I just ate an entire box of Girl Scout cookies. Help!

Options

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    hope516 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    There's only 910 calories in a box?!?! I wish I knew some girl scouts

is it pretty bad that was my thought too??? lol

That's the horrible part. I thought "Well, no serious harm done." and yet that fact itself is what makes it tempting to get another box. For now I can just skip lunch and be okay on calories. Am I going to reason that skipping dinner is good next? If they were more calorie dense it would be better I think. It's on the verge of not being terrible but still being bad. Coupled with the supply that I have to walk by every time I get up it's a real storm.

How many of you here could avoid the temptation if you had a box in your bedroom, car, or RIGHT BESIDE YOUR DESK!? It's not an easy thing to avoid. It's not like I'm going to the store to get these. They're here at work! I can see at least 12 more boxes while I'm typing this.

Having already eaten 1 whole box of cookies by myself in one day and looked at the calories and considered having to skip meals to eat more not very awesome cookies instead of really great food... well, I would no longer be tempted at that point.
    Is your diet very restrictive? Are you including lots of foods you love every day or are you the type of dieter that eats plain chicken breast or salad and looks longingly at your co-workers lunch? If you are being very restrictive then you will break down and go bonkers over these things at some point.

I'm around food all day, every day that I don't eat- including cookies. Sometimes I overeat things that tempt me and I log it and move on. I don't immediately buy another bag or box of that item.

Keep busy.
    Bring a better snack from home.
    Ask the person to put their cookies somewhere else.
    Practice meditation.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    OP...you inspired me.
    IMG_1770_zpskqtfktyi.jpg
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    OP...you inspired me.
    IMG_1770_zpskqtfktyi.jpg

I would love some cookies right now !! Send some to me!!!
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    OP...you inspired me.
    IMG_1770_zpskqtfktyi.jpg

Heeeeeeeeyyyyy, neighbor! Let's be friends.
  • madisongarmany
    madisongarmany Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just say no! Tell yourself that you don't need it grab an apple instead! All you have to do is just say no (:
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Just say no! Tell yourself that you don't need it grab an apple instead! All you have to do is just say no (:

i told my bottle of jack no last night.

well, not until id drunken a quarter of it and gotten sick (hadnt eaten anything), but hey- i still said no at some point.... ;)
  • kk_inprogress
    Options

well, not until id drunken a quarter of it and gotten sick (hadnt eaten anything), but hey- i still said no at some point.... ;)

Your self control is the reason i like you :grimace:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Sadly, I didn't have the strength to reject my beer last night. But I enjoyed every drop of it. Your restrain amazes me! :smile:

OP...you inspired me.
    IMG_1770_zpskqtfktyi.jpg

@juggernaut1974 I think you're supposed to take them out of the box first. If you are still aiming to eat the whole box, would you send me the cookies?
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    OP...you inspired me.
    IMG_1770_zpskqtfktyi.jpg

Go ahead. You know you wanna. It'll be your durty l'il secret.

Well you and everyone here.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    And the box is good fibre.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Has no one gotten here yet???

http://www.gobourbon.com/bourbon-girl-scout-cookie-pairings/

Also I like beer*

*this was written from someone living abroad, in a whole other country an errythang.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options

Also I like beer*

*this was written from someone living abroad, in a whole other country an errythang.

tumblr_np5sofWxwZ1u03nqso1_500.gif

We actually found surprise Thin Mints yesterday and I ate a whole sleeve and then had cake. I did some serious adulting this last week and decided to let it go last night.
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    This thread makes me want to find the thin mints that I know are in my freezer buried under 1/4 of a cow!
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    snikkins wrote: »

Also I like beer*

We actually found surprise Thin Mints yesterday and I ate a whole sleeve and then had cake. I did some serious adulting this last week and decided to let it go last night.

I hate adulting.
    kkenseth wrote: »
    This thread makes me want to find the thin mints that I know are in my freezer buried under 1/4 of a cow!

Lifting that cow will give you extra calories to eat!

OP, I feel absolutely horrible for you that someone in your office would so callously sabotage your weight loss efforts in such a hurtful and cruel way, just to get a few bucks to support their offspring's scouting aspirations.
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Also I like beer*

I hate adulting.

OP, I feel absolutely horrible for you that someone in your office would so callously sabotage your weight loss efforts in such a hurtful and cruel way, just to get a few bucks to support their offspring's scouting aspirations.

Dear MFP,
    Must have "cow lifting" option in cardio. Cos Wisconsin.
  • caconnor1
    caconnor1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's not about the cookies, really. It's about your over-consumption and reaction to it. I've had plenty of those episodes, where a little breakdown (I'm talking a few cookies or a couple of pieces of chocolate) leads to a binge. For me, there's a) a sense of panic b) angry disappointment with myself - "I just can't stick to this important goal/new lifestyle! I'm hopeless!", c) resentment of the thin people who are eating and drinking these things without consequence (an illusion, as far as most people are concerned, but it pops up in the mind anyway). At that point, I've sometimes thrown in the towel and angrily munched out on a lot more, often unhealthy, food.

How to stop it? KEEP LOGGING. Look at what you did at the end of the day. It's going to present you with a clear indication of what isn't going to be happening in the next few days (maintenance or loss) but it's also going to show you the extent of the damage, which isn't so much after all and is not going to lead you to a 10 lb. gain the next time you step on the scale. Stay calm is my advice and get back on the horse in the morning. If you deficit by even a few hundred calories over the next few days, take those 20 minute walks, you've undone the damage. You're back on track.

I'm back on MFP after a bad year of excuse-making and am doing really well and feeling great after three weeks. I didn't weigh in until the "adjustment weight" was off, but since I did I'm down 6 lbs, which included a party day with 5 alcoholic drinks and a rich dinner. That day I was over by at least 1000 cal. Next weigh-in I was up a lb. Two days later I am down three.

Two things I am committed to: staying on MFP daily until I am down to my first target at least and weighing in weekly after that. Any gain at that point and it's to be daily logging again (once you've done it long enough you know the amounts/values of what you can eat/how much you should exercise without logging).

MFP logging is the only thing in the past ten years that has worked for me. I lost 27 lbs. before I got away from logging the first time (five years ago). I'm only down three from where I started back then, but at least the annual gain pattern is arrested and I expect to lose that much again, and more, and not backslide if I can stick to the above commitments.

Hope this helps. Don't panic. Confront your consumption. Assess your attitudes/feelings/rationalizations. Keep logging. Good luck!

Great pep talk! This is also how success on MFP works for me -- just keep logging and reflecting. Thanks for sharing!
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Also I like beer*

I hate adulting.

Dear MFP,
    Must have "cow lifting" option in cardio. Cos Wisconsin.

Don't forget the Alberta beef!

Just don't be getting caught doing cow curls in the squat rack :bigsmile:
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Stop buying them? I don't understand the fascination that everyone seems to have with Girl Scout cookies. Even back when I used to eat them, I thought that they were pretty standard fare as far as store-bought cookies go. No better or worse than Nabisco or Keebler. Does everyone like them so much because they're only sold during certain times of the year?
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    I want to know the ratio of people who took this seriously to people who get what's happening here. But I ain't got time to do math for 11 pages.
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I want to know the ratio of people who took this seriously to people who get what's happening here. But I ain't got time to do math for 11 pages.

I feel stupid. I thought the OP was sincere.