I just ate an entire box of Girl Scout cookies. Help!

Options

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    If I do eat another box, which one is the least amount of calories? I'm just trying to make better bad decisions.

These are by far the best girl scout cookies:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDM971QTaonijo49BC_SL8NLnpmWblRtuZT2l8wv3b0ZYvnHuh

they are also the highest cal. nom nom nom
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    If I do eat another box, which one is the least amount of calories? I'm just trying to make better bad decisions.

These are by far the best girl scout cookies:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDM971QTaonijo49BC_SL8NLnpmWblRtuZT2l8wv3b0ZYvnHuh

Completely agree. My son has 2 friends that are girl scouts and I promised them both I would buy cookies from them so I'm getting 6 boxes of these bad boys.
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Am I the only one that feels that if this post is legitimate that self-destructive impulses like this need to be worked with in therapy? Being fat doesn't start with your stomach...it starts with your brain. If you can sincerely not control yourself with food, you need to consider WHY this is happening...not just how to avoid it in the future.

Also, on a lighter note, Girl Scout cookies are expensive and not even that good. C'mon now.

Therapy is definitely a good option but unless the OP is already seeing a therapist, expecting they search out an appointment on Friday afternoon is unreasonable. In my experience part of therapy is discussing strategies with people who have the same issue.

I took a pass on the Girl Scout cookies this year. I knew I wouldn't be reasonable despite wanting to be. Sometimes it is just easier not to tempt myself. I can not eat something like yummy cookies but I can't stand the white knuckling that goes on when I resist. It sounds so easy to say you'll only have a serving or two but it's just as easy to gobble them all to the tune of 900 calories. I feel so embarrassed how I would make myself physically ill from overeating them in the past.

I would bring something to work that I love to eat that fits into my calorie allowance and definitely not buy more. If you feel guilty not supporting, give cash. The troop gets to keep all the cash.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Since we're being serious: I hate oreos. Hate. Them.

And light beer is a heinous abuse of natural resources.
    What are you talking about?! Guinness only has 120 calories; that's less than 2 cookies. It's definitely light...
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    gobonas99 wrote: »
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    dafuq is a peanut butter patty? Is that like some kind of communist Tagalong?
    Yes. Thought they're not even worth it anymore. They changed the recipe years ago, the cookie part is crumbly and tasteless and the cookie is half the size it used to be.

This is why you must find a girl scout troop who is still using the Little Brownie Bakers. then you can still get actual tagalongs, samoas, trefoils and do-si-dos. Otherwise your stuck with nasty imitations: peanut butter patties, caramel delights, shortbread cookies and whatever they call the do-si-dos imitations. Thin mints are thin mints regardless of who makes them (but the little brownie bakers ones are so much better). :)

Wait, the cookies I grew up loving still exist?

skeptical.jpg

I'll look for LBB this spring though... just in case.

I see someone beat me to the cookies have different companies who make them point. And just because, you know, it helps to see the site ^_-

Girl Scout cookie website
  • sweetestlove1
    sweetestlove1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Log it, work out more this weekend including today and move on.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

What are you talking about?! Guinness only has 120 calories; that's less than 2 cookies. It's definitely light...

You can stay. But I'm not drinking Guinness. NB 1554 or GTFO.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. To the next box of cookies. Peanut butter, hnnnggg.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Hey there @kayemallory. No one is eating a cookie because they think it's good for you. I'll take my cancer with a side of thin mints and bacon please.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    p8ez3tbe3bk3.jpg

I'm sorry....what exactly is a "dead food"?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    p8ez3tbe3bk3.jpg

That is a textbook perfect example of why "Food Babe" should be completely ignored for anything even remotely considered as reliable nutrition information. Bunch of scaremongering and pseudoscientific hysteria.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    What is a "Food Babe?" Sounds deleterious to one's health. [shudder]
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
  • NekoneMeowMixx
    NekoneMeowMixx Posts: 410 Member
    Options

Finally someone talking some sense in this thread!

• kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    lxtw3o6pnxu8.jpg

I ate a box of these sunday after a 10 mile run... and I am going to buy at least 5 more boxes... but being an ex Girl Scout troop leader it don't bother me.. my kids will eat the rest before I get to them..
  • annie_37
    annie_37 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I prefer my food dead, thanks.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    p8ez3tbe3bk3.jpg

I'm sorry....what exactly is a "dead food"?

I would think most anything except live sushi...
  • LifeNewandImproved
    LifeNewandImproved Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    First, log the first box.

Second, log the second box.

Look at that number of calories. Maybe pre log your lunch, and dinner and then look at the daily total.

Then hit complete entry and see how fat you'd be in 5 weeks if you did that every day.

Still want the second box?

You could also -
    Print out a picture of half a pound of fat - because that is pretty much what 1800 calories is
    Print out a picture of the cookies but like, moldy or in the trash or covered in ranch dressing or something disgusting, and look at that each time you decide you want some.

I'm reminded of when I was still figuring all this out and I was just putting my head in my hands yelling at myself "WHY do I do this to myself?" It's biology, it's cravings, it sucks, but somehow, you have to learn your own way of resisting things that don't help you meet your goals.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Did someone ruin this perfectly good thread about Girl Scout Cookies, Oreos, and non-light beer with the freaking Food Babe?

latest?cb=20070101083342

ETA: Strong first post too