Diet Pills, which are the best?

Options
13»

Replies

• shellshell43
    shellshell43 Posts: 116
    Options

Thanks, I'm still learning about this fitness stuff. Which is why I'm asking on here instead of just buying them straight out. But trust me I won't be taking any. Thanks for the advice.
    I am actually happy you asked here and got some pretty strong responses because you are young and learning and with the strong responses you DO see that the pills are NOT the way to go and now you will be more determined to do it the healthy way instead of a unhealthy so called, but never works, quick fix.

Plus I know being as young as you are once you start working out you are going to love how strong and healthy you will feel and don't need all those chemicals in your system...Good luck....wishing you great success...
  • jcarpio2010
    Options
    centrum multivitamins has one called performance; i take it sometimes if i need an energy boost; it gives u natural vitamins that release your natural energy and energy boosting vitamins; but not suppressors or anything else that will help u gain back at the end.

get plenty of natural energy from fruit and clean eating though so if i really need a boost i just eat healthier than i already do and then im wired and you cant stop me--i should mention i dont drink coffee or anything with caffeine because it depletes your water in your system and you need water to loose.

Also, working out early morning boosts energy for alot of people and i use to do this and would be so wired id want to go back to the gym a second time just to release energy.

Ive lost 41lbs in a tad over 3months (.4lbs a day average), by eating right, eating all my calories, eating back my excercise calories, and havent taken any pills or even gone to the gym to loose weight faster than my body should.
    Thanks this is very helpful.
  • jcarpio2010
    Options
    My experience with taking diet pills ( even prescriptions from my doc) is as soon as you stop takingthem the weight comes back,,just eat heathy and exercise,,you are young it will be easy for you....I also take B12 every mornign it gives me energy and jump starts my metabolism....Good Luck sweetie,,but stay away from diet pills,,the side effects are terrible for you....
    If you need a support buddy add me as a friend,,I support and talk to my friends daily...
    Thank you, definitely not going to take diet pills. Sending friend request. :]
  • jcarpio2010
    Options
    Don't do drugs......mmmmmkay drugs are bad....mmmkay.

Perhaps look at getting maximum nutrition with minimal calorie foods....
    If you take any drug....let it just be some caffeine. Caffeine has been proven to stimulate the metabolism. But the benefit of burning an extra 100 calories per day from using it....may is not significant. That would be .2 lbs a week from using it. It would take 5 weeks to lose 1 lb....yeah, not worth it.
    Haha, first part of this mad me laugh. Thanks for the info.

Seriously though, I understand what you are wanting to learn. Its funny to me to see such a response to such a question. But hey in the future if you want to know how to create a firestorm and walk away....this is how you do it!
    LOL.

*Directed at everyone else* GUYS! WHY SO SERIOUS?!?
    Lol, yea I've learned my lesson. It's crazy to see so many people worked up about this. But hey, doesn't bother me any.
  • jcarpio2010
    Options

Thanks, I'm still learning about this fitness stuff. Which is why I'm asking on here instead of just buying them straight out. But trust me I won't be taking any. Thanks for the advice.
    I am actually happy you asked here and got some pretty strong responses because you are young and learning and with the strong responses you DO see that the pills are NOT the way to go and now you will be more determined to do it the healthy way instead of a unhealthy so called, but never works, quick fix.

Plus I know being as young as you are once you start working out you are going to love how strong and healthy you will feel and don't need all those chemicals in your system...Good luck....wishing you great success...
    Exactly! I'd never really looked into it and just wanted to see what people thought and now I know. Lol. Thanks for everything.
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Im wishing you luck on your journey :) Like previous statements, you are young and getting the weight off will be easy! Good luck! Feel free to request me.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    if u take a drug to help your appetite control, when you stop taking them after your lose, you will gain everything back because you wont have the appetite suppressor anymore. Your body also becomes ammune to them so after a week or two, instead of just taking a couple a day, you have to take double that, and then what happens a week later, when your maxing out the pills recommended limit, and they arent working??

take your time with the lose and learn the tools you need to keep it off...

only take them if you plan on gaining it all back... trust me... been there, done that.

I don't find myself becoming addicted to appetite suppressants especially since they are all natural. And I don't take them daily, so my body is not "becoming immune to them." I've lost 43 pounds eating healthy and exercising and I have not gained any of it back in 10 months. This is a lifestyle change not a quick fix so if you take appetite suppressants sparingly and continue to eat healthy after you've reached your goal, you won't gain anything back. People who gain the weight back are people who have given up on eating healthy and exercising.

I never used the word addicted; but with any medicine, wether it be for pain, appetite control, headache, whatever, your body gets use to them and they stop working for you, so you have to take more in order for them to work. Taking a appetite suppressor on a rare occasion is not at all what i was talking about; i was talking about if you take a pill everyday... most of the diet pills, where your suppose to take them 3x a day, everyday... and then a week in, it says right on the bottle that you take 2pills 3x a day instead of 1pill 3x a day... and then after the second pills, your body has got use to the second amount youve given it again, and then your screwed cuz your not suppose to take more than 6pills a day.

My last diet; i lost 30lbs on pills that helped me eat less; after 2 weeks, i couldnt loose anymore (starvation mode), and then my appetite came back even though i was taking the pills, and i started eating normal, regular way for a healthy person, not overeating, just eating a regular amount of calories for someone that was 260lbs, and i was gaining weight. i stopped taking the pills... i couldnt stop gaining.. i was eating just fine, i didnt understand... talk about depressing... i kept going up and up, until one day i was 325lbs (my highest weight before taking the pills was 290lbs), and again, i was eating just how i should!!! I stayed at 325 for a long time; even though i was eating normal and had long since stopped the pills, i wasnt losing even though i should have been.. what i learned later was that in the 2weeks of the pills working for me and eating less, i had completely shut down my metabolism and i kept gaining and gaining because i didnt have a metabolism, and it took it a couple of years to come back!!!! years!! not months, or weeks, or days... At 325 i was miserable... and then one day i started losing naturally again, and went to 275 eating the same way i had been those years.. unfortuently i got in a car wreck and couldnt be active anymore and gained again and went up to 313 due to lack of excercise, but then i found this place, and here i am, unable to do alot of excercise but still losing alot of weight because it really helps to keep me on track just that much more and making sure im exact to my calories, instead of guessing in my head.
  • jcarpio2010
    Options
    Im wishing you luck on your journey :) Like previous statements, you are young and getting the weight off will be easy! Good luck! Feel free to request me.
    Thank you and good luck to you too!
  • jcarpio2010
    Options
    I never used the word addicted; but with any medicine, wether it be for pain, appetite control, headache, whatever, your body gets use to them and they stop working for you, so you have to take more in order for them to work. Taking a appetite suppressor on a rare occasion is not at all what i was talking about; i was talking about if you take a pill everyday... most of the diet pills, where your suppose to take them 3x a day, everyday... and then a week in, it says right on the bottle that you take 2pills 3x a day instead of 1pill 3x a day... and then after the second pills, your body has got use to the second amount youve given it again, and then your screwed cuz your not suppose to take more than 6pills a day.

My last diet; i lost 30lbs on pills that helped me eat less; after 2 weeks, i couldnt loose anymore (starvation mode), and then my appetite came back even though i was taking the pills, and i started eating normal, regular way for a healthy person, not overeating, just eating a regular amount of calories for someone that was 260lbs, and i was gaining weight. i stopped taking the pills... i couldnt stop gaining.. i was eating just fine, i didnt understand... talk about depressing... i kept going up and up, until one day i was 325lbs (my highest weight before taking the pills was 290lbs), and again, i was eating just how i should!!! I stayed at 325 for a long time; even though i was eating normal and had long since stopped the pills, i wasnt losing even though i should have been.. what i learned later was that in the 2weeks of the pills working for me and eating less, i had completely shut down my metabolism and i kept gaining and gaining because i didnt have a metabolism, and it took it a couple of years to come back!!!! years!! not months, or weeks, or days... At 325 i was miserable... and then one day i started losing naturally again, and went to 275 eating the same way i had been those years.. unfortuently i got in a car wreck and couldnt be active anymore and gained again and went up to 313 due to lack of excercise, but then i found this place, and here i am, unable to do alot of excercise but still losing alot of weight because it really helps to keep me on track just that much more and making sure im exact to my calories, instead of guessing in my head.
    Wow, I wish you luck!
  • lapamperedchef
    Options
    I use prograde for supplements and juice plus. No diet pills, you don't need them.
  • rosaliabritt
    rosaliabritt Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    PEOPLE! Please be nice! This is a 19 year old trying to get on track. We don't have to be mean.
    You'll find that eating right and exercising are the best way to go. Diet pills aren't really necessary if you are doing these two things. :)

Ditto!:drinker:
  • jcarpio2010
    Options
    I use prograde for supplements and juice plus. No diet pills, you don't need them.
    Thanks, I'll look into those.
  • jcarpio2010
    Options
    PEOPLE! Please be nice! This is a 19 year old trying to get on track. We don't have to be mean.
    You'll find that eating right and exercising are the best way to go. Diet pills aren't really necessary if you are doing these two things. :)

Ditto!:drinker:
    Thank you! lol
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    if u take a drug to help your appetite control, when you stop taking them after your lose, you will gain everything back because you wont have the appetite suppressor anymore. Your body also becomes ammune to them so after a week or two, instead of just taking a couple a day, you have to take double that, and then what happens a week later, when your maxing out the pills recommended limit, and they arent working??

take your time with the lose and learn the tools you need to keep it off...

only take them if you plan on gaining it all back... trust me... been there, done that.

I don't find myself becoming addicted to appetite suppressants especially since they are all natural. And I don't take them daily, so my body is not "becoming immune to them." I've lost 43 pounds eating healthy and exercising and I have not gained any of it back in 10 months. This is a lifestyle change not a quick fix so if you take appetite suppressants sparingly and continue to eat healthy after you've reached your goal, you won't gain anything back. People who gain the weight back are people who have given up on eating healthy and exercising.

Wow, that is intense. Good luck on your journey, sounds like you've got things figured out now. I've heard similar stories about the different diet pills, I also experimented with the HCG diet. I agree non of them are good and wreck your metabolism. I've been cautious ever since my dumb HCG diet idea, and only opted for the Calorie Control pills because of the all natural ingredients. It helps around holidays when there is soooooo much good food, and sweets. Nothing I would take on a daily basis though. Keep up the good work though, its a frustrating journey sometimes, but sooo worth it in the end!
  • lorischlitz
    Options
    Okay .. haters. I've been using Ephedra for over 15 years off and on with a ton of success and zero side effects. I do not recommend it for people who have a history of heart problems or high blood pressure but, if you're healthy it's not a problem.