Third times the charm? Needing support.

Options
Hey all, this is my third attempt at keeping track with MFP and aiming to get into better shape. Any help and support along the way would be helpful!

Replies

• beverlyjlarson
    beverlyjlarson Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm in the same boat as you are. I have been here several times so I know it works. I start out brilliantly then lose motivation. I think we could possibly help one another. I don't have any magic answers but I can try to help. Feel free to add me.
  • Vikitoria10
    Vikitoria10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I need motivation too! I'm all about working out, but my eating habits suck. I've used this app a while back. It helped me out, but I ended up not following up..soooo hoping to make better habits and would love support and friends and motivation too! Let's help each other out!
  • dangerouscurvs
    dangerouscurvs Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am with you! I do well for a while then kinda go lax.....I love encouraging other people but I'm not so great at motivating myself. Y'all can add me if you like! We can do this!!!
  • SaraAhmad117
    SaraAhmad117 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've been on the "larger" side my whole life. The first time I lost weight was around 2006/2007 when I started working at a fitness center in CT. I lost about 40 lbs and was feeling amazing. Then I moved to NYC with some friends and gained it all back (and then some) in my first year and a half. I got a job at a gym there and lost it all again. Then I moved to Maine and stayed with my cousin whose eating habits were TERRIBLE. Again I gained about 50 lbs. in my first couple of years. Got a gym membership and started walking everywhere, lost about 30 lbs. and moved to India. You can guess what happened next. A little over a year later, I've gained 30 lbs. back and am again trying to lose it. Each time I tell myself I won't let this happen again, but it's really frustrating and discouraging. I'm 16 days into my healthy lifestyle and have lost almost 4 lbs. already, so I'm right on track, but this is the first time I'm trying to lose weight without having a gym membership. I'm kind of worried, but I keep telling myself I can do it.
  • beverlyjlarson
    beverlyjlarson Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've been on the "larger" side my whole life. The first time I lost weight was around 2006/2007 when I started working at a fitness center in CT. I lost about 40 lbs and was feeling amazing. Then I moved to NYC with some friends and gained it all back (and then some) in my first year and a half. I got a job at a gym there and lost it all again. Then I moved to Maine and stayed with my cousin whose eating habits were TERRIBLE. Again I gained about 50 lbs. in my first couple of years. Got a gym membership and started walking everywhere, lost about 30 lbs. and moved to India. You can guess what happened next. A little over a year later, I've gained 30 lbs. back and am again trying to lose it. Each time I tell myself I won't let this happen again, but it's really frustrating and discouraging. I'm 16 days into my healthy lifestyle and have lost almost 4 lbs. already, so I'm right on track, but this is the first time I'm trying to lose weight without having a gym membership. I'm kind of worried, but I keep telling myself I can do it.

You Can Do It!!!!! Feel free to add me and we can help each other out. I share my diary so am open to ideas.
  • SpartanSoldier801
    SpartanSoldier801 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Heya folks, my third time here too, feel free to add me if you want lets get it done!
  • SaraAhmad117
    SaraAhmad117 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

You Can Do It!!!!! Feel free to add me and we can help each other out. I share my diary so am open to ideas.

Thanks! Sent you a request. I share my diary too :-)
    Heya folks, my third time here too, feel free to add me if you want lets get it done!

Sent you a request too!
  • Ngegee
    Ngegee Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Once you've got into the habit of recording what you ate and are honest enough (!) then the app will really give you motivation to keep going. Best of luck