Does anyone else sweat exceedingly?

Options
13»

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    sweat tons. got it from my dad. my mom gets a red face when she exerts herself. so basically, i look like i'm dying when i exercise
  • Willkill4pudding
    Willkill4pudding Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I used to be really self concious about how sweaty i would get cause i didnt know other people had that problem but hen i signed up for a zumba class at school and the first day the instructor said "its okay to bring a towel to wipe up your sweat if youre someone who sweats alot like me" and it felt so nice to know that it was something other people dealt with as well! Definitely feel more confident about excersizing now!

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I used to be really self concious about how sweaty i would get cause i didnt know other people had that problem but hen i signed up for a zumba class at school and the first day the instructor said "its okay to bring a towel to wipe up your sweat if youre someone who sweats alot like me" and it felt so nice to know that it was something other people dealt with as well! Definitely feel more confident about excersizing now!

that is a great instructor. it would make me more comfortable even if i wasn't a sweater
  • inglysh731
    inglysh731 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I often weigh myself before and after workouts so that I can put back in what the workout takes out.
    I can drink 16-24 oz pre-workout, ride a bike for about 90 minutes, drinking 56 oz of fluid and still need to add 32+ oz after I'm done to make up the difference.

I can't even touch a bike without sweating profusely. My buddy on the other hand doesn't appear to sweat at all.

In the summer, it's great. I tolerate heat exceedingly well... but I have to drink at least twice as much and it helps if it's a diluted sports drink. Drinking water helps, but not as much as a mix.

In the winter it's terrible because I still sweat a lot and wet while cold is no bueno. I try to tough cold weather rides but it's a challenge. I am in my wool knickers/ls jerseys often into the 60's, sometimes even low 70's though It *feels* like I am comfortable 10+ degrees hotter than most.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I pretty much sweat in three places. Underboob where my sports bra is tightest, my lower back, and the back of my neck where my long hair touches.

I have to REALLY be pushing it to sweat.

I am also one of those people who lifts and works out in a huge oversized hoodie. :)

I might not have that problem, but i may recommend wearing better deodorant/antiperspirant. I also get sweaty feet and i found out you can use antiperspirant ANYWHERE. It has been NIGHT AND DAY different. You can also try something like dusting powders.