First thing in the morning...

What's the first thing you all do in the morning?

Having friends and reading these forum posts makes it so much easier for me (and many others, as I'm learning) to overcome hurdles and keep the motivation going. The first thing I do every morning while I have my coffee and get ready to start working is hop on MFP and look at all of the progress my friends made throughout their days and read the challenges they're facing. It makes me feel like I'm not alone in this! MFP is brilliant for setting up such an amazing networking tool to help so many people meet their goals. Maybe I could do this without the app, but it sure wouldn't be easy! I really appreciate everyone who has incorporated this system into their daily lives- for me, it's getting even more regular than checking Facebook! :-p

If you're a person who loves having friends on here and finds motivation and support through them, please feel free to add me! I want more friends!

Replies

• KatieLynnBauer
    KatieLynnBauer Posts: 17 Member
    The first thing I do is take my Goldendoodle outside and enjoy the peacefulness and calmness of the morning. Also, I'll enjoy a cup of black coffee and sit with my own thoughts, no technology of any kind; just wonderful silence!
  • SaraAhmad117
    SaraAhmad117 Posts: 43 Member
    The first thing I do is take my Goldendoodle outside and enjoy the peacefulness and calmness of the morning. Also, I'll enjoy a cup of black coffee and sit with my own thoughts, no technology of any kind; just wonderful silence!

That's lovely. I love waking up before the sun rises. It's so quiet and calm. I really enjoy silence in the morning.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    The first thing I do in the morning is tell myself it will be a a good day.
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    i pee.

then take my yummy vitamin gummies. and make some black tea.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    i pee.

^That and then I weigh myself before I get ready for gym.

• crazydogladyjess
    crazydogladyjess Posts: 128 Member
    I drink a glass of lemon water, take some powdered greens, then sip on a coffee, throw on some tunes, and do a few stretches to help me wake up.

And I agree, MFP is great. I check it every morning and love seeing how much dedication and support there is on here!
  • shamburger411
    shamburger411 Posts: 30 Member
    The first thing I do is go to the bathroom and chug a warm glass of lemon water. I'll make my husbands lunch, send him on his way, then depending on the day I'll either have my coffee or I'll do my workouts.
    I only do my workouts Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday right now.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,444 Member
    First thing in the morning ... is a mad dash to get to work.

Bathroom, weigh myself, hop into and out of the shower, get dressed, grab something for lunch, and sprint out the door to catch the bus.

If I'm on schedule, that whole process takes me exactly 33 minutes. Plus about 5-6 minutes brisk walk/light jog to get to the bus.
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    First thing in the morning is wash my teeth, face, etc. and take my puppy for a walk :)
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,267 Member
    I've started drinking a full glass of water when I first wake up and taking my prenatal vitamin. Before pregnancy I always drank coffee but I've given it up. I usually have at least two glasses before leaving the house. I like the silence of getting ready while my husband still sleeps. No electronics for me in the morning. I make our smoothie and usually we ride together to work. When it warms up and the sun is up before 7:30 here I'll do some outdoor exercise in the a.m.
  • Yvonnie16
    Yvonnie16 Posts: 67 Member

Having friends and reading these forum posts makes it so much easier for me (and many others, as I'm learning) to overcome hurdles and keep the motivation going. The first thing I do every morning while I have my coffee and get ready to start working is hop on MFP and look at all of the progress my friends made throughout their days and read the challenges they're facing. It makes me feel like I'm not alone in this! MFP is brilliant for setting up such an amazing networking tool to help so many people meet their goals. Maybe I could do this without the app, but it sure wouldn't be easy! I really appreciate everyone who has incorporated this system into their daily lives- for me, it's getting even more regular than checking Facebook! :-p

If you're a person who loves having friends on here and finds motivation and support through them, please feel free to add me! I want more friends!

Exact same sentiment @ Facebook.

First thing in the AM I do my daily MFP checkin. 3 tiny goals for the day. Read my friends' posts and progress. Get pumped. Then, make bed. Get up and start the day :) Cheers.

PS: sent you an add request.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    After the obligatory visit to the restroom, I stretch. My new trainer has been kicking my butt, and I'm sore! Sending you a friend request, sweetie.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    I wake up early with my partner, and usually start the coffee and pack our lunches and make him some breakfast. Then I have about 15 minutes before our roommate is up, but he's out the door like a whirlwind so I have the place to myself for a half hour until I need to leave for work. That's usually when I shower so I can wander around gathering my stuff without needing to dress right away. That's my freedom time!

I am hoping next week to shift the routine by a half hour, being up just a smidgen earlier will give more opportunity for me to exercise if I wish. I would chose a YouTube video or play just Dance on my wii before needing to shower at the same time as usual.
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    I take a dump, then I start a thread on MFP about it and laugh that that's 15 seconds of folks' lives they'll never get back.
  • SaraAhmad117
    DYELB wrote: »
    I take a dump, then I start a thread on MFP about it and laugh that that's 15 seconds of folks' lives they'll never get back.

LOL
  • SaraAhmad117
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    After the obligatory visit to the restroom, I stretch. My new trainer has been kicking my butt, and I'm sore! Sending you a friend request, sweetie.

Thank you! :-D
  • SaraAhmad117
    jessaha wrote: »
    I drink a glass of lemon water, take some powdered greens, then sip on a coffee, throw on some tunes, and do a few stretches to help me wake up.

And I agree, MFP is great. I check it every morning and love seeing how much dedication and support there is on here!

Haha, our routines are almost the same. I pour a cup of warm lemon water with honey and drink it while I browse MFP. Then I move onto coffee and a biscuit or other light food and work for a little while (I'm a freelance content writer so luckily I don't have to do the whole race out of the house to work thing anymore), and after I work for 1-2 hours I take a break and do some exercising for 15-30 minutes (at least that's the plan...I did my first HIIT workout circuit a couple of days ago and my legs are just beginning to feel like I can use them again- and that's not an exaggeration. I kicked my *kitten* in 22 minutes and hurt myself BAD. I just got a jump rope and ordered a resistance band so that I have something else to work on in case I hurt myself like that again lol)
  • SaraAhmad117
    Yvonnie16 wrote: »

Exact same sentiment @ Facebook.

First thing in the AM I do my daily MFP checkin. 3 tiny goals for the day. Read my friends' posts and progress. Get pumped. Then, make bed. Get up and start the day :) Cheers.

PS: sent you an add request.

Thank you! :-D
  • SaraAhmad117
    brb_2013 wrote: »
    I wake up early with my partner, and usually start the coffee and pack our lunches and make him some breakfast. Then I have about 15 minutes before our roommate is up, but he's out the door like a whirlwind so I have the place to myself for a half hour until I need to leave for work. That's usually when I shower so I can wander around gathering my stuff without needing to dress right away. That's my freedom time!

I am hoping next week to shift the routine by a half hour, being up just a smidgen earlier will give more opportunity for me to exercise if I wish. I would chose a YouTube video or play just Dance on my wii before needing to shower at the same time as usual.

Do it! It may feel difficult to drag yourself out of bed earlier, but you will be surprised at how much more energy you'll have :-)
  • steph2740
    steph2740 Posts: 45 Member
    I've been trying to be better about not having my mornings be a rush around half awake and off to work kind of routine, but unfortunately that has been the norm. I have been trying to be better about setting my breakfast/lunch up at night so it's ready to grab in the AM as well as setting my alarm 10-15 min earlier. Mornings are such a struggle for me and I hate that I wish I was a morning person, Id love to eventually get some workouts in before work but....one day at a time! For now preparing my healthy meals for the day is keeping me on track! "Failure to prepare is preparing to fail." << one of the best quotes I came across and have found to be so true! If I don't set myself up that's when I fall off course. Anyway sorry for the rant! Sending a request your way, im also hoping to make some friends here on my journey! :)