in the area which are well known. However, if I were to start listing my favorites from one of the many far-superior breweries from said towns, the references would be lost on people as these brews are not distributed nationally. I try to keep my discussion relevant to the group.

I'm a beer geek, not a beer elitest. Nice to meet you.

I contemplated a brewery tour of Colorado and then I realized just how many there were... Also, Moab Brewery's Scotch Ale is amazing (and one of the few places in Utah that sells high alcohol content beer).

I'll have to see if I can get a hold of that one.

I would suggest doing a brewery tour of a portion of CO at a time. We have so many. But start with northern CO. At the risk of being called an elitist (again), northern CO has an amazing network in relatively close proximity. Breweries, cideries, distilleries....

Absolutely love that you changed your user name...

I didn't change it. Someone else here got confused and thought they were being addressed. I am the original Tart. ;)
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Since we're being serious: I hate oreos. Hate. Them.

And light beer is a heinous abuse of natural resources.

Anyone who hates Oreos should be burned at the stake!

i have a firepit and acres of land..... preparations shall be made.....

I have HUGE....tracts of land.

Will there be singing? Will the 'message' never really get attached to the arrow but still hit the 'horse man with coconuts' and be attached? Have I maybe seen this movie too many times? Right. You stay here and we leave.

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I'm completely confused by the beer talk in the middle of the GS cookie thread.

Because: https://beerandbrewing.com/VKm9gisAAF-R_rap/article/beer-pairings-for-girl-scout-cookies

I love you, juggs. <3
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Because: https://beerandbrewing.com/VKm9gisAAF-R_rap/article/beer-pairings-for-girl-scout-cookies

Now I really want to try Prarie Bomb! with tagalongs.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

I love you, juggs. <3

<3o:)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    for the record, whiskey trumps beer.

every time.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

every time.

#WhyNotBoth?
  • auddii
    Options

every time.

Only when spelled whisky... (definitely a whiskist - or whatever you call a whisky elitist).
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Op- what is that tin foil mess in front of your cookies ?
    In order to take good cookie pics you must remove the mess first. Unless there is a delicious chocolate cake inside of that tin foil !
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options

every time.

#WhyNotBoth?

Ala - Bourbon County Rare Stout/Barleywine :)
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    There's only 910 calories in a box?!?! I wish I knew some girl scouts

No kidding....If it's early enough in the day I could still finish at my calorie goal, or at maintenance, and then move on.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

every time.

#WhyNotBoth?

you buying? then both it is!

every time.

Only when spelled whisky... (definitely a whiskist - or whatever you call a whisky elitist).

my spell check disagrees, but its been known to be stupid. i dont care how it's spelled, anyways ;)

• Some_Watery_Tart
    Options

every time.

Correction: only when it's spelled s-c-o-t-c-h.
  • auddii
    Options

every time.

#WhyNotBoth?

I've started swinging both ways. I love beer aged in whisky/bourbon barrels, and now I've found some Jameson aged in stout barrels.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Options
    @_Waffle_ Sorry I derailed your thread into a beer discussion.

(No, I'm not. You're welcome. ;) )
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    I just thought that if she knew what was in them, it might make it harder to eat them. That's all. Sometimes that works for me.

@kayemallory - all of those points are important to me, so thanks for posting. People see "Food Babe" and see no more.