I just ate an entire box of Girl Scout cookies. Help!

Options

Replies

• DMB147
    DMB147 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just ate a arby b&c MID :( I dont why I do this ......at least I quit buying cigarettes thou that took years to quit
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    The girl scouts sell arby flavored cookies now?
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Thin mints are the best choice for next time. They even say "thin" on the box.

But the important question here is: what beer did you pair these with? (If your beer choice has the word "light" in it, you're beyond help.)
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    dafuq is a peanut butter patty? Is that like some kind of communist Tagalong?
    Yes. Thought they're not even worth it anymore. They changed the recipe years ago, the cookie part is crumbly and tasteless and the cookie is half the size it used to be.

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    hope516 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    There's only 910 calories in a box?!?! I wish I knew some girl scouts

is it pretty bad that was my thought too??? lol

That's the horrible part. I thought "Well, no serious harm done." and yet that fact itself is what makes it tempting to get another box. For now I can just skip lunch and be okay on calories. Am I going to reason that skipping dinner is good next? If they were more calorie dense it would be better I think. It's on the verge of not being terrible but still being bad. Coupled with the supply that I have to walk by every time I get up it's a real storm.

How many of you here could avoid the temptation if you had a box in your bedroom, car, or RIGHT BESIDE YOUR DESK!? It's not an easy thing to avoid. It's not like I'm going to the store to get these. They're here at work! I can see at least 12 more boxes while I'm typing this.

Most times I could, sometimes I could not. Most times I keep 5-6 different types of treats of that nature in my office as snacks. Since the holidays, I've had an issue with mindless snacking so I don't have anything available but tea and actual meals.

For me, if I have something like a drink or a lower calorie snack to fall back on, it helps. Maybe bring something like that in tomorrow?
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Step 1. Leave all your cash money at home. Now, you can only get another box if you steal from a girl scout. Don't be that person.

Step 2. Go log your cookies in your MFP diary, work out, and remember tomorrow is a new day.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    don't eat any more..

/end thread
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    But the important question here is: what beer did you pair these with? (If your beer choice has the word "light" in it, you're beyond help.)

resized_jesus-says-meme-generator-you-you-i-like-you-f2692d.jpg
  • Roeder1122
    Roeder1122 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If I do eat another box, which one is the least amount of calories? I'm just trying to make better bad decisions.
    Really? Better bad decisions? SMH
  • robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I don't have any Thin Mints at the moment, but I've been plotting where I can get them, and exactly how I'm going to manage them appropriately when I get them. I am only going to do things losing weight that I can sustain for the rest of my life, and I'm not living the rest of my life without Thin Mints. My strategy is going to be to take one box and claim them as MINE and portion them out into ziplocs into appropriate serving sizes and log them in my diary for every day thereafter. The rest of the cookies will go home for the husband and kids and go into the opaque snack box that I never open. That way, I will eat my one portion in a day and if I want to eat more, I can remind myself that I get to eat another portion TOMORROW for a snack, until I finish the whole box, and stay under my calorie goal.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    dafuq is a peanut butter patty? Is that like some kind of communist Tagalong?
    Yes. Thought they're not even worth it anymore. They changed the recipe years ago, the cookie part is crumbly and tasteless and the cookie is half the size it used to be.

The chocolate coating is also waxy tasting IMO.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    why not go all out and get the highest calories samoas?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i prefer oreos anyway ...
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Options
    Roeder1122 wrote: »
    If I do eat another box, which one is the least amount of calories? I'm just trying to make better bad decisions.
    Really? Better bad decisions? SMH

Isn't it better to make better bad decisions than to make worse good decisions?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

#WhyNotBoth?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'll just donate money I guess. For now I'm safe since I only brought enough cash for one box. I'll have to deal with all of this again tomorrow. *sigh*

Talk to the scouts. They might let you buy a box or two on credit. Just make sure you pay them back. They may look adorably harmless, but their collection methods are...*shudder*...ruthless.
  • CarboUnload
    CarboUnload Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that feels that if this post is legitimate that self-destructive impulses like this need to be worked with in therapy? Being fat doesn't start with your stomach...it starts with your brain. If you can sincerely not control yourself with food, you need to consider WHY this is happening...not just how to avoid it in the future.

Also, on a lighter note, Girl Scout cookies are expensive and not even that good. C'mon now.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    hope516 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    There's only 910 calories in a box?!?! I wish I knew some girl scouts

is it pretty bad that was my thought too??? lol

That's the horrible part. I thought "Well, no serious harm done." and yet that fact itself is what makes it tempting to get another box. For now I can just skip lunch and be okay on calories. Am I going to reason that skipping dinner is good next? If they were more calorie dense it would be better I think. It's on the verge of not being terrible but still being bad. Coupled with the supply that I have to walk by every time I get up it's a real storm.

How many of you here could avoid the temptation if you had a box in your bedroom, car, or RIGHT BESIDE YOUR DESK!? It's not an easy thing to avoid. It's not like I'm going to the store to get these. They're here at work! I can see at least 12 more boxes while I'm typing this.

OP, which do you want more, that 2nd box of cookies or to be thinner? You've already indulged, so now it's time to move on.

I keep candy on my desk for my coworkers, and I bring snacks for myself that are filling and tasty, while still satisfying my sweet tooth. Do you pack snacks? If you don't, you need to start, it makes things easier.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

Ooooooh which flava???? :p
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Options

#WhyNotBoth?