52 and 2/1/2 weeks in and only lost 1lb

Options
2»

Replies

• candicer
    candicer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Dlann wrote: »
    I'm 52. I started last January 2.. Keep doing what you are doing.. Trudge on. It will work. I lost 25 lbs and 3-4 clothes sizes.. Weight wasn't gained in a few weeks the best weight loss is slowly taking it off!

Diann, How long did it take you to get the 25 pounds off? And how long before you lost your first few? Ive been doing this (religiously!) for 3 weeks and nada, nothing, zip. I have about 25 to loose as well.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    candicer wrote: »
    Dlann wrote: »
    I'm 52. I started last January 2.. Keep doing what you are doing.. Trudge on. It will work. I lost 25 lbs and 3-4 clothes sizes.. Weight wasn't gained in a few weeks the best weight loss is slowly taking it off!

Diann, How long did it take you to get the 25 pounds off? And how long before you lost your first few? Ive been doing this (religiously!) for 3 weeks and nada, nothing, zip. I have about 25 to loose as well.

Im not diann,but its going to be different for everyone. if you havent lost anything make sure you have a food scale,weigh all solids and semi solids on a scale in grams and all liquids in cups(or on the scale as well) in ounces.cups and spoon measurements are not accurate for solids and semi solids. even serving sizes on packaging tends to be off. fruit/veggies even if they are the same size most of the time will have different weights which means different calorie levels.and make sure the entries in MFP are accurate. a lot of them are off. so you can cross reference by using the package,website,usda website and so on to make sure.
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    You're eating more than you think, you're burning less than you think........eat less and move more
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    helaurin wrote: »
    Also, if you are exercising and building muscle - muscle weighs more than fat. So you may be transforming your body in terms of body fat %, and still be hovering in the same weight area for now.

This is such total BS.
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You are doing great and you *will* see results, but it is totally normal to expect a lot of water retention especially when starting up a new exercise routine. I gained 5-7lb the first time I started working out with Jillian Michaels DVDs - did not see inches drop the first three weeks, felt stronger/more fit but also felt puffy and my clothes fit worse if anything during those weeks. Near the end of the first month I started seeing the kind of results that motivated me to start in the first place. Since 2014 I've dropped 3 dress sizes overall, very very slowly and with ups and downs along the way. I'm 47. You got this.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Keep it up. In three months, you'll be so proud. Take measures and photos. It'll come off. (I was in your place last year...)
  • gdadki
    gdadki Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am 58 and have hypothyroidism and it will certainly affect your ability to lose weight. You can do it but you have to be patient. If you continue to have trouble losing consider having your doctor do done blood work.
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if you aren't currently weighing your food, just sort of guesstimating, that's why I think you aren't losing quickly, you're probably eating more than you suspect
  • leilbobeil
    leilbobeil Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I notice that when I restart working out I often don't see much results at first. I do notice that when my protein intake is increased my results increase. And the same goes for water. So maybe pay attention to the amount of protein you are eating if you are logging all your food.

And remember, a body in motion will look like a body in motion. If you put in the effort and push the body it will change whether it be the number on the scale, muscle definition, or feeling stronger. Keep it up and the results will follow.
  • southportmom2fab5
    southportmom2fab5 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    As my mom used to say, "1 cheeseburger will not make you fat just as one salad won't make you thin." Carry on, this is a journey with possible detours (injuries, major life stressors) and destinations (your end goals may change from weight, BMI, fitness level, etc). Your commitment to yourself will be your single most important predictor of success. You're worth it!
  • rwhyte12
    rwhyte12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'd eat more calories of the healthful variety.
    Some things I eat: flax seed in smoothies which has the good fat.
    Olive oil salad dressings and the salad to go with it.
    Boiled eggs, at least two a day.
    Noni juice in smoothies. You require little and it has high fiber.
    Whey protein which can flavour the smoothies without sugar and bring up the protein at the same time.
    Chicken taco.
    Soy chocolate pudding.
    And then, do your research and find out more about good fats.
    I have found that if you eat the good fats and up your proteins and lower your carbs that you end up making your body satisfied. You're never hungry. Once you start eating all of this stuff. weight comes off as you're satisfied and not pursuing empty calories or sugars and carbs.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements in addition to stepping on the scale. If you start exercising, you build muscle and your scale can't tell the difference between muscle, fat, water weight, etc. The measuring tape can. :)
  • candicer
    candicer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Progress!!!! I haven"t weighed myself this week, but I do take measurements several times a week. This morning I measured, and I have finally lost 1/2 inch at my waist, another 1/2 inch at my hips, and about 1/4 inch at my upper thigh. Tomorrow I will weigh myself, but I'm just so happy I finally see some progress!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!