I just ate an entire box of Girl Scout cookies. Help!

Options

Replies

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    for the record, whiskey trumps beer.

every time.

Only when spelled whisky... (definitely a whiskist - or whatever you call a whisky elitist).

Correction: only when it's spelled s-c-o-t-c-h.

Total redemption!!!

The Lemonades are perfectly paired with Rogue's Voodoo Doughnut Lemon Chiffon Crueller Ale
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I will only buy Girl Scout cookies when I am around a group of friends, particularly guy friends, and I pass them all out to others so we can all have a few and the box is always gone immediately...as it would be even if I were alone...
  • wedgiefish
    wedgiefish Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I could easily eat a whole box of the caramel ones :-(
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i had 600 some calories worth of peanut butter cookies today.

if i skipped my jack tonight i could still be in my calories but why go all crazy? LOLOLOLOL
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Having a whole box or bag of anything I love in front of me is never pretty. I usually pull out a serving and then put the box away. If I want another serving, I have to get up and go get it, and by the time I get there my will power has usually returned. I'm more of an Oreo gal, but love the Girl Scout's lip balms!

5h6d5fqxw9rr.jpeg
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I actually said to the hubs yesterday I'm having wicked cookie cravings and planned to nom some today. You know something mad? This thread has kind of put me off. Not because I don't love cookies, but because we don't have GS cookies and now I want GS cookies and anything else is going to be a poor replacement.

*emails US rellies for shipments*
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I have a similar problem with Tim Tams. I bought a package but I'm okay as long as I haven't opened it. I know there are 90 calories per cookie, but now I'm wondering how many are in a package. But I suspect there are more than 10.

I've eaten a whole pack of tim tams many a time! I think there's 9 in a pack. I can't remember as it's been a while and I refuse to buy them anymore!

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I actually said to the hubs yesterday I'm having wicked cookie cravings and planned to nom some today. You know something mad? This thread has kind of put me off. Not because I don't love cookies, but because we don't have GS cookies and now I want GS cookies and anything else is going to be a poor replacement.

I may or may not still have a couple cases worth in the freezer from last year

Having two female juggernaut jr's = a plethora of access to Girl Scout Cookies
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Anyone who hates Oreos should be burned at the stake!

I hate Oreos because they taste so good and ate filed with soy and if I eat any of them, so delicious, but they make my life hell. So I hate them for being tempting and wonderful and then sticker punching me in the guts and trying to kill me.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    Hmm. I have a similar problem with Tim Tams. I bought a package but I'm okay as long as I haven't opened it. I know there are 90 calories per cookie, but now I'm wondering how many are in a package. But I suspect there are more than 10.

I've eaten a whole pack of tim tams many a time! I think there's 9 in a pack. I can't remember as it's been a while and I refuse to buy them anymore!

One of my favourite go-to take along dessert snacks - 2 packs of Tim Tams (any flavour you like, but chewy caramel is great) - obliterate them in a food processor, add enough condensed milk to make it thick but not runny (about half a can), fridge it for 30 mins, roll it into balls and roll them in coconut. Incredibly delicious, no bake, 3 ingredients. I'm doing them for Australia Day.

i actually don't like Tim Tams, these are the exception.

Sorry. You probably never needed to know that.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

Girl Scouts? You mean the Diabeetus Mafia? Food Babe says they're actually a lab-created crossbreed between Monsatan and used carsalesmen.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Girl Scout cookies are disgusting. THERE, I SAID IT.

A box of Twinkies, however...

I had a Twinkie recently, I felt like I needed to paint-scraper the inside of my mouth after! It was just coated...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

We moved to Boston from midwest last year. They have Caramel Delites here instead of Samoas.

So we did the reasonable thing and settled for Caramel Delites had a friend ship us a full case of Samoas...

...because we aren't savages.
  • tbirk
    tbirk Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well, now you know what the calorie impact is, so learn from your mistake! Nothing you can do about the binge now, except maybe workout (go for a walk!) and/or eat a light dinner (soup, veggies, hummus & veggies, etc.). You really just need to find the will power to limit yourself to one or two. I know cravings are tough, but try to find foods that are filling rather than a quick sugar high. Those cookies are delicious!
    Best of luck to you with your weight loss journey.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Girl Scouts? You mean the Diabeetus Mafia? Food Babe says they're actually a lab-created crossbreed between Monsatan and used carsalesmen.

Ours are actually bred from sugar and spice and everything nice...
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

One of my favourite go-to take along dessert snacks - 2 packs of Tim Tams (any flavour you like, but chewy caramel is great) - obliterate them in a food processor, add enough condensed milk to make it thick but not runny (about half a can), fridge it for 30 mins, roll it into balls and roll them in coconut. Incredibly delicious, no bake, 3 ingredients. I'm doing them for Australia Day.

Oh Good God woman! :naughty: Your recipe has been copied and saved for future reference :lol:

And yes, the caramel or salted caramel are my favourites. Wasn't too keen on the peanut butter ones, and I love PB

• Some_Watery_Tart
    Options

Ours are actually bred from sugar and spice and everything nice...

Sugar? You mean HFCS?!
  • Alatariel75
    Options

Oh Good God woman! :naughty: Your recipe has been copied and saved for future reference :lol:

And yes, the caramel or salted caramel are my favourites. Wasn't too keen on the peanut butter ones, and I love PB

That's because they are peanut butter 'flavoured'. There's not actually any peanut butter in them! It's a travesty :(
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Options
    Now that the thread has been fully derailed.....

OP, Imma give it to ya straight: JSF. <3